• NCAA Football 13 Dynasty Wire Website Now Accessible

While it's been discussed previously, NCAA Football 13 will be receiving an update Dynasty Wire for use with Online Dynasty. The site has recently been found online (http://www.easports.com/dynasty13/default), however currently you'll not be able to access any of the features unless you have a copy of the game and are a member of an Online Dynasty. Seen below after the break, you can at least see some mock-ups of some of the new features including Scouting, Preseason/Offseason Duties, Heisman Trophy Race, Pipeline States, and Coaching Carousel. Additional to this, as we've previously reported, most of the major bugs that were present in the NCAA Football 12 Dynasty Wire should be corrected.

For those unfamiliar with Dynasty Wire, the website allows you to do much of what you can do on the console short of actually playing the game, and even that has a substitute. Things like recruiting, looking at stats, and game results allow you to stay in touch with what's going on with your dynasty without firing up the console. As well, Super Sim Online, the substitute for playing the game, allows you to do essentially everything you can in the game short of controlling the players; you're able to call plays and make substitutions and then see the results happen on your screen.

UPDATE
    One change this year is that regarding the Advance from the Web feature. Added last year, this feature allows users to advance their Online Dynasty to the next week without having to boot up their console. While this feature was free last year, this year it is included with Season Ticket or available separately as a purchasable add-on. As described on the Season Ticket page, those that purchase Season Ticket will have access to not only play the game 3 days early, but also have access to premium web content from your computer; that web content this year includes both the Advance from the Web as well as Super Sim Online. We have confirmed though that those that don't subscribe to Season Ticket will be able to purchase this ability separately, however the price is unknown at this time.

Continue after the break for mock-ups and let us know what you think. Also be sure to check back on 7/6 at 6pm ET for a review of the new site.

Comments 50 Comments
      SmoothPancakes -
      Quote Originally Posted by psuexv View Post
      I'm actually looking at it right now on EAs site. Doesn't look like I can buy it here though. Must have to get it on PSN.
      Yeah, I had to buy it through the 360 marketplace when I got it last September.
      thirtydaZe -
      is the fact that the recruiting board is still messed up on the '12 site, a sign of things yet to be fixed on the '13 site?
      JeffHCross -
      Quote Originally Posted by thirtydaZe View Post
      is the fact that the recruiting board is still messed up on the '12 site, a sign of things yet to be fixed on the '13 site?
      I haven't seen any indication that anything has been changed on the '12 site. As far as I know, the two sites are separate and changes to one will not affect the other.
      Kansacity88 -
      I actually picked up Season Ticket, believe it or not, from Gamestop. I went in looking to buy a couple PSN $20 cards and the guy made a comment something like, "Looking to download a bunch of games, eh?" I was like, "Nah, I just wanna pick up the EA Sports Season Ticket." So he goes, "Well, I can save you the trouble because we actually sell that here!"
      gschwendt -
      I posted general overall impressions about the site in the Impressions article but if you have any specific questions about Dynasty Wire, by all means ask away. The one thing that I wasn't able to test was file downloads. They look much improved from a GUI standpoint (can choose "download all" for all files, download all teams or select individuals, etc.) but the download itself never starts.

Otherwise, feel free to ask away.
      rsump112 -
      gschwendt, have they improved the stat tracking on the dynasty website? I want to see all stats, not just the few that EA decides are important.
      ram29jackson -
      and do they show all tems -not just top 25?
      gschwendt -
      Quote Originally Posted by rsump112 View Post
      gschwendt, have they improved the stat tracking on the dynasty website? I want to see all stats, not just the few that EA decides are important.
      About the only player stats that they don't have are Punting, specific distances for FG accuracy, and some of the defensive statistics. Not sure what was missing last year but I imagine it's going to be similar. Let me know what you think is missing and I can pass that along. As well, so far I haven't been able to get any of the download files to work yet so those stats might be in there, but at any rate, let me know what you think is missing and I'll pass it along.

To answer the question I think you're asking ram, it's not just Top 25 teams but rather Top 25 players at a given category. At this moment, it looks like it is still limited to those 25 players but I've sent in notes that it should re-calculate based on what you want to see. That way if you want to see the player that has the most interceptions in the NCAA, you can do so, instead of just seeing who has the most out of top 25 according to yards.
      psuexv -
      So I can't browse dynasties unless I'm part of a dynasty? That's dumb
      gschwendt -
      Since I mentioned it in the Impressions article, I wanted to mention, it appears as though the Promises bug is fixed. I promised a player a pitch in the first week, then came back and the next week it was grayed out (appropriately). I then tried to make more than the three pitches allowed and it popped-up saying you can't make any more.
      psuexv -
      Quote Originally Posted by gschwendt View Post
      Since I mentioned it in the Impressions article, I wanted to mention, it appears as though the Promises bug is fixed. I promised a player a pitch in the first week, then came back and the next week it was grayed out (appropriately). I then tried to make more than the three pitches allowed and it popped-up saying you can't make any more.
      Good stuff This was a major disadvantage last year.
      JeffHCross -
      I posted general overall impressions about the site in the Impressions article but if you have any specific questions about Dynasty Wire, by all means ask away. The one thing that I wasn't able to test was file downloads.
      Downloading every team's roster as one file.

Freaking awesome.

EDIT: Though apparently the download freezes consistently around the 80% mark. Not so awesome.
      gschwendt -
      Quote Originally Posted by JeffHCross View Post
      Downloading every team's roster as one file.

Freaking awesome.

EDIT: Though apparently the download freezes consistently around the 80% mark. Not so awesome.
      Yeah... Downloads are generally broken right now. They are aware and hope to have them fixed soon.
      psuexv -
      Just noticed that you can't go to the schedule and view the game details anymore for games that have been already played. Looks like the only way to view them is by going to the stories.
      gschwendt -
      Quote Originally Posted by psuexv View Post
      Just noticed that you can't go to the schedule and view the game details anymore for games that have been already played. Looks like the only way to view them is by going to the stories.
      You can, you just have to click on the week you want to see from the left hand menu.
      psuexv -
      You can, you just have to click on the week you want to see from the left hand menu.
      Yeah I actually knew that, I was more talking about the other users games and looking at the weekly view. I totally blanked on the fact that I could just look at the team schedule and change it to the team that I want, especially since they put all user teams at the top
      gschwendt -
      Downloads appear to be working now... at least Rosters (individual or all) & Recruits are. It's slow to build the All Rosters but it downloads a zip which is just a CSV with all teams.

Certainly could use some changes to the csv layout (content, labels, etc.) but it is now at least working.
      Coach Kernzy -
      Yeah it'd also be nice if there weren't just 4 columns of numbers at the end with no headers and I don't think all the headers match up to the correct attribute #s. Oh EA...
      gschwendt -
      Quote Originally Posted by Coach Kernzy View Post
      Yeah it'd also be nice if there weren't just 4 columns of numbers at the end with no headers and I don't think all the headers match up to the correct attribute #s. Oh EA...
      I'm fairly certain that RBF, RBS, PBF, & PBS ratings are still included in the spreadsheet... their labels were removed but the columns themselves were not. If you filter out to only OL, they have inappropriate ratings for CTH, and so on. If you insert 4 cells before Catching to shift the labels to the right, everything seems to match up.

Yes, it's frustrating but certainly workable and temporary.
      JeffHCross -
      Is "Stay Signed In" working for anybody else on the Dynasty Wire site? I still have to login at least once a day, if not every time I visit.