• NCAA Football 13 - TeamBuilder Website Launched

The NCAA Football 13 TeamBuilder website is now live. In addition to making their own custom squad, the annual update will allow gamers to view game rosters, new stadiums, updated field art, and new uniforms coming to NCAA Football 13.

As expected, it has been confirmed that previous TeamBuilder squads can be imported into the new site for use in NCAA Football 13. However, it appears that no major upgrades have been planned for the mode. From EA SPORTS Community Manager Justin Dewiel via Twitter: "TeamBuilder will have new high school stadiums and uniforms, but there's not an overhaul of the feature this year."

After viewing the new site, please share any new TeamBuilder features or new school specific aspects (uniforms & field art) you notice on the site.

The lack of upgrades will be very disappointing to the passionate TeamBuilder community. Currently on the EA SPORTS GameChangers 'Ideas' tab, 'TeamBuilder 2.0' is the fourth-highest requested feature for the NCAA Football franchise. Some of the top community requests for the mode include additional logo options, the ability to create more uniform options, old school equipment, and more.
    This article was originally published in forum thread: Teambuilder should be released this week started by MrToo Brand New View original post
    Comments 110 Comments
      ram29jackson -
      Quote Originally Posted by gschwendt View Post
      If you guys are wanting a revamp/overhaul of TeamBuilder, be sure you've voted for it on the Game Changers idea site.
      http://mgi-gc.easports.com/a/dtd/Tea...0/137958-18503

give me a break LOL

they've seen comments for 2 years to add more.

I dont mean to be crass but "Come On Man!"
      ram29jackson -
      Quote Originally Posted by gschwendt View Post
      If you guys are wanting a revamp/overhaul of TeamBuilder, be sure you've voted for it on the Game Changers idea site.
      http://mgi-gc.easports.com/a/dtd/Tea...0/137958-18503
      I have no clue where or how to log in to leave a comment or vote on this thing ?

...a year away from anything anyway...too little,too late
      gschwendt -
      Quote Originally Posted by ram29jackson View Post
      give me a break LOL

they've seen comments for 2 years to add more.

I dont mean to be crass but "Come On Man!"
      Yeah, but at the same time, it wasn't important enough to make our Wishlist Tournament's Top 13 items. Obviously our site isn't composed of the only target audience, but the requests for TB 2.0 has been very quiet in my opinion. It's just this time of year when they announce that it's untouched is when everyone makes a fuss. In 2 months, there won't be much of a peep (based on previous years).

I have no clue where or how to log in to leave a comment or vote on this thing ?

...a year away from anything anyway...too little,too late
      Go to the GameChangers site and sign in with the same EA account that you use on Team Builder or any other EA site, then search for TeamBuilder 2.0 and vote and comment (or go to the NCAA Football section and scroll down to the 5th item).
      ram29jackson -
      Yeah, but at the same time, it wasn't important enough to make our Wishlist Tournament's Top 13 items. Obviously our site isn't composed of the only target audience, but the requests for TB 2.0 has been very quiet in my opinion. It's just this time of year when they announce that it's untouched is when everyone makes a fuss. In 2 months, there won't be much of a peep (based on previous years).

All this means is the average consumer assumes it will be improved on because almost everything is always updated and advanced. So they figure there will be change in a years time.
      Then they come to see there isnt any and are surprised by that and are disappointed. Very few fill the need to stalk a message board to see if somethings changing, it doesnt mean they arent interested in it changing.

wishlist tournament ? they need to be told how to come up with ideas? You need to look at a survey after seeing sports video games for many years that colored shoes and socks would be a good idea? You could do that in like 2004 or 5' and they couldnt think of adding it to the teambuilder site ?

if it wasnt that important why did the make an entire external site to begin with ?........my rant for the day
      souljahbill -
      Some guys on OS are starting an #UpdateTeambuilder campaign on Twitter if anyone wants to join in.
      Noles94 -
      All this means is the average consumer assumes it will be improved on because almost everything is always updated and advanced. So they figure there will be change in a years time.
      Then they come to see there isnt any and are surprised by that and are disappointed. Very few fill the need to stalk a message board to see if somethings changing, it doesnt mean they arent interested in it changing.

wishlist tournament ? they need to be told how to come up with ideas? You need to look at a survey after seeing sports video games for many years that colored shoes and socks would be a good idea? You could do that in like 2004 or 5' and they couldnt think of adding it to the teambuilder site ?

if it wasnt that important why did the make an entire external site to begin with ?........my rant for the day
      While I did already vote on the Teambuilder 2.0 Gamechangers site, I have to agree with Ram. Particularly the bold. I've even joined a few others on Twitter trying to trend #UpdateTeambuilder, but I hold out very little hope that it will do any good. It just seems like a very very low priority on EA's part. Great concept, poorly followed up on.
      Deuce -
      I love Teambuilder but it doesn't bother me too much. I know where it stands on the priority list. It's not going to help sell the game. I will say though it seems like they could add new templates without much effort. I would like to understand why some of the 'easy' things have not been updated. Templates, fonts, etc...
      JeffHCross -
      Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
      I would like to understand why some of the 'easy' things have not been updated. Templates, fonts, etc...
      Hear hear. I can understand why some of the more ... expensive ... requests that I see for Teambuilder don't get added, but the current options have been relatively untouched (from what I recall) since launch. It's much like Create-A-Team on NCAA 07 was largely the same as on 2004, if memory serves. And that's just annoying, especially for a feature that, if memory serves, was the last time the NCAA series was mentioned during the E3 press conference. For such a "big" announcement, the post release support has been very disappointing.
      PeteyKirch -
      The fool in me was hoping to wake up today and the site would be live.
      souljahbill -
      It's inaccessible from my phone. Is it updated yet?
      gschwendt -
      Quote Originally Posted by souljahbill View Post
      It's inaccessible from my phone. Is it updated yet?
      Nope, doesn't appear to be.
      CyberVike -
      Well the link at the top that used to read "Go to Teambuilder 2011" now reads "Go to Teambuilder 2012" from my pc so I'm not sure if it's live 100% but it appears to be very close.

Why can't they at least change the background color or something...
      cdj -
      The new site is live.

At quick glance, new Oregon 'mirrored' (Silver) helmets are in - so that was my confirmation.

Please post any new aspects of Team Builder or school-specific aspects you may find.
      PeteyKirch -
      Rosters are BONK

They do have templates for UMass UTSA though...

No new Rutgers uniforms, outside of the old black alternate...

Helmet wise,

Red Helmet White R
      Matte Black Helmet White R
      Matte Black Helmet Red R
      beartide06 -
      Link please?
      ryby6969 -
      I know for a fact that Miami's roster is not new. Still have Miller, Harris, and Spence on the team. Hopefully all the teams rosters are updated soon.
      JBHuskers -
      Quote Originally Posted by cdj View Post
      The new site is live.

At quick glance, new Oregon 'mirrored' (Silver) helmets are in - so that was my confirmation.

Please post any new aspects of Team Builder or school-specific aspects you may find.
      Yep. New teams are in "existing helmets" too.
      cdj -
      Quote Originally Posted by beartide06 View Post
      Link please?
      http://www.easports.com/teambuilder/
      Kwizzy -
      Rosters are from 12 or at least are NOT from 13
      cdj -
      I started by looking through Field Arts. Noticed a few new ones from 2011 season in, such as Maryland, Kansas State.... It looks like quite a few bowl art updated as well. Still digging through.