• NCAA Football 13 - Top 25

EA SPORTS has officially released the Top 25 teams in NCAA Football 13. A listing of the Top 25 emerged during E3 2012 coverage, but was finally confirmed last week on the official product site.

Defending BCS National Champion Alabama will enters NCAA Football 13 as the #1 team in the game. USC - the trendy non-SEC National Championship pick - is at #2 with LSU coming in at #3. Oregon, Oklahoma, Georgia, Arkansas, Florida State, Michigan, and West Virginia round out the top ten. (Keep in mind that the Top 25 does not necessarily indicate the top rated overall teams in the game; it is EA's attempt to match the yet-to-be-released pre-season polls).

Continue on to view the Top 25 teams in NCAA Football 13 and to also look back at the NCAA Football 12 Top 25 and see how they finished the 2011 season.

NCAA Football 13 - Top 25

Ranking Team 2011 Record
    1 Alabama 12-1
    2 USC 10-2
    3 LSU 13-1
    4 Oregon 12-2
    5 Oklahoma 10-3
    6 Georgia 10-4
    7 Arkansas 11-2
    8 Florida State 9-4
    9 Michigan 11-2
    10 West Virginia 10-3
    11 South Carolina 11-2
    12 Michigan State 11-3
    13 Kansas State 10-3
    14 Clemson 10-4
    15 Virginia Tech 11-3
    16 Wisconsin 11-3
    17 TCU 11-2
    18 Ohio State 6-7
    19 Nebraska 9-4
    20 Stanford 11-2
    21 Boise State 12-1
    22 Texas 8-5
    23 Oklahoma State 12-1
    24 Notre Dame 8-5
    25 Florida 7-6

Now, let's review the NCAA Football 12 Top 25 and see how they fared in the 2011 season.

NCAA Football 12 - Top 25 Comparison

NCAA 12 Rank Team 2011 Record Final Coaches' Poll Rank Final Coaches' Poll Top 25 Team
    1 Alabama 12-1 1 1 Alabama
    2 Ohio State 6-7 --- 2 LSU
    3 Texas 8-5 --- 3 Oklahoma State
    4 Oregon 12-2 4 4 Oregon
    5 Boise State 12-1 6 5 Arkansas
    6 Florida 7-6 --- 6 Boise State
    7 Virginia Tech 11-3 17 7 Stanford
    8 TCU 11-2 13 8 South Carolina
    9 Nebraska 9-4 24 9 Michigan
    10 Iowa 7-6 --- 10 Michigan State
    11 Wisconsin 11-3 11 11 Wisconsin
    12 Georgia Tech 8-5 --- 12 Baylor
    13 USC 10-2 *Ineligible 13 TCU
    14 Miami 6-6 --- 14 Houston
    15 Oklahoma 10-3 15 15 Oklahoma
    16 Pitt 6-7 --- 16 Kansas State
    17 LSU 13-1 2 17 Virginia Tech
    18 Penn State 9-4 --- 18 West Virginia
    19 Oregon State 3-9 --- 19 Southern Miss
    20 Arkansas 11-2 5 20 Georgia
    21 Florida State 9-4 23 21 Cincinnati
    22 North Carolina 7-6 --- 22 Clemson
    23 Utah 8-5 --- 23 Florida State
    24 Cincinnati 10-3 21 24 Nebraska
    25 Houston 13-1 14 25 BYU

Looking back at the 2011 season, the NCAA Football 12 Top 25 had some very accurate predictions (IE: Alabama, Oregon, Wisconsin), but also some overrated squads (IE: Pitt, Oregon State, North Carolina). With the franchise allowing customization to rosters (with features such as Team Builder and roster editing), the user could made significant changes to each team's personnel, but the Top 25 stays the same. An editable Top 25 would allow users to update the Top 25 within the game to match changes made to the game's roster. It would also allow user's to match real-life rankings as the season progresses or to simply match the actual pre-season polls before starting a Dynasty. Given some of the shake-up that can occur between the the game being finalized and the start of the season - not to mention teams floundering or over-achieving during the course of the season - this seems like an area where customization or updates would be appreciated by the community.

Which teams in the NCAA Football 13 Top 25 do you feel are over-rated or under-rated? Share your thoughts on the game's Top 25 with the community below.
    Comments 21 Comments
      shockscape -
      South Carolina overrated imo. Clemson is underrated, I think they will be in the top 5 at the end of the season. Notre Dame...shouldn't even be on the list.
      ReBuKez -
      I don't agree with some of these schools being top 25 material.
      OSUCowboyofMD -
      Notre Dame and are definately not Top 25 material
      OSUCowboyofMD -
      SmoothPancakes -
      Quote Originally Posted by ReBuKez View Post
      I don't agree with some of these schools being top 25 material.
      Nobody ever does. You could have a million different combinations of top 25 teams, and at least one person would disagree with each of them. Partly why I tend to ignore top 25 polls, because it's just human voter biased bullshit.
      souljahbill -
      Any poll that doesn't have Southern Miss #1 is obviously "teh bias" and doesn't know anything about college football.
      OSUCowboyofMD -
      Quote Originally Posted by souljahbill View Post
      Any poll that doesn't have Southern Miss #1 is obviously "teh bias" and doesn't know anything about college football.
      JeffHCross -
      Quote Originally Posted by cdj View Post
      An editable Top 25 would allow users to update the Top 25 within the game to match changes made to the game's roster. It would also allow user's to match real-life rankings as the season progresses or to simply match the actual pre-season polls before starting a Dynasty. Given some of the shake-up that can occur between the the game being finalized and the start of the season - not to mention teams floundering or over-achieving during the course of the season - this seems like an area where customization or updates would be appreciated by the community.
      I don't necessarily want to see a user-editable Top 25, because I think that could take a lot of time for something few would use. But I'd love to see them simply make the Year One Top 25 dynamic. If it used whatever algorithm is used to do it in Years 2+, then the Top 25 would change based on Teambuilder teams, roster changes, etc. If memory serves, if I replace the #1 team with a Cupcake Teambuilder squad, they're still #1 going into Year 1.
      psuexv -
      Why do CLW and I get called out for posting this last week but Chris doesn't a week later hmmmmmmm......

Quote Originally Posted by gschwendt View Post
      Why do you guys like old news so much?
      http://www.thegamingtailgate.com/for...l=1#post142590
      psuexv -
      4 SEC teams in the Top 7
      psuexv -
      I know this isn't the thread for it but I would love to see them get rid of preseason polls. Probably the only good thing the BCS ever did was wait until week 8 to release their poll.
      CLW -
      Quote Originally Posted by psuexv View Post
      Why do CLW and I get called out for posting this last week but Chris doesn't a week later hmmmmmmm......
      The MAN holdin' us down. Those damn 1%ers of the TGT keepin' the 99% under its thumb and then take our ideas and claim them as their own. Time to RIOT!
      psuexv -
      Quote Originally Posted by CLW View Post
      Time to RIOT!
      I don't know, that sounds like a lot of work
      gschwendt -
      Add a breakdown like cdj did and we would have posted it on the homepage... but you guys just regurgitated old content without adding anything. You should be ashamed that you want recognition for that. I'm disappointed in the both of you.
      psuexv -
      Add a breakdown like cdj did and we would have posted it on the homepage... but you guys just regurgitated old content without adding anything. You should be ashamed that you want recognition for that. I'm disappointed in the both of you.
      So cdj slaps a new coat of paint on old news and you reward him

I'm not front page material, just trying to get the word out
      gschwendt -
      Quote Originally Posted by psuexv View Post
      So cdj slaps a new coat of paint on old news and you reward him
      Yeah, but cdj is the West Coast Customs of NCAA news... he tricked that news story out!
      SCClassof93 -
      Quote Originally Posted by shockscape View Post
      South Carolina overrated imo. Clemson is underrated, I think they will be in the top 5 at the end of the season. Notre Dame...shouldn't even be on the list.
      souljahbill -
      Yeah, but cdj is the West Coast Customs of NCAA news... he tricked that news story out!
      Militant X 1 -
      9-4 Florida State over 11-3 Virginia Tech? please!!!!! smh!!!

~Mili
      RTR14 -
      i could of swore osu and stanford was ranked in the top 25 on the game last year is that ncaa 12 or 11 ranking