• NCAA Football 13 - Road to Glory

Monday afternoon, EA SPORTS unveiled the changes and improvements coming to Road to Glory in NCAA Football 13 via a webcast and blogs.

Among the major improvements to the mode are improved playcalling (more touches for your player), Reaction Time, the ability to return kick-offs & punts, a new Award & Leaderboard system, and more. Continue on to learn more about all of the changes coming to RTG in NCAA 13.

Blogs:

Road to Glory Improvements:
    • Difficulty Levels - Each level effects Gameplay difficulty, Coach Trust Points and XP Points (Time until starter: Freshman - 5 weeks, Varsity - 8 weeks, AA - 13 weeks, Heisman - 18 weeks)
    • Kick Return (KR & PR) - Depth chart determines whether you return or not. Positions that can return: WR, S, HB, CB. New camera angles for returns.
    • Reaction Time: React to the play by slowing down time and outperforming your opponent. Left Trigger activates, react to the action, release to return.
    • Time Meter for Reaction Time: As you use it, your meter will drain. You auto get 20% of meter back after every play. Gain time back by completing good and great plays. (HS: 5 seconds, College: Awareness - Total Time. Cap: 10 seconds. 3.1 seconds for every play in Practice Mode.)
    • Reaction Time Progression: Can use boosts to improve. Top Skill Upgrade item only one that will give Reaction Time boost.
    • Unique cameras for each position
    • Tuning Update: Playcall - More plays focused on you, more playbooks in HS, better all around playcalling (More passing plays for QBs, more running plays for RBs, more passing plays for WRs)
    • Tuning Update: Recruiting Points - Harder to get Offensive Recruiting Points, Easier to get Defensive Recruiting Points
    • New Practice Features: Scouting Report - Learn everything about your opponent before you play them. Can play on scout team preparing team for upcoming week's foe.
    • Practice Facility: Offensive Field (Scout Team D & 1st Team Offense) & Defensive Field (Scout O & 1st Team Defense)
    • 8 New High School Stadiums: Based on regions of US (11 total)
    • New Award System & Leaderboards: Goals (Position Specific Goals & New Point System), Records: School & NCAA Records
    • Leaderboards: All-American & Heisman, Varsity
    Comments 72 Comments
      Coachdenz -
      Quote Originally Posted by JBHuskers View Post
      Simply put, RTG is not going anywhere. It's the most played feature of the game.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2
      That's what I was worried about. Guess I have out grown the game.
      baseballplyrmvp -
      Quote Originally Posted by JBHuskers View Post
      Simply put, RTG is not going anywhere. It's the most played feature of the game.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2
      ??? moreso than dynasty (on and offline)?
      morsdraconis -
      Quote Originally Posted by Coachdenz View Post
      That's what I was worried about. Guess I have out grown the game.
      I know I definitely have, hence the reason why I won't be playing it anymore.
      ram29jackson -
      define most played...?

played most times or by the most people ?
      souljahbill -
      Quote Originally Posted by ram29jackson View Post
      define most played...?

played most times or by the most people ?
      I'm willing to bet most people play it while waiting for rosters.
      JeffHCross -
      Quote Originally Posted by souljahbill View Post
      I'm willing to bet most people play it while waiting for rosters.
      +Trophy Whores.

I can understand why our forum is aghast at that information, but I can believe it. In every other sports game I play, I always start with the "My Career" mode -- be it My Player, Be A Pro, or Road to the Show. Though, in my opinion, those games make the "My Career" mode more different from Franchise/Dynasty to make it worth my while.

I can easily imagine the average college football fan preferring to go for the Heisman and rack up unrealistic stats as a QB at his alma mater, versus setting up a dynasty and recruiting and all that extra stuff.

I would personally still think that Dynasty and OD, combined, are played more, but it wouldn't surprise me if RTG is truly #1.
      SmoothPancakes -
      EA better start getting to work on someone new for RTG. Erin Andrews has left the building. And ESPN. Rumors are she could be headed to Fox Sports. Not really going to work having Erin Andrews in the game anymore with all the ESPN presentation and her not even with the company anymore.
      souljahbill -
      Quote Originally Posted by SmoothPancakes View Post
      EA better start getting to work on someone new for RTG. Erin Andrews has left the building. And ESPN. Rumors are she could be headed to Fox Sports. Not really going to work having Erin Andrews in the game anymore with all the ESPN presentation and her not even with the company anymore.
      So all they need to remove the lines that she never said.

I swear, outside of the GameTrack that starts the 3rd qtr., I hardly EVER heard her.
      SmoothPancakes -
      Quote Originally Posted by souljahbill View Post
      So all they need to remove the lines that she never said.

I swear, outside of the GameTrack that starts the 3rd qtr., I hardly EVER heard her.
      Pretty much.

Gonna need to also find someone new to doing the opening intro hoopla for RTG, give those random on field comments, injury updates, etc. But yeah, you did rarely ever hear her in the game. I certainly almost never noticed anything being said by her in games.
      illwill10 -
      Quote Originally Posted by SmoothPancakes View Post
      Pretty much.

Gonna need to also find someone new to doing the opening intro hoopla for RTG, give those random on field comments, injury updates, etc. But yeah, you did rarely ever hear her in the game. I certainly almost never noticed anything being said by her in games.
      They stopped the intro to RTG a few years ago.
      But, outside of injuries, gametrack, and between quarters. I wouldnt even notice if she isnt in the game.
      SmoothPancakes -
      Quote Originally Posted by illwill10 View Post
      They stopped the intro to RTG a few years ago.
      But, outside of injuries, gametrack, and between quarters. I wouldnt even notice if she isnt in the game.
      Really? Shows how much I play RTG. (very little to not at all)

And yeah, you rarely notice her in it already as it is.
      JeffHCross -
      I nominate Samantha Steele. If they took half of what she reports on Saturdays, they'd not only have a sideline reporter, but a positive addition to the game that people wouldn't complain about. The girl does her homework, and it shows when she's on the broadcast.