• NCAA Football 13 - Road to Glory

Monday afternoon, EA SPORTS unveiled the changes and improvements coming to Road to Glory in NCAA Football 13 via a webcast and blogs.

Among the major improvements to the mode are improved playcalling (more touches for your player), Reaction Time, the ability to return kick-offs & punts, a new Award & Leaderboard system, and more. Continue on to learn more about all of the changes coming to RTG in NCAA 13.

Blogs:

Road to Glory Improvements:
    • Difficulty Levels - Each level effects Gameplay difficulty, Coach Trust Points and XP Points (Time until starter: Freshman - 5 weeks, Varsity - 8 weeks, AA - 13 weeks, Heisman - 18 weeks)
    • Kick Return (KR & PR) - Depth chart determines whether you return or not. Positions that can return: WR, S, HB, CB. New camera angles for returns.
    • Reaction Time: React to the play by slowing down time and outperforming your opponent. Left Trigger activates, react to the action, release to return.
    • Time Meter for Reaction Time: As you use it, your meter will drain. You auto get 20% of meter back after every play. Gain time back by completing good and great plays. (HS: 5 seconds, College: Awareness - Total Time. Cap: 10 seconds. 3.1 seconds for every play in Practice Mode.)
    • Reaction Time Progression: Can use boosts to improve. Top Skill Upgrade item only one that will give Reaction Time boost.
    • Unique cameras for each position
    • Tuning Update: Playcall - More plays focused on you, more playbooks in HS, better all around playcalling (More passing plays for QBs, more running plays for RBs, more passing plays for WRs)
    • Tuning Update: Recruiting Points - Harder to get Offensive Recruiting Points, Easier to get Defensive Recruiting Points
    • New Practice Features: Scouting Report - Learn everything about your opponent before you play them. Can play on scout team preparing team for upcoming week's foe.
    • Practice Facility: Offensive Field (Scout Team D & 1st Team Offense) & Defensive Field (Scout O & 1st Team Defense)
    • 8 New High School Stadiums: Based on regions of US (11 total)
    • New Award System & Leaderboards: Goals (Position Specific Goals & New Point System), Records: School & NCAA Records
    • Leaderboards: All-American & Heisman, Varsity
    Comments 72 Comments
      souljahbill -
      Heisman Challenge starring YOU!
      KIDZER0918 -
      Looks like rtg is going to get that gimmicky reaction time. I hope they got more than that
      jmastandrea -
      Quote Originally Posted by KIDZER0918 View Post
      Looks like rtg is going to get that gimmicky reaction time. I hope they got more than that
      They will. There is no way that they would save the Road to glory reveal for last and not have anything to show for it.

BTW first post!
      JBHuskers -
      Quote Originally Posted by jmastandrea View Post
      They will. There is no way that they would save the Road to glory reveal for last and not have anything to show for it.

BTW first post!
      Welcome to the site!
      CLW -
      Wished EA got rid of the Trophies for this mode. I'll whore out the RTG trophies with my Season Ticket and then say good bye to the mode.
      sub9er -
      what time?
      KIDZER0918 -
      Quote Originally Posted by CLW View Post
      Wished EA got rid of the Trophies for this mode. I'll whore out the RTG trophies with my Season Ticket and then say good bye to the mode.
      are they releasing it early with the season ticket again?
      KIDZER0918 -
      Quote Originally Posted by sub9er View Post
      what time?
      prob 2pm est like normal
      jmastandrea -
      Is anyone planning on posting articles/videos they find at release time?
      OSUCowboyofMD -
      Webcast link?
      gschwendt -
      Quote Originally Posted by OSUCowboyofMD View Post
      Webcast link?
      You can watch here... though looks like they're just now getting started.
      http://www.livestream.com/easports
      cdj -
      Quote Originally Posted by jmastandrea View Post
      Is anyone planning on posting articles/videos they find at release time?
      We will in this link and also in article on site front page. BTW, welcome to the site!

Quote Originally Posted by OSUCowboyofMD View Post
      Webcast link?
      http://www.easports.com/ncaa-footbal...o/ncaa-webcast As of 1:05 CT, it has yet to start.
      beartide06 -
      "...new feature in Road to Glory that allows players to see and feel the game differently during key moments, increasing on-field awareness and creating amazing opportunities."

I believe this is talking about the new reaction time feature that is in Heisman challenge.
      Noles94 -
      Love the new practice changes. Does anyone know if we will have the ability to scout opposing teams and play first team against scout team in dynasty as well? Or is the updated practice mode just for RTG? I hope not.
      gschwendt -
      Quote Originally Posted by Noles94 View Post
      Love the new practice changes. Does anyone know if we will have the ability to scout opposing teams and play first team against scout team in dynasty as well? Or is the updated practice mode just for RTG? I hope not.
      That's just for RTG to my knowledge.
      Noles94 -
      Quote Originally Posted by gschwendt View Post
      That's just for RTG to my knowledge.
      Sad face. Minus the xp points, that would have added even more immersion into dynasty.
      souljahbill -
      RTG looks A LOT more fun to play then Heisman Challenge. Being able to go into God Mode with Über-Athletes is more turn off then turn on for me. Definitely going to play on All-American, even if it means getting my starting position later than sooner.
      OSUCowboyofMD -
      I like the new high school stadiums. Can we please go back to taking classes like you did on older gen versions of NCAA? I thought that added a bit of realism somewhat lol
      jmastandrea -
      Not many improvements made in my opinion. Practice feilds are cool, but that is not something that gets me excited to play. Reaction Time is a steaming pile. This does nothing to immerse me into the games.

The only positive is the addition of special teams. Most of the game looks the same. Disspointing.

I will be buying Madden 13 for the career mode. Looks a lot better. Plus I can play however many minute quarters I want!
      Avross -
      Complete waste of a development cycle. Sucks Ill have to wait on madden. Live nba 13 garbage. NCAA football 13 garbage.