• NCAA Football 13 - Road to Glory

Monday afternoon, EA SPORTS unveiled the changes and improvements coming to Road to Glory in NCAA Football 13 via a webcast and blogs.

Among the major improvements to the mode are improved playcalling (more touches for your player), Reaction Time, the ability to return kick-offs & punts, a new Award & Leaderboard system, and more. Continue on to learn more about all of the changes coming to RTG in NCAA 13.

Blogs:

Road to Glory Improvements:
    • Difficulty Levels - Each level effects Gameplay difficulty, Coach Trust Points and XP Points (Time until starter: Freshman - 5 weeks, Varsity - 8 weeks, AA - 13 weeks, Heisman - 18 weeks)
    • Kick Return (KR & PR) - Depth chart determines whether you return or not. Positions that can return: WR, S, HB, CB. New camera angles for returns.
    • Reaction Time: React to the play by slowing down time and outperforming your opponent. Left Trigger activates, react to the action, release to return.
    • Time Meter for Reaction Time: As you use it, your meter will drain. You auto get 20% of meter back after every play. Gain time back by completing good and great plays. (HS: 5 seconds, College: Awareness - Total Time. Cap: 10 seconds. 3.1 seconds for every play in Practice Mode.)
    • Reaction Time Progression: Can use boosts to improve. Top Skill Upgrade item only one that will give Reaction Time boost.
    • Unique cameras for each position
    • Tuning Update: Playcall - More plays focused on you, more playbooks in HS, better all around playcalling (More passing plays for QBs, more running plays for RBs, more passing plays for WRs)
    • Tuning Update: Recruiting Points - Harder to get Offensive Recruiting Points, Easier to get Defensive Recruiting Points
    • New Practice Features: Scouting Report - Learn everything about your opponent before you play them. Can play on scout team preparing team for upcoming week's foe.
    • Practice Facility: Offensive Field (Scout Team D & 1st Team Offense) & Defensive Field (Scout O & 1st Team Defense)
    • 8 New High School Stadiums: Based on regions of US (11 total)
    • New Award System & Leaderboards: Goals (Position Specific Goals & New Point System), Records: School & NCAA Records
    • Leaderboards: All-American & Heisman, Varsity
    Comments 72 Comments
      beartide06 -
      Quote Originally Posted by Avross View Post
      Complete waste of a development cycle. Sucks Ill have to wait on madden. Live nba 13 garbage. NCAA football 13 garbage.
      I really do not think NCAA is going to be "garbage." It's a vast improvement from the past and Madden is still going to play A LOT like NCAA. They took out a few things from Madden that are still in NCAA (Editing players or equipment, custom playbooks in franchise, etc.). NBA live has not even been touched on all that much yet. We don't even know everything about that game.
      Big Blue -
      None of the links are working so I'm assuming its over. Is this going to be archived?
      cdj -
      Quote Originally Posted by Big Blue View Post
      None of the links are working so I'm assuming its over. Is this going to be archived?
      It should be. We'll update this thread and the article once they do.

Here is the RTG Trailer:
      SmoothPancakes -
      Quote Originally Posted by beartide06 View Post
      I really do not think NCAA is going to be "garbage." It's a vast improvement from the past and Madden is still going to play A LOT like NCAA. They took out a few things from Madden that are still in NCAA (Editing players or equipment, custom playbooks in franchise, etc.). NBA live has not even been touched on all that much yet. We don't even know everything about that game.
      He's just upset there aren't multiple sock options in the game.
      morsdraconis -
      Quote Originally Posted by SmoothPancakes View Post
      I hate this time of the year SO much.
      CLW -
      Wait no multiple socks in the game and I cannot have PURPLE dreads? OMG worst game EVA!!!

O.k. on a serious note, I'm just NEVER going to be in this (or any version of a single player mode) its just not my thing. Unfortunately, EA puts trophies on this mode (in fact nearly 1/2 of them based on my rough recollection of the list) are either RTG or Heisman Mode this year so I'm sure EA will claim GREAT success with these modes. I always wonder how many people that EA shows with its stats that play this mode are just trophy/achievement whoring like myself?
      ram29jackson -
      to make these types of modes interesting...something needs to happen at the end to make it amusing or seem worth while..something based on how well you did over all..even if you played it less cheesy and more realistic...some kind of ending point for that too.

I have no idea what,if anything happens at the end of Road to the show..but at least thats a cool single player mode...and the hockey and b-ball ones are still a notch above road to glory
      ram29jackson -
      Quote Originally Posted by morsdraconis View Post
      I hate this time of the year SO much.

as opposed to when ?
      morsdraconis -
      Quote Originally Posted by ram29jackson View Post
      as opposed to when ?
      When this place is back to normal and you don't have idiots complaining about stupid shit that has no reason to be in the game to begin with, but they think should be top priority.
      Big Blue -
      Just a little disappointed that the big feature they were leading up to was reaction time from Heisman Challenge. Slightly misleading marketing.
      SCClassof93 -
      Quote Originally Posted by Avross View Post
      Complete waste of a development cycle. Sucks Ill have to wait on madden. Live nba 13 garbage. NCAA football 13 garbage.

So, um, J.b. if you ever decide to auction a mod position or a swinging of the ban hammer please let me know.
      Deuce -
      I'd like to see some screenshots of the new stadiums. Hopefully EA will put those out.
      SCClassof93 -
      Quote Originally Posted by cdj View Post
      It should be. We'll update this thread and the article once they do.

Here is the RTG Trailer:
      Legend goals if tied to trophies could be fun. Make sure they are not as challenging as a Hannah Montana trophy though.
      SmoothPancakes -
      Quote Originally Posted by SCClassof93 View Post
      So, um, J.b. if you ever decide to auction a mod position or a swinging of the ban hammer please let me know.
      THIS! You guys could raise a FORTUNE for the site with an auction like that!

People buy stupid shit on eBay for thousands of dollars every day. Just think of what money you guys could get for the site with an auction for a mod position or a swing of the ban hammer.
      SCClassof93 -

People buy stupid shit on eBay for thousands of dollars every day. Just think of what money you guys could get for the site with an auction for a mod position or a swing of the ban hammer.
      I jusst want 1 smooth! I would pay for it and if 3 donators would veto I would sit down and shut up. Upon reflection there are 2 and ONLY 2 I would swing Thor's ban hammer on.
      JBHuskers -

The zoo this place would turn into

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2
      illwill10 -
      I like some of the changes in RTG. But, nothing that made me want to play it deep. Only 5 min quarters and no incentive to play it to end of career.

I wonder how the end of the wonder will play since you cant import into CC. If any thing I will play on a bad team and recreate that player and make him undrafted.
      I am just going to play this mode until named rosters are out.

I will create a Power RB and have him go to Utah State and then have him going undrafted to the Bengals.
      I will have a Balanced QB and have him go to Vandy and have him go to Chiefs in the late round.

I am going to bad schools not to pad stats, but to make it seem realistic me being a low rd/undrafted player in CCM
      SCClassof93 -
      Quote Originally Posted by JBHuskers View Post
      The zoo this place would turn into

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

Should I be offended or glad that you see things my way
      ram29jackson -
      is there anything about being a triple threat athlete in this mode? trying to be the next Jim Thorpe would be more interesting than a single position
      jaymo76 -
      Pass. I played this mode last year for the first time in a long time. Really I just don't get any enjoyment out of it. Nothing I see here convinces me to come back to this mode. Have fun though for those of you who enjoy it.