• The Gaming Tailgate Podcast Ep. 20 - NCAA Football 13 Demo & E3 2012

In this edition of The Gaming Tailgate podcast, cdj, gschwendt, and JBHuskers discuss the recently released NCAA Football 13 demo and also recap E3 2012.

The Gaming Tailgate Podcast is also available on iTunes. Copy the following address into iTunes or any other RSS client that supports enclosures:
    http://www.thegamingtailgate.com/for...hp?forumids=39

To submit show feedback, ask a question, or suggest a topic for a future show, e-mail the guys at podcast@thegamingtailgate.com or post your thoughts below.

Listen to the show here or right click and save as:
    Comments 23 Comments
      cdj -
      You can view the page at http://www.thegamingtailgate.com/for...3-Demo-E3-2012
      SCClassof93 -
      Thanks guys! Makes "work" more enjoyable
      Deuce -
      Good stuff guys.

...the Nelson Muntz imitation was weak.
      Big Blue -
      Good listen.
      Little Steve -
      They seem out of it... like no one cares about the game. And they don't talk about whats going on, they over analysis ever thing. Run ball gain 1 yard, they say (just a random example) "This is one of the best DF in the country this team is going to have a hard time running the ball and ect"...............Run for a 90 yard TD........"they are still talking about the great DF" 5 min later, O ya they score a TD.....
      souljahbill -
      Quote Originally Posted by Little Steve View Post
      They seem out of it... like no one cares about the game. And they don't talk about whats going on, they over analysis ever thing. Run ball gain 1 yard, they say (just a random example) "This is one of the best DF in the country this team is going to have a hard time running the ball and ect"...............Run for a 90 yard TD........"they are still talking about the great DF" 5 min later, O ya they score a TD.....
      Wha?
      Little Steve -
      Quote Originally Posted by souljahbill View Post
      Wha?
      Kirk and whats his face. The people who talk in the game.
      Jayrah -
      Steve... What are you saying? You don't even know who the other announcer is!?!?!? Nessler has been in the game for so many years now. And NORMALLY the analysis would fit but we pick plays so fast that we're to the next play in a blur. The analyzing (not analysising as you so eloquently put it) is good. There even needs to be MORE!
      Little Steve -
      Quote Originally Posted by Jayrah View Post
      Steve... What are you saying? You don't even know who the other announcer is!?!?!? Nessler has been in the game for so many years now. !
      Its more of a.............spelling problem............... then knowing the names
      beartide06 -
      Great podcast as usual, guys. Like the ending theme music

I have a question for you guys. Do you guys feel that, in a few years, we could see the sporting genre fail to succeed and ultimately meet it's demise? Fifa seems to be one of the few series that may stick around for a very long time since it is a worldwide sports game. I ask this question because I am curious to hear the thoughts of everyone, and y'all pointed out how at E3, most people in that crowd seemed to not be interested in the sports games really. It seems that our society is being driven towards playing games that pull us in via the stories or causing us to feel an emotional attachment to the characters within the game. Obviously, people still play games for the fun and excitement, but it just seems more favored in the area of having that sense meaning to a character or story.

Maybe I should make this question it's own thread? I felt it was somewhat relevant given the mentioning of people at E3 being less interested in sports than other games.
      JBHuskers -
      I think it's more the fact that there really isn't a wow factor with sports titles at a stage like E3. There are plenty of sports titles that sell well. The E3 crowd just isn't the right crowd for them.
      beartide06 -
      Well, do you think that in time the E3 crowd could take over primarily, and make most of the sports games obsolete?

I know Madden and Fifa are two of the greatest selling gaming series of all time, but besides those two, do you think most, if not all, other sports games could disappear due to lack of popularity?
      gschwendt -
      Quote Originally Posted by beartide06 View Post
      Well, do you think that in time the E3 crowd could take over primarily, and make most of the sports games obsolete?

I know Madden and Fifa are two of the greatest selling gaming series of all time, but besides those two, do you think most, if not all, other sports games could disappear due to lack of popularity?
      I think if sports games ever disappeared, it'd be due to lack of innovation and/or nothing new to add.

When I think of MLB: The Show, I really couldn't tell you much of what has changed in the last few years. It's a great game but between being bored of it easily and the fact that 09 has most of what 12 has, why buy it?

Obviously that's just my personal take but I can see sports games getting to the point and saying, so what CAN we add next.
      souljahbill -
      As long as humans are reproducing, there will always be a market for sports and their games. Old fans die and new fans are born.
      SCClassof93 -
      Quote Originally Posted by Little Steve View Post
      Its more of a.............spelling problem............... then knowing the names

C H E C K S P E L L I N G is available
      SCClassof93 -
      Quote Originally Posted by gschwendt View Post
      I think if sports games ever disappeared, it'd be due to lack of innovation and/or nothing new to add.

When I think of MLB: The Show, I really couldn't tell you much of what has changed in the last few years. It's a great game but between being bored of it easily and the fact that 09 has most of what 12 has, why buy it?

Obviously that's just my personal take but I can see sports games getting to the point and saying, so what CAN we add next.
      I agree. Seems to me better A.I. that provides more realism instead of cheesy difficulty is the only place to go.
      cdj -
      I think the only thing that could kill off the sports gaming market would be unsustainable licensing costs.
      SmoothPancakes -
      Quote Originally Posted by cdj View Post
      I think the only thing that could kill off the sports gaming market would be unsustainable licensing costs.
      Which with the way things are going with the professional and college leagues wanting more and more money, could become true down the road.
      Little Steve -
      Quote Originally Posted by SCClassof93 View Post
      C H E C K S P E L L I N G is available
      For some reason im guessing 1 of your 2 "swings" of the ban hammer is goona be on me....
      ram29jackson -
      Quote Originally Posted by gschwendt View Post

sports has a defined criteria that all sports fans understand. There isnt anything that needs to be added each and every time. It just needs to be close to what actually happens in said sport.

and maybe some fluff for championships, and AI that competes but doesnt win automatcally
  • Contact the Show!

Have a topic you want discussed on the show? Want to share your thoughts on the latest podcast? Drop us a line!
    podcast AT thegamingtailgate DOT com
  • Looking for EA SPORTS College Football 25 info?

• Looking for NCAA 14 info?

• The Gaming Tailgate Video Podcast