• NCAA Football 13 - Achievement List

Courtesy xbox360achievements.com, the full achievement list for NCAA Football 13 has been revealed with the game featuring 36 achievements worth 1000 points. Many achievements will be familiar to gamers as a significant number were found in NCAA Football 12 and/or previous versions of the game. (The list of trophies for the PlayStation 3 version of the game will very likely be the exact same.)

Contiinue on to see the full list of achievements and then share your thoughts with the community.

• Go Ahead, Ask me Anything (15 points) - Earn a minimum of 75 recruiting points on a Prospect Choice topic.
    • No Regrets (20 points) - Convince a player to stay for their senior year using only one promise to get their degree.
    • Don't Run Home to Mamma (20 points) - In Dynasty, convince a homesick player to stay at your school instead of transferring.
    • Welcome to the Club (40 points) - Win the National Championship in year 1 of Dynasty with either UMASS, UTSA, or Texas State.
    • Read and React (20 points) - Intercept a pass while using Reaction Time.
    • I am Carson Palmer (30 points) - Win the Heisman with Carson Palmer.
    • I am Charlie Ward (30 points) - Win the Heisman with Charlie Ward.
    • I am Herschel Walker (30 points) - Win the Heisman with Herschel Walker.
    • I am Doug Flutie (30 points) - Win the Heisman with Doug Flutie.
    • I am Andre Ware (30 points) - Win the Heisman with Andre Ware.
    • I am RG III (30 points) - Win the Heisman with Robert Griffin III.
    • I am Desmond Howard (30 points) - Win the Heisman with Desmond Howard.
    • I am Marcus Allen (30 points) - Win the Heisman with Marcus Allen.
    • I am Eddie George (30 points) - Win the Heisman with Eddie George.
    • I am Barry Sanders (30 points) - Win the Heisman with Barry Sanders.
    • Look at the Game Tape! (20 points) - Unlock 5 attributes on a single scouting session.
    • Pick Up 20 (20 points) - Break off a 20 yard run (excludes Co-Op).
    • Highlight of the Year (10 points) - Upload a photo or video to EASports.com.
    • Tire Fire Offense (30 points) - Win a game without scoring an offensive touchdown and gaining less than 200 yards (excludes Co-Op).
    • My Two Cents (10 points) - In Online Dynasty, write a comment on a Dynasty Wire story.
    • Living Legend (50 points) - Reach a coach prestige of A+ with a created coach in Dynasty (Coach Contracts on).
    • Dual Threat Coach (160 points) - Win the BCS Championship & have the #1 recruiting class in a single season as head coach in Dynasty.
    • Dream Job (35 points) - Become the head coach of your alma mater in Dynasty (Coach Contracts on).
    • Let's Do It Again (20 points) - As a head coach in Dynasty, sign an extension to stay at the same school (Coach Contracts on).
    • Hometown Hero (50 points) - Lead your alma mater to a National Championship as a head coach in Dynasty (Coach Contracts on).
    • Earn My Trust (25 points) - Reach the max coach trust in Road to Glory Mode.
    • Take What's Mine (20 points) - Win a position battle in Road To Glory Mode.
    • And the Winner Is… (15 points) - Win the Heisman Memorial Trophy® in single team Dynasty, Road to Glory, or Heisman Challenge Mode.
    • Put Your Helmet On (15 points) - Become a starter in Road to Glory Mode.
    • Future Star (15 points) - Become a 5-star prospect in Road to Glory Mode.
    • High School Champ (15 points) - Play and win the High School Championship Game in any state.
    • Best Class Ever (15 points) - Have the #1 ranked recruiting class in a season in single team Dynasty Mode.
    • Unstoppable (15 points) - Win a game by 35+ points on Heisman difficulty (excludes Co-Op).
    • Keep 'em Honest (15 points) - Gain 200 rushing yards and 200 passing yards in the same game (excludes Co-Op and Road to Glory).
    • Up the Gut for the Score (10 points) - Score a touchdown handing off to the fullback on a triple option play (excludes Co-Op).
    • Go for Broke (20 points) - Complete a pass for 50 or more yards (excludes Co-Op).
    Comments 90 Comments
      JeffHCross -
      Search for "Player Lock".
      Not found.
      ram29jackson -
      lame list- especially with the Heisman junk LOL.
      Noles94 -
      These are fairly easy. This one stands out: "Hometown Hero (50 points) - Lead your alma mater to a National Championship as a head coach in Dynasty (Coach Contracts on)." I'd love to, but if it is like last year, my Alma Mater probably won't hire me. I guess some on-campus misdeeds can never be forgiven. hahaha I am looking forward to doing the Tire Fire one though. I usually set up little non-trophy/achievement challenges like that for myself.
      souljahbill -
      Ugh! I unlocked the Tire Fire trophy by accident in '12. My offense was HORRIBLE the game (playing as a DC in Dynasty). If I never unlock that, I'll be happy.

I'm not going to unlock any of those Heisman trophies either.
      CLW -
      Looks like a fairly reasonable Plat. I'll use my Season Ticket to hopefully get most/all of the Road to Glory/Heisman stuff and then probably focus on my Coaching Career for the rest.
      Dr Death -
      Instead of some of these "achievements" why did they take out the ones that matter??? I remember back in the day when you were recognized for completing 15 passes in a row and then it went up from there... been so long I can't remember exactly, but last year I finished one game hitting 22 straight and then started the next game 13 of 13... that's 35 straight completions - on Heisman no less - and not one mention of it. I'm pretty certain that would be an NCAA record too, and I didn't even get a lollipop from Lee Corso...
      baseballplyrmvp -
      Quote Originally Posted by Dr Death View Post
      Instead of some of these "achievements" why did they take out the ones that matter??? I remember back in the day when you were recognized for completing 15 passes in a row and then it went up from there... been so long I can't remember exactly, but last year I finished one game hitting 22 straight and then started the next game 13 of 13... that's 35 straight completions - on Heisman no less - and not one mention of it. I'm pretty certain that would be an NCAA record too, and I didn't even get a lollipop from Lee Corso...
      i agree. there need to be more performance based acheivements. a lot of the ones listed above are way too easy to get.
      JSmith03 -
      Eh, basically all the same. I'll probably knock most of these out while I wait for edited rosters .
      SmoothPancakes -
      Quote Originally Posted by baseballplyrmvp View Post
      i agree. there need to be more performance based acheivements. a lot of the ones listed above are way too easy to get.
      Go look at achievements for every game in the last 3 years. Achievements these days are rarely hard. They're now another marketing tool to get people to buy the game ("hey kid! you could get a quick and easy 1000 gamerscore/platinum trophy if you buy this game!").
      JeffHCross -
      Quote Originally Posted by Noles94 View Post
      These are fairly easy.
      Winning a national championship with Texas State/UTSA/UMass will be the only challenge that isn't based on randomness or luck (like intercepting a pass while using Reaction Time).

Sigh, I hadn't noticed that one the first time. Hopefully they've fixed it where the CPU will actually throw towards an RTG defender ...

Yeah, it seems to be a cross between "Play the new feature!" and "Here's something you should get normally". Very few are actual on-field performance.
      baseballplyrmvp -
      ya, but the case can also be made that by making achievements harder to get, the game developers will get more replay value out of it by their customers.

what's gonna get more replay value? an achievement like "break off a 20 yard run" or "throw at least 4 touchdown passes in less than 10 pass attempts".

there are so many little achievements they could grant like that, that i think it'd bring a lot more to the game for the achievement whores.
      SmoothPancakes -
      ya, but the case can also be made that by making achievements harder to get, the game developers will get more replay value out of it by their customers.

what's gonna get more replay value? an achievement like "break off a 20 yard run" or "throw at least 4 touchdown passes in less than 10 pass attempts".

there are so many little achievements they could grant like that, that i think it'd bring a lot more to the game for the achievement whores.
      They couldn't care less about replay value (ok, this is probably a lie), they've already got your money.
      I OU a Beatn -
      They're all easy but all those Heisman ones seem time consuming. Ew.
      beartide06 -
      I wish the "achievements" were actually, ya know.... achievements.
      JeffHCross -
      The problem for sports games, achievement wise, is there's no story to progress through. If you look at games like inFamous, Heavy Rain, Ratchet & Clank, Mass Effect, etc, the trophies boil down to, effectively, four things: Beat the game on X difficulty, Get X collectibles, Get to X in the story, Get X ending.

I am of the personal opinion that no trophy should be something that you can't get in normal gameplay. Now, I don't mean normal difficulty, but I mean that I shouldn't have to go out of my way to setup a scenario just to get something to happen. The old "Player Lock" trophy was a perfect example of what I hate ... you had to setup a situation where the CPU would throw an interception to the player you happened to be controlling. That is a very rare circumstance that relies almost essentially on luck. I can't think of any trophy (except one in Heavy Rain) in the other games I mentioned above that I have to setup in order to get.

The other problem that sports games have is the annual cycle. Mass Effect 3 appears to share a lot of trophies with Mass Effect 2. That bothers me, but only because I just completed Mass Effect 2 a few months ago. I'd like to see them be more unique. NCAA's trophies are going to struggle to be unique unless they are dependent on the new feature set (like the Heisman Challenge trophies this year). And then they lack originality because you have 10 trophies that are the same, effectively. (Interesting to note that none of the Heisman Challenge trophies rely on the Demo unlocks or Gamestop pre-order. That was smart.)

If you look at the trophies for NHL 12, FIFA 12, and NCAA 12/13, all are heavily dependent on features. That sucks, if you're not a fan of that feature. I personally love Be A Pro, so I enjoy the NHL trophies being heavy on Be A Pro. I'd expect this year they'll be very heavy on GM Connected. But Madden 12, IMO, has the best set of any EA sports game (NBA 2k12's is pretty nice too). Madden is awesome because you're trying to beat performances by real NFL players. That gives replayability while not forcing you to play a specific mode or type of game.
      JeffHCross -
      Quote Originally Posted by SmoothPancakes View Post
      They're now another marketing tool to get people to buy the game ("hey kid! you could get a quick and easy 1000 gamerscore/platinum trophy if you buy this game!").
      And an effective one at that. Look at how many people played NCIS, Hannah Montana, and that one Terminator game
      SmoothPancakes -
      Quote Originally Posted by JeffHCross View Post
      And an effective one at that. Look at how many people played NCIS, Hannah Montana, and that one Terminator game
      Exactly! What grown man would play (or even buy) the Hannah Montana game if it didn't have incredibly easy achievements for a quick 1000G/platinum?
      steelerfan -
      Quote Originally Posted by SmoothPancakes View Post
      Exactly! What grown man would play (or even buy) the Hannah Montana game if it didn't have incredibly easy achievements for a quick 1000G/platinum?
      My question is, what grown man would play that shit even if they got a fake/virtual trophy/award? How is your life that empty?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using Tapatalk 2
      SmoothPancakes -
      Quote Originally Posted by steelerfan View Post
      My question is, what grown man would play that shit even if they got a fake/virtual trophy/award? How is your life that empty?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using Tapatalk 2
      Well played sir.
      I OU a Beatn -
      I don't buy or play games for trophies/achievements(except for Terminator Salvation, but that was 4 years ago and I actually had interest in the game at that time...I don't know why), but rest assured, I will go for them if I enjoy the game. If not, fuck 'em.

I don't think that if someone is that way it means they don't have a life, though. I rarely ever specifically go achievement whoring, and even without doing so, I've racked up a pretty high trophy/achievement count, so I'd imagine those who specifically look for it can plow through them pretty damn quick. That dude who has over 700,000GS, though, God help him.