• NCAA Football 13 Demo Available Now on XBL & PS3

The NCAA Football 13 demo is now available on both XBL (queue download from web here) and PSN.

The demo features one Heisman Challenge match-up (of co-cover athlete Robert Griffin III) and several match-ups from Week 10: USC-Oregon, LSU-Alabama, Kansas State vs. Baylor. All match-ups consist of four three-minute quarters with Studio Updates, however the Heisman Challenge game features four five-minute quarters with defense supersimmed.

Sharing the demo with a friend will unlock five Nike Pro-Combat uniforms for use in the retail version of the game: LSU, Navy, Stanford, Boise State, Ohio State. Playing through each Dynasty Experience match-up will unlock WR Tim Brown, RB Archie Griffin, and QB Jim Plunkett for use in Heisman Challenge in retail version.

After downloading and playing the demo, share your impressions and feedback here with the community. Continue on to see a video detailing what you can expect in the demo.

Articles from EA
    Get the Demo
    Spoiler: show
    Hey Everyone, Ben Haumiller here and with July 10th
    fast approaching it’s time to talk about this year’s demo. First off, I’m happy to announced that the demo is now available for download, so rather than just hear about the buzz coming out of E3, you will get a chance to get your hands on the game and check out all of the great gameplay improvements for yourself.We are very excited about this year’s demo for two reasons; first, we are giving you a deeper look at what’s new than ever before, and second, we have never provided more rewards for checking out the demo.Before we get into the details, let’s take do a quick overview of the menu and we will dive into the features from there. You will see that we are providing a preview of the new Heisman Challenge, a Dynasty Mode experience, and the ability to share the demo with a friend.

Heisman Challenge presented by NissanFirst let’s start with the Heisman Challenge. For the first time ever you will have the chance to experience what it’s like to be a Heisman Trophy winner. There are 16 former Heisman recipients involved in the Heisman Challenge in the full retail version of the game, but for the demo we are giving you a chance to play as 2011 Heisman Trophy winner Robert Griffin III. You will be able to put RG3 on one of the six teams included in the demo, and experience for yourself the new Total Control passing system. You can also check out the all new Reaction Time feature which gives you the ability to “slow the game down” and take the time to make the split-second decisions that came so natural to these Heisman greats.
    Dynasty ExperienceWith the addition of ESPN Studio Updates and the Bottom Line ticker to Dynasty Mode, we wanted to give you a feel for how the stories of the day will be revealed to you depending on when your game is being played. To do this, we are going to drop you into a Dynasty that has been simmed to week 10 of the upcoming college football season. We chose week 10 for two very important reasons, Oregon @ USC and Alabama @ LSU. Since both of those games are played in week 10 it was the natural choice for our Dynasty experience week. With RG3 being playable in the Heisman Challenge it also felt right for us to select Baylor as one of the teams in our other matchup, and we opted for Kansas State as Baylor’s opponent.When you select the Dynasty Experience from the menu you will be brought to the schedule screen where you will have the ability to select any of these three matchups. Each one is at a different time of day so that you will get to experience the “stories of Saturday” from three different perspectives.
    Once you select your game it’s time to head in and check out all of those new gameplay improvements like Total Control Passing, Read and React Defensive AI, and more. Not only that, you can also follow all of the action around the country through the Bottom Line and Studio Updates with Rece Davis.

Heisman Challenge UnlockAs a reward for checking out the demo, we are going to give you three Heisman Challenge athletes for use in the full retail version ofNCAA Football 13. By completing each of the three demo matchups (either through the Heisman Challenge or the Dynasty experience) you will unlock classic Heisman winners Jim Plunkett, Tim Brown, and Archie Griffin.

Share the DemoIn addition to the Heisman Challenge unlocks, we are also giving you 5 Nike Pro Combat uniforms just for telling a friend to check out the NCAA Football 13 demo. All you need to do is share the demo once and you will unlock the Nike Pro Combat uniforms for Navy, Stanford, Ohio State, LSU, and Boise State:

Now that you’ve got the details, go download that demo and start enjoying your first hands-on peek at NCAA Football 13. Be sure to preorder the game, and get ready for the full experience on July 10th.

How to Download the Demo
    Spoiler: show
    With the NCAA Football 13 demo available to download now, it’s time to get your hands on this year’s game, check out all of the new gameplay improvements, and unlock your 5 Nike Pro Combat Uniforms as well as your three Heisman Challenge Athletes. If you’ve never downloaded a demo before, here’s what you need to do:
    Xbox Live Demo Download Steps
    1. From Xbox Home go to the Games section
    2. Select Games Marketplace
    3. Go to the Demos section and select New Releases
    4. Select the NCAA Football 13 Demo
    5. Select Free Download
    6. Select Confirm Download
    Visit the Xbox 360 Marketplace

PlayStation® Store Demo Download Steps
    1. On the Cross Menu Bar (XMB) of the PlayStation go to PlayStation Store icon under the account menu option (the second column from the right).
    2. Once you select this it will load you into the PlayStation Store.
    3. In the Store Menu go to PlayStation Demos option to get a list of demos.
    4. Here you should see a list of demos that are currently available to download.
    Note: This could be broken into sub sections like Action/Adventure, Sports, Racing, etc. You want to pick “Sports” or “New”.
    5. Here is where you can find the NCAA® Football 13 Demo and can select it.
    6. In this screen select the demo and choose to download the file which will be free and install it.
    7. Once the install is done to access it you need to go back to the XMB.
    8. On the XMB go to the Game column (fourth from the right) and you will an NCAA® Football 20th Anniversary logo that is the new demo.
    The NCAA Football 13 demo will be available on PlayStation® Store June 6 at 7PM EDT/4PM PDT

Comments 659 Comments
      JSmith03 -
      Guys are gonna have to get used to putting touch on the ball. Tried to throw a bullet on a screen and ended up overthrowing the RB. Also, tried to throw a bullet to the same RB on an angle route (?) and I ended up leading him too far, causing him to stretch out for the ball but drop it.
      SmoothPancakes -
      Quote Originally Posted by psusnoop View Post
      I can't wait to get my hands on this Demo tonight (I hope), all these catch animations are really fun to watch.
      If only you had a 360.
      psusnoop -
      One small thing when they looked to the sidelines after that hold on third down, I'd prefer not to see Jersey Numbers 01 and 02 there.
      Deuce -
      Quote Originally Posted by SmoothPancakes View Post
      If only you had a 360.
      Hate you!
      baseballplyrmvp -
      it wasnt a huge thing, but last night, when playing against oregon, yes they did go no-huddle on me, but it didnt look or feel right seeing the players do a little mini celebration after every play. when an oregon player goes down, he gets back up and immediately heads to the LOS. it didnt look quite right with all the little cut scenes in there, especially for a team that tries to play as fast as possible. again, its not a huge thing at all.
      psusnoop -
      Quote Originally Posted by JSmith03 View Post
      Guys are gonna have to get used to putting touch on the ball. Tried to throw a bullet on a screen and ended up overthrowing the RB. Also, tried to throw a bullet to the same RB on an angle route (?) and I ended up leading him too far, causing him to stretch out for the ball but drop it.
      This is a good thing, I really hope it's not as easy as I fear and just reading that makes me feel a little better. Like I said I can't wait to really give this thing a go tonight

If only you had a 360.
      No you don't, don't even go there Smooth. You need a PS3 and that's final!
      psusnoop -
      Quote Originally Posted by baseballplyrmvp View Post
      it wasnt a huge thing, but last night, when playing against oregon, yes they did go no-huddle on me, but it didnt look or feel right seeing the players do a little mini celebration after every play. when an oregon player goes down, he gets back up and immediately heads to the LOS. it didnt look quite right with all the little cut scenes in there, especially for a team that tries to play as fast as possible. again, its not a huge thing at all.
      Teams that run the no huddle and such most times do not do that little mini celebration so I agree with you MVP I'd rather not see those with that kind of offense being run. Just throws the feel off on those games or styles better put.
      SCClassof93 -
      This is a good thing, I really hope it's not as easy as I fear and just reading that makes me feel a little better. Like I said I can't wait to really give this thing a go tonight

No you don't, don't even go there Smooth. You need a PS3 and that's final!
      So like me you are ready to trade being a day late on a demo for the ability to play blu-ray movies?
      JSmith03 -
      Man, Baylor's RB is a BEAST. Running out o the shotgun is gonna be great this year, especially if you have a capable RB/OL. Also, just saw a pulling guard going upfield notice the CB coming at me from the side, and instead of ignoring him and continuing upfield, he comes back a little and blocks him. That was the difference between a 2 yard gain and having one man to beat for a (57 yard) TD. I don't think the OLineman did that too much last year.
      Little Steve -
      I can't wait to get my hands on this Demo tonight (I hope), all these catch animations are really fun to watch.
      I saw some cool ones, but the CB swat ones are so much cooler.
      cts -
      After playing just a couple of games last night, I'm officially over the hurt feelings of having no RTP in this year. I think that they added just enough changes to the animations and movement to make the game feel fresh. Throwing on the move feels awesome, and like everyone else said, the new catching animations really add something.

I don't know if any of you guys know if they did or not, but the icing on the cake for me would be if they added a handful of new equipment items ... specifically a couple of the missing face masks.

I'm excited about 13 after playing the demo, and I still haven't even got to play around with the new dynasty features yet!
      Kwizzy -
      Quote Originally Posted by cts View Post
      After playing just a couple of games last night, I'm officially over the hurt feelings of having no RTP in this year. I think that they added just enough changes to the animations and movement to make the game feel fresh. Throwing on the move feels awesome, and like everyone else said, the new catching animations really add something.

I don't know if any of you guys know if they did or not, but the icing on the cake for me would be if they added a handful of new equipment items ... specifically a couple of the missing face masks.

I'm excited about 13 after playing the demo, and I still haven't even got to play around with the new dynasty features yet!
      If I remember correctly, they didn't sprend too much time on equipment this year. The art team had their hands full with new stadiums, stadium upgrades, etc...
      cts -
      Quote Originally Posted by Kwizzy View Post
      If I remember correctly, they didn't sprend too much time on equipment this year. The art team had their hands full with new stadiums, stadium upgrades, etc...
      That's understandable. I don't think there is too much missing from the equipment side, but it'd be nice to have at least the one major face mask that is missing.

Not much of a deal, though.
      SmoothPancakes -
      Quote Originally Posted by SCClassof93 View Post
      So like me you are ready to trade being a day late on a demo for the ability to play blu-ray movies?
      That's what a blu-ray player is for.
      AustinWolv -
      Demo downloaded a bit slow for me last night, so it was midnight or so before I got to play. Not sure quite what to think given that the level is set low, but the game certainly plays a little quicker and more fluid, at least that is how it felt. The passing is pretty darn fun, but thankfully it seems like the DBs make natural plays on the ball. Seems like the running game was opened up by the DL not warping off of blocks to melt into a tackle. I too thought the blocking on punt returns was more organized and set up better. Doesn't mean you are going to break one all the time as coverage was solid at times, but definitely saw some windows and yardage opportunities that weren't there before.

The ticker on the bottom was a bit distracting for me as I found myself sneaking peeks quite often at scores going by. The studio updates didn't bother me, but they were a bit frequent.

As others have stated, dropping passes into some spots that you couldn't before is definitely noticeable, as it leading receivers away from defenders. On the flip side, one encouraging thing I saw was DBs making plays on balls consistently when they were in good coverage, especially downfield. It wasn't auto-INT or the stand-there-and-look-at-receiver-catch ball like in the past, but they were playing the receiver and then finding the ball either to jar it loose or break up the pass in the air.
      tko27 -
      Quote Originally Posted by ram29jackson View Post
      This was a great video, thanks for posting. I'm excited to get off of work tonight and finally be able to download this thing on my PS3.

Here are a few thoughts I had about this:

- What is with the missed OL block at the 3:34 mark? The DT gets into the backfield completely untouched while the OL is just standing there. Definitely an issue as you can see the OL turn around once he realizes he's supposed to block the guy.
      - I have to agree with what some have said about INT's being too frequent. This could be a result of the varsity difficulty level but they just seemed a little too easy.
      - I wish the commentary did a better job matching up the action/situation on the field. Too many times the comments make no sense in regards to what is actually happening on the field. I know this is being addressed in upcoming years but it still makes for a clunky feel to the presentation at times.
      - I wish the CPU was a little smarter when it came to the clock and using their TO's. Too often they waste precious time with timeouts still available and lose potential scoring opportunities.
      + I love watching the RB's constantly churning their feet even after they run into traffic. Looks great and realistic.
      + The graphics and lighting look very good. Everything seems cleaner, smoother, and more fluid.
      + The passing game all around looks great. The different drop backs, throws, trajectories, catches, etc. the pass game seems to be improved in nearly all aspects.
      + The hook route at the 13:02 mark made me drool. The WR runs a 10 yard dig in between 3 defenders playing zone and yet he's able to find the open spot and sit between all of them without any of them magically knowing the route and getting to the spot first. Awesome.

Just my thoughts on this particular video. It's vids like this that get me very excited for July 10th.
      psusnoop -
      That's what a blu-ray player is for.
      LOL that's why you need a PS3
      SmoothPancakes -
      LOL that's why you need a PS3
      Nah, if I watch blu-rays, it's gonna be on a blu-ray player. I don't watch DVDs on my 360, so I wouldn't watch blu-rays on my PS3. For me, I use my game consoles solely for games, I'll watch DVDs and Blu-rays on a dedicated DVD or blu-ray player.
      AustinWolv -
      I have to agree with what some have said about INT's being too frequent. This could be a result of the varsity difficulty level but they just seemed a little too easy.
      I played 3 games last night and didn't see a gluttony of them that others reported. It would not surprise me if people were making passes they shouldn't be, or least my hunch given my experiences playing others online that liked to abuse the crappy defensive AI of the NCAA series.
      Kwizzy -
      Quote Originally Posted by AustinWolv View Post
      I played 3 games last night and didn't see a gluttony of them that others reported. It would not surprise me if people were making passes they shouldn't be, or least my hunch given my experiences playing others online that liked to abuse the crappy defensive AI of the NCAA series.
      This ^. One thing we talked about at the CD was that people are going to have to take a bit of time before they are able to point out things that need fixed because the passing is so much more realistic now. At first, people are going to throw a lot of INTs because they are throwing to WRs that aren't (and should not be) looking.