• NCAA Football 13 - Heisman Challenge

The latest NCAA Football 13 Playbook webcast is is in the books and has unveiled the new Heisman Challenge mode. The mode allows users to select from a pool of former Heisman Trophy winners that can be placed on any team as they attempt to recreate or surpass that player's Heisman-winning season.

"There are familiar faces on the field in NCAA Football 13, which now features a selection of former Heisman Trophy winners. With the new Heisman Challenge mode, fans have the ability to utilize the skill set of a legendary Heisman Trophy winner in a quest to match his award-winning historical performances and win the Heisman trophy once again."

Continue on to see the webcast, as well as full Heisman Challenge news and coverage.

Official Site Blogs:
    May 30, 2012 - 'NCAA Football 13 Playbook #4 - Heisman Challenge Dev Blog' by Alex Howell
    May 30, 2012 - 'NCAA Football 13 Community Blog – Heisman Challenge' by Brian Parker

Media Articles:
    May 31, 2012 - ESPN Video Games: 'Legends return for Heisman Challenge' by Jon Robinson
    May 31, 2012 - Kotaku: 'Even Heisman Winners Have Video Game Fantasies, and That’s NCAA Football 13’s New Mode' by Owen Good

Webcast and Info

Watch live streaming video from easports at livestream.com

• 16 former Heisman winners
    • One season on any team
    • Specific goals and accomplishments for each player
    • Reaction Time - new gameplay feature. LT during gameplay
    • Over 64 video interviews with the Heisman winners; unlocked as you play. Different stories for each player: game specific interviews, Heisman questions, Recruiting questions, Reflections on their Heisman year.
    • Compete on new Heisman leaderboards
    • Bonus unlockables if you win the Heisman
    • Exact look from their glory days
    • 3D Modeled player heads
    • Retro style
    • Modeled after winning year
    • Load screen for game will give player facts and history

10 Playable Heisman Winners in Base Version
    • WR Desmond Howard
    • RB Barry Sanders
    • RB Eddie George
    • RB Marcus Allen
    • RB Herschel Walker
    • QB Robert Griffin III
    • QB Charlie Ward
    • QB Doug Flutie
    • QB Andre Ware
    • QB Carson Palmer

GameStop Pre-orders will unlock:
    • RB Mark Ingram
    • QB Tim Tebow
    • QB Matt Leinart

Play the Three Demo games to unlock:
    • WR Tim Brown
    • RB Archie Griffin
    • QB Jim Plunkett

The Athleticism
    Maxed out attributes
    • Overall ratings above 100
    • Eddie's speed
    • Herschel's power
    • Tim Brown's hands
    • Flutie's elusiveness

The Plays
    Tuned Playcalling
    • More passes for QBs
    • More rushes for RBs
    • More catches for Wrs

The Moments
    Special Teams added
    • Return kicks and punts
    • Recreate Desmond
    • Barry's returns
    • Tim Brown's 2 returns

The Challenge
    Break goals and accomplishments for each player
    • Player specific goals
    • Different goals for each Heisman Winner
    • Based on Heisman Year stats
    • Over 40 goals for each player

Compete on the Leaderboards
    • Finish Accomplishments to max out Legend Score

The Gameplay
    Heisman Mode & RTG Specific
    • Reaction Time slows the game
    • Left Trigger activates it
    • Letting go of LT brings you back to real-time

Camera Zoom in on the action
    • Position Specific Cameras
    • Seeing receivers run routes is easier
    • Running the ball is more fun

Reaction Time has its limits
    • Gain yards to gain more time
    • Meter at playcall shows amount of time you have left to use
    Comments 134 Comments
      JoeyJojoShabadoo -
      let's see

85 man rosters? nope
      Neutral site games? nyet!
      Allow teambuilder teams to be added (not replace) to dynasty? nuh-uh
      customize bowl tie-ins for all bowls? yea right!
      allow downloadable recruiting classes? ahahahahah
      custom scheduling for all teams? don't be silly
      build rivalries in dynasty? what good is that for?
      a working coach carousel? some depth to CC? coaches aren't important in CFB, duh
      online dynasty that works? transfer failed
      offline dynasty that doesn't crash? play online dynasty!
      UI that isn't slow as molasses? look pretty ESPN graphics

what really matters is OMG MAX PAYNE BULLET TIME IN HEISMAN MODE!! WOOOOO!
      psuexv -
      LOL, he audibled to his favorite play.... 4 Verts
      psuexv -
      LOL, JBHuskers making the WebCast.
      JBHuskers -
      Quote Originally Posted by psuexv View Post
      LOL, JBHuskers making the WebCast.
      Yessssssssssss!

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2
      souljahbill -
      I heard the name drop. LOL! Sabotage, indeed. The whole "live-play" was sabotage. That dude brought his F game today. LOL!
      souljahbill -
      It looked interesting. The videos sound like the best part. That and the fact that all those features will be in RTG. I'm about to lurk on OS because I can see feces about to be thrown from here.
      gschwendt -
      Quote Originally Posted by JoeyJojoShabadoo View Post
      A) This mode likely isn't targeted towards you... just like every year, they add features to try to hit most/all demographics.
      B) The amount of development time to add a small change to a camera angle and slow down the game is WAY less than it is to add any of the other features you mentioned
      C) I agree with the complaints with 12 and the bugs but you lose some credibility when you include those for a game that hasn't been released. Will there be bugs? Sure, not trying to say otherwise, but surely you can expect them to fix the major bugs from the previous year.
      qdog77 -
      let's see

85 man rosters? nope
      Neutral site games? nyet!
      Allow teambuilder teams to be added (not replace) to dynasty? nuh-uh
      customize bowl tie-ins for all bowls? yea right!
      allow downloadable recruiting classes? ahahahahah
      custom scheduling for all teams? don't be silly
      build rivalries in dynasty? what good is that for?
      a working coach carousel? some depth to CC? coaches aren't important in CFB, duh
      online dynasty that works? transfer failed
      offline dynasty that doesn't crash? play online dynasty!
      UI that isn't slow as molasses? look pretty ESPN graphics

i was going to say the same thing, we got bullet time in ncaa. man this is not right to show charlie ward in a gators uniform or eddie george in a michigan uniform. this mode will not be played in my house, a waste of disc space. i guess this is for the casual fan
      qdog77 -
      ncaa team up with rockstart games to put in bullet time from max payne by the way is one of the games of the year as far as singleplayer. man this not good at all, ill stick to playing dynasty like all hardcore fans
      JBHuskers -
      As I have repeated year after year, modes like these are a necessity from a marketing standpoint. The casual player makes up the majority of sales BY FAR. Us gamers on sites like these are a VERY small minority, but yet we still get fixes and additions that are geared towards our wishes too. From a business standpoint, you have to realize that there are two sides towards the developement of a new game. What will please the hardcore players (the minority) and what will please the casual players (the majority).
      psuexv -
      Quote Originally Posted by qdog77 View Post
      i was going to say the same thing, we got bullet time in ncaa. man this is not right to show charlie ward in a gators uniform or eddie george in a michigan uniform. this mode will not be played in my house, a waste of disc space. i guess this is for the casual fan
      I was thinking the same thing when they played the trailer, how fans of those teams must cringing at Desmond as a Buckeye etc.

But yes, it's definitely more geared at the casual gamer.
      JBHuskers -
      Heisman Challenge Trailer:

JBHuskers -
      Too slow Tommy
      psuexv -
      Can the CD guys comment on how the individual players were chosen? Any chance we'll get more players added maybe as a DLC in the future? It would be cool as hell to play with some of the old school Heisman winners.
      gschwendt -
      Can the CD guys comment on how the individual players were chosen? Any chance we'll get more players added maybe as a DLC in the future? It would be cool as hell to play with some of the old school Heisman winners.
      I don't know any specifics but as I understand, it was basically guys they already had a relationship with or knew that there would be mutual interest. No idea about DLC.
      JBHuskers -
      I'd say based on who would sign off on doing it. I'm sure there were a few on their list where the players turned them down. As for DLC, I doubt it, but you never know. Maybe 2 months after release the pre-order guys might be available for a price.
      psuexv -
      Also for the guys that were able to play this mode. With ratings over 99, could you really tell a difference in the Heisman players abilities?
      JoeyJojoShabadoo -
      Quote Originally Posted by gschwendt View Post
      A) This mode likely isn't targeted towards you... just like every year, they add features to try to hit most/all demographics.
      B) The amount of development time to add a small change to a camera angle and slow down the game is WAY less than it is to add any of the other features you mentioned
      C) I agree with the complaints with 12 and the bugs but you lose some credibility when you include those for a game that hasn't been released. Will there be bugs? Sure, not trying to say otherwise, but surely you can expect them to fix the major bugs from the previous year.
      considering they've had bugs since NCAA 2004 they haven't fixed, i'd say it's safe to not be optimistic about them getting things right. when was the last time they got things right?
      JBHuskers -
      Also for the guys that were able to play this mode. With ratings over 99, could you really tell a difference in the Heisman players abilities?
      I definitely could with Barry. He's a BEAST in this mode.
      JBHuskers -
      considering they've had bugs since NCAA 2004 they haven't fixed, i'd say it's safe to not be optimistic about them getting things right. when was the last time they got things right?
      Constantly posting them thread after thread after thread really doesn't help at all either.