• NCAA Football 13 - Dynasty Mode Improvements

The NCAA Football 13 Dynasty Mode Improvements have been revealed. Continue on to read the official blogs, view the Dynasty Mode trailer video, see the full list of improvements, and more.

Game days come to life with mid-game updates featuring a new studio analyst, plus enhanced commentary from NCAA Football veterans Kirk Herbstreit and Brad Nessler. Recruiting now goes deeper than ever with the addition of dynamic grades and the ability to scout players. Plus, there are even more ways to interact with your Dynasty from the web.

Blogs:

Media Articles

NCAA Football 13 Dynasty Mode Improvements
    • Dynamic Pitches - Some pitches change on a weekly basis. (New pitch: Playing Style, based upon stats and on-field performance.)
    • Scouting - Actual ratings and overall revealed via scouting
    • Breaking into Top Ten - If other schools do not show interest, team can move onto board. Prospects start with fewer teams on board. Any team has a chance at every recruit.
    • Triple Threat Athletes
    • Phone Call
    • Search Improvements - Faster & optimized
    • New "My School" Screen - Showing current recruiting pitch ratings
    • Changes to Player Transfers - New reasons for leaving: Playing Time, Broken Promises, Coach Leaving, Homesick. Try and keep players from leaving by offering recruits. Broken promises can hurt Coach Prestige. Improved transfer logic and number of transfers.
    • Website Improvements: New Scouting on the Web, Complete offseason and preseason on the web
    • Online Dynasty Live Dashboard: Serverside ability to identify, address, and prevent Transfer Failed issues
    • ESPN Bottom Line Ticker (Priority Alerts, Upset Alerts, Final Alerts): Games happen in real-time, upcoming game preview
    • ESPN Studio Updates: Live updates in all four quarters, updates will show one to four games. Will highlight: General & Top 25, Upset alerts, BCS updates, big days for players. Hosted by ESPN's Rece Davis.
    • New game open will feature "live look-in" from Rece in-studio and then sending it out to Kirk and Brad.
    • Nessler will give 'game impact' discussion based on Studio Update from Rece

Archived Webcast:
    easports on livestream.com. Broadcast Live Free
    Comments 389 Comments
      SCClassof93 -
      Quote Originally Posted by SmoothPancakes View Post
      It looks like just about every recruiting pitch has changed to varying degrees (some new areas that affect the grade, changes in how the grade is calculated, etc), but they have also changed it where everything is shown as to exactly what you have to do and have to try to do to improve your grade in each pitch, so there's no longer any uncertainty about what you have to do to actually change a pitch grade.
      Kind of have this on in the background. Client comes in, hit mute, pretend interest in said client, and read smooth's posts! Thanks
      SmoothPancakes -
      There's integrity now with your promises. If you break too many promises, you'll have a harder time trying to keep guys from going pro, your promises may not or won't carry as much weight with future recruits when you try to make them promises. I love this change. No more mindlessly spamming promises and only the negative is that they might transfer after a couple years.

And transfers have been increased, so there will be more transfers this year than in past years.
      SmoothPancakes -
      Quote Originally Posted by Kwizzy View Post
      I would add to that: These pitches are now just based on more realistic measures. Your school's ratings should make sense now.
      Yep, everything they are showing, these grades now should make a lot of sense to us in recruiting and why we have certain ratings and grades. I love these changes they are making to recruiting.
      SmoothPancakes -
      Oh yeah, and be careful when recruiting someone from across the country. Players can now potentially transfer out if they are feeling homesick.

Also, to help calculate your pro grade, you can now see what players chose to go pro, and see exactly if and where (what round) they were drafted in the NFL draft.
      SmoothPancakes -
      Conference prestige is dynamic, will be based on the top 6 teams in the conference. So when people start doing custom conferences and change stuff around, conference ratings will change.
      SCClassof93 -
      Quote Originally Posted by SmoothPancakes View Post
      Conference prestige is dynamic, will be based on the top 6 teams in the conference. So when people start doing custom conferences and change stuff around, conference ratings will change.
      HUGE
      Treadstone6700 -
      Academic based on team on the field performance?

Doesn't make sense if I understand that correctly.

So Vanderbilt (A+) will be a B in academics after losing football games?
      SmoothPancakes -
      Quote Originally Posted by SCClassof93 View Post
      HUGE
      Agreed. Now if I decide to do a "wacky world" dynasty with a load of conference changes or a geographical dynasty with teams in a conference based on their location and conferences designated to certain regions of the country, they'll finally reflect the team changes in their grades.
      SmoothPancakes -
      Nice, now you truly have a chance to break into the top 10 of a recruit. He'll start with a couple teams in his top ten for the preseason, if some teams don't recruit them but others do, they'll regenerate their top 10 and bump in the teams that are actually recruiting them and drop down the teams not showing any interest in them.
      SCClassof93 -
      Quote Originally Posted by Treadstone6700 View Post
      Academic based on team on the field performance?

Doesn't make sense if I understand that correctly.

So Vanderbilt (A+) will be a B in academics after losing football games?
      That is the way I understood it. First thing I have heard that annoys me. Why not tie it to gpa or something?
      Kwizzy -
      Quote Originally Posted by SCClassof93 View Post
      That is the way I understood it. First thing I have heard that annoys me. Why not tie it to gpa or something?
      I would guess this would be a really slow changing rating.
      SmoothPancakes -
      Yep, scouting will reveal their individual ratings and overall (the numbers will become more accurate/exact as you scout them more (so obviously 64% scouted, their numbers will be more accurate than say 20% scouted). Something you can probably do if you want, or if you like/prefer not knowing, skip the scouting all together.
      Treadstone6700 -
      Did he confirm sleepers and busts?He said a 3 star could be rated higher than 5
      SmoothPancakes -
      You get 20 hours to scout in the preseason, 3 hours each week during the regular season to scout players.
      SmoothPancakes -
      It sounded something sort of like that.
      SmoothPancakes -
      Athletes are now skilled at up to potentially 3 positions, so they're more useful when recruiting them.
      SmoothPancakes -
      It's confirmed. If someone is scouted as 6 points OVR or lower then their projected rating, they are officially listed in the game as a bust. And there are sleepers/gems who may increase in OVR by a large amount (+11 in the video) who is way better than projected.
      SmoothPancakes -
      Triple threat athletes. In the example given, an athlete is 82, but if you move him to QB, he'd by 81, RB he'd be 79, WR he'd be 82. Some players could be RB, WR, DB, etc.
      SmoothPancakes -
      Roulette wheel is gone! Users select the topics.
      SmoothPancakes -
      There's a new option, Prospect's Choice, where they will choose the topic (so they should only pick the topic they are highly interested in). The phone call screen is much cleaner this year.