• Episode #3 of EA SPORTS NCAA Football 13 Podcast

The third episode of the Official EA SPORTS NCAA Football Podcast is now available. The primary area of focus is additional gameplay coverage and follow-up questions from the community.

Continue on to view a quick recap of the show. Then after listening, share your thoughts with the community.

Recap:
    • Host AJ is joined by Community Manager Justin Dewiel, Producer Ben Haumiller, and Gameplay Designer 'The Legend' Larry Richart.
    • Richart discusses the improvements coming to the passing game: Total Control Passing Mechanic, new QB drop-backs, new pass trajectories, new pump fake animations, new pass animations, elimination of set-up when throwing on run, shovel passes, and more.
    • Richart went into more specifics regarding the new pass icons. "Timing matters." Pass icons dimmed at start, will light up when player enters part of route where they are looking/awaiting pass. Can pass at anytime, but player will not auto-catch; must manually user-catch then.Goal is to emulate real-life and timing of routes.
    • What happens if you throw when they aren't looking? (Icon is grayed out): If not looking, they won't know you threw it. "Could hit them in head, go over their head...they won't make a play on the ball." You can attempt to user-catch, however. Lit icon does not mean they are open.
    • WR Alignment: 3-4 on one side can cause issue with hashes. New rules in place. Different splits and adjustments than in past.
    • How does new Read & React defense affect defense? Receivers can run off defenders, may take a few yards for DBs to realize it isn't a pass play.
    • Read & React to eliminate 'psychic DBs.'
    • WR/DB Interaction: New set of catch tackles. Knockout chances, decreased catch chances on jump balls, etc.
    • New Dropbacks on Route Timing: 'Goal is to get CPU user and player to understand timing on routes.'
    • OL/DL Interaction: Instant win chances tuned, should be less frequent.
    • Heisman skill level: CPU smarter, less 60+ yard FG attempts.
    • Catch System: Gives ability to fix catch issues faster, 430+ new catch animations.
    • Next Webcast is May 7: Dynasty Mode.
    Comments 10 Comments
      Dewiel -
      Check out this week’s show now. We brought gameplay designer Larry Richart on to further explain what exactly the passing icons will do in regards to the passing game in NCAA Football 13. We also answered some of the most common questions around the community.

Listen here: http://bit.ly/HQqoRd
      Avross -
      I wanna know if they fix the socks no more ankle socks and add team specific socks suck as Michigan "M" and all nike elite socks and if they added more cleats Nike Adidas under armor and under armor gloves gone tune te color of Alabama jersey and will we see automatic o-line double teams Or even manually so we can double down on great pass rushers. And how many db animations are there?
      baseballplyrmvp -
      Quote Originally Posted by Avross View Post
      I wanna know if they fix the socks no more ankle socks and add team specific socks suck as Michigan "M" and all nike elite socks and if they added more cleats Nike Adidas under armor and under armor gloves gone tune te color of Alabama jersey and will we see automatic o-line double teams Or even manually so we can double down on great pass rushers. And how many db animations are there?
      this podcats is about gameplay only. nothing will be said about socks/uniform stuff.
      xMrHitStickx904 -
      Quote Originally Posted by Avross View Post
      Avross -
      Well they told us everything we know they didn't tell us somethIng they working on or something we didn't know of like socks and fixing the uniform colors or adding new speed rush and power rush animations. Maybe more running animation tackle animations run styles. Cleats gloves I mean they didn't answer any of those things just to name a few. Podcast was pointless for 30mins
      CLW -
      I gotta be honest guys I'm largely UNDERWHELMED by the gameplay additions this year. IMHO:

#1 - these things are all nice but small. (i.e. I do not seeing them having a major impact on how the game is played)

#2 - I'm afraid the changes made are going to make it even easier to put up ungodly passing #s and it is already too easy to pass in the game
      KIDZER0918 -
      Can some one please ask if they put celebrations back in the game? It seemed like they were in the Demo but for some reason got taken out of the final version. I know they said that the NCAA wanted the after touchdown celebrations out of the game so they removed them but come on. how many times can you watch a player run into the endzone and just stop and drop the ball, or just go to one knee "TEBOWing" add a little excitement please.
      Kwizzy -
      Quote Originally Posted by KIDZER0918 View Post
      Can some one please ask if they put celebrations back in the game? It seemed like they were in the Demo but for some reason got taken out of the final version. I know they said that the NCAA wanted the after touchdown celebrations out of the game so they removed them but come on. how many times can you watch a player run into the endzone and just stop and drop the ball, or just go to one knee "TEBOWing" add a little excitement please.
      If the NCAA wants them out I would go ahead and assume they're out and not coming back.
      baseballplyrmvp -
      Quote Originally Posted by KIDZER0918 View Post
      Quote Originally Posted by Kwizzy View Post
      If the NCAA wants them out I would go ahead and assume they're out and not coming back.
      ya, if the ncaa wants them out, there's nothing ea can do about it.

the ncaa doesnt care that this is a video game meant for entertainment purposes.
      Rudy -
      Last year I felt the cpu offense wasn't strong enough on All American. They just felt dumb. I felt the cpu played better on Heisman on offense but my weak passing skills struggled too much up there. I wonder if they will allow split difficulties - like AA for offense and Heisman for defense.

I still need to see the cpu execute on offense. They have been too dumb and boring in the past. It's pretty clear from the player movement that momentum has not changed much from last year. I'd love an option to tweak this.