• Barry Sanders Wins NCAA Football 13 'My Heisman' Vote

Announced on Monday's Dan Patrick Show, Barry Sanders has won the 'My Heisman' tournament and will join Robert Griffin III on the cover of NCAA Football 13.

The other Heisman Trophy winners in the voting bracket included: Marcus Allen, Doug Flutie, Eddie George, Desmond Howard, Herschel Walker, Charlie Ward, and Andre Ware. Sanders and the other Heisman winners are expected to be part of the 'Heisman Challenge' mode, which will be detailed May 30:

There are familiar faces on the field in NCAA Football 13, which now features a selection of former Heisman Trophy winners. With the new Heisman Challenge mode, fans have the ability to utilize the skill set of a legendary Heisman Trophy winner in a quest to match his award-winning historical performances and win the Heisman trophy once again.
    Comments 29 Comments
      illwill10 -
      Since Barry already tweeted that he will be on the DP show tomorrow at 11:30(i think), it pretty much solidifies it.
      I will be in class around that time, so I will catch up to it later.
      "
      Barry Sanders‏@BarrySandersReply

going on the @dpshow Monday 1030AM EST. looking forward to it!
      My bad - 1130AM for @dpshow"
      gschwendt -
      Barry Sanders officially announced. He's coming up on the Dan Patrick Show after their next commercial break. You can listen online or watch on DirecTV's Audience Network (Channel 101).
      gschwendt -
      Official Cover art

souljahbill -
      cdj -
      There's not a single manufacturer's logo in the entire shot. I wonder if part of that is due to Baylor being a Nike school and RGIII having a deal with adidas and EA wanting to appease both parties.

EDIT - If I work in the Baylor Athletic Department, I'd get posters & banners of the cover and place them all over campus or anywhere recruits go on visits. Three prominent Baylor logos/text in the pic....the school has to love that.
      CLW -
      Glad Barry won but I'd be really surprised if I play this Heisman mode that much (none at all if there are no PS3 trophies attached to it)
      Little Steve -
      i think the fact he would win was a given, he's a household name. i had to google the other guy...and everybody eles too....

i have only been a collage football fan when uc took off in the 09 season.
      JBHuskers -
      Quote Originally Posted by CLW View Post
      Glad Barry won but I'd be really surprised if I play this Heisman mode that much (none at all if there are no PS3 trophies attached to it)
      Spoken like a true trophy whore! I'm proud of you.
      souljahbill -
      Quote Originally Posted by Little Steve View Post
      i think the fact he would win was a given, he's a household name. i had to google the other guy...and everybody eles too....

This makes me feel old.

You had to Google Hershel Walker?
      JBHuskers -
      P.S. that cover is badass.
      steelerfan -
      Quote Originally Posted by souljahbill View Post
      This makes me feel old.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using Tapatalk 2
      baseballplyrmvp -
      This makes me feel old.

i'm guessing that little steve is in high school or middle school.
      steelerfan -
      Quote Originally Posted by JBHuskers View Post
      P.S. that cover is badass.
      I don't care for it. I don't like the black and white background. To me, that kind of makes the whole thing a little drab and dreary.

That said, the cover has never done anything for me at all. It sits on a shelf, that's it. I do think the right guys are on the cover this year, however.

JBHuskers -
      This makes me feel old.

Quote Originally Posted by steelerfan View Post

I guess we won't bring up Archie Griffin
      ram29jackson -
      Quote Originally Posted by cdj View Post
      There's not a single manufacturer's logo in the entire shot. I wonder if part of that is due to Baylor being a Nike school and RGIII having a deal with adidas and EA wanting to appease both parties.

EDIT - If I work in the Baylor Athletic Department, I'd get posters & banners of the cover and place them all over campus or anywhere recruits go on visits. Three prominent Baylor logos/text in the pic....the school has to love that.
      lol..I dont know ? kids arent that dumb...baylor gets one great storied player in decades..I dont think that will attract enough for Baylor to be relevent long term.....Harold Jackson was a receivers coach there a long while back
      ram29jackson -
      Barry won = of course he did, I'm sure in the video game world, he'd be right up there with Vick
      JerzeyReign -
      Quote Originally Posted by Little Steve View Post

You google'd Hershel Walker?! I mean, I'm not old enough to have seen his college days but I remember getting heavy dose of it while he was in the NFL (especially with my Eagles). Man... I feel old... at only 27.
      CLW -

Semi-related I've always suspected that EA uses the trophies for things that otherwise wouldn't get much use (My Player Mode or whatever it is called as an example). In fact, I saw someone from EA say man we had allot more people play that mode this year b/c of the improvements we made. When in fact I bet a high % of that increase was due to nothing more than Trophies/Achievements being attached to it.
      SmoothPancakes -
      Quote Originally Posted by CLW View Post
      Took the words right out of my mouth. I played a little of Road to Glory, but even with the updates, I never even made it to the HS state championship game before I ended up spending all my time in dynasty and never touched RTG again. Unless this new mode is as good as sex, I doubt I'll play it very much either.

Don't forget us achievement whores either!

This makes me feel old.

Damn... I only just turned 25 yesterday, but even THAT makes me feel old as hell.