• NCAA Football 13: Gameplay Webcast - Recap

Tuesday afternoon, EA SPORTS held their NCAA Football 13 Gameplay Webcast in which they announced gameplay features and improvements coming to the game.

Among the areas of focus to gameplay in NCAA Football 13 are a new Total Control Passing Mechanic (including new pass trajectories), a new catching system (including 430+ new catch animations), Read & React Defensive AI, improved punt coverage and return formations, as well as option, playcalling, and custom playbook improvements, among other changes.

Continue on to view the LiveStream archive of the event, a detailed list of announced Gameplay improvements, links to media articles and blogs discussing the improvements, and also thoughts from fellow community members.

Gameplay Improvements:
    - All-new Pump Fake
    - All-new Shovel Pass
    - New Dropbacks (20+ new animations)
    - New Play-Action Abort Fake
    - New Play-Action Pick Up Blitz
    - Throw on the Run Animations
    - Multiple Pass Trajectories (20+ new; new zones/ball speeds)
    - Receiver Route Awareness
    - 430+ New Catch Animations
    - Enhanced Option Pitch
    - Improved Punt Coverage
    - Read & React Defenders

For detailed information on the gameplay improvements, check out the archived NCAA Football 13 LiveStream event:
    Watch live streaming video from easports at livestream.com

Media Articles & Video:
    ESPN Video Games - 'NCAA Football 13 ends psychic defense' by Jon Robinson
    IGN - 'Tweaking the Gameplay of NCAA Football 13' by Greg Miller
    Kotaku - 'A Backup Quarterback Pushes You to be Better in NCAA Football 13' by Owen Good
    Game Informer - 'NCAA Football 13 Strengthens Its Aerial Attack' by Matthew Kato
    G4TV - NCAA Football 13 Gameplay Preview (Video)

Official EA SPORTS Blog:
    'NCAA Football 13 - Gameplay' by Larry Richart
    'NCAA Football 13 - Community Gameplay' by Chris Jacobs
    Comments 175 Comments
      ram29jackson -
      so...if you are in a 7 step drop, are you locked in the animation so the idiots that find the nano blitz when you need a pass play can just abuse it/you ?
      Kwizzy -
      Quote Originally Posted by ram29jackson View Post
      so...if you are in a 7 step drop, are you locked in the animation so the idiots that find the nano blitz when you need a pass play can just abuse it/you ?
      You're never locked into a drop animation, just like you never have been. You can hold the left stick from before the snap or whenever you want just like always.
      Rudy -
      Quote Originally Posted by Kwizzy View Post
      You're never locked into a drop animation, just like you never have been. You can hold the left stick from before the snap or whenever you want just like always.
      One thing NCAA did a couple year ago was to have auto-evade (could have been Madden but I think it was only in the game one year). Where not only do you not drop back but the cpu will move the QB around in the pocket to avoid sacks. It could be annoying because some times the cpu actually took off scrambling when you didn't want to but I did like this feature. Does the cpu just do the auto dropback or is there an option for auto-evade as well?
      Kwizzy -
      Im not aware of any auto evade.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2
      Jayrah -
      Quote Originally Posted by Rudy View Post
      One thing NCAA did a couple year ago was to have auto-evade (could have been Madden but I think it was only in the game one year). Where not only do you not drop back but the cpu will move the QB around in the pocket to avoid sacks. It could be annoying because some times the cpu actually took off scrambling when you didn't want to but I did like this feature. Does the cpu just do the auto dropback or is there an option for auto-evade as well?
      that was only if you didn't turn off qb-assist from the main menu. I hated that feature. The qb would run or throw without you if you didn't take over the drop back. Annoying!!!
      Jayrah -
      Quote Originally Posted by Kwizzy View Post
      also now you will be able to cancel play action mid play! Very excited about that one!
      steelerfan -
      Quote Originally Posted by ryby6969 View Post
      JB is a DJ at a stripclub and cannot score so he will be no help.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using Tapatalk 2
      Rudy -
      Quote Originally Posted by Jayrah View Post
      that was only if you didn't turn off qb-assist from the main menu. I hated that feature. The qb would run or throw without you if you didn't take over the drop back. Annoying!!!
      Maybe it was Madden one year but I remember the QB moving in the pocket for me, doing the drop back but NOT throwing the ball. They would run for you which I didn't like but they wouldn't throw it.
      oweb26 -
      Did they fix the pistol? I know it has been asked about the shotgun running game, but as a guy who lovess the pistol, it was questionable at best on 12.
      Little Steve -
      Quote Originally Posted by oweb26 View Post
      Did they fix the pistol? I know it has been asked about the shotgun running game, but as a guy who lovess the pistol, it was questionable at best on 12.
      one of the pistol draws worked almost every time i ran that like 10 times a game vs user.
      jaymo76 -
      Quote Originally Posted by oweb26 View Post
      I must concur. I have the Pistol in my custom playbook this year and I tried to operate the PISTOL in 11 as well. However, the result is always the same... passing has no issues, draws has some success, and almost every other run play goes nowhere as the defenders swarm into the backfield far too fast.
      Rudy -
      Tradition sports is posting a lot of feedback from the community event. They are saying the read-option is better and the player movement is heavier and no so herky jerky which I like. Not a big change they are saying but a subtle one.
      will41 -
      Did they add any new formations this year.That would be consider under gameplay right.
      Jayrah -
      Quote Originally Posted by will41 View Post
      Did they add any new formations this year.That would be consider under gameplay right.
      Good question. Although I have a feeling most of their formation moderation was from tweaking proper alignments this year. I thought I read or heard in a webcast that they added some Wing T formations for option though? Or maybe it was another formation but something Army does I believe
      JeffHCross -
      Quote Originally Posted by Jayrah View Post
      Or maybe it was another formation but something Army does I believe
      Wingbone. See this video from Keontez.