• Episode #2 of EA SPORTS NCAA Football 13 Podcast

The second episode of EA SPORTS NCAA Football 13 podcast is now available. This episode features host AJ, Community Manager Justin Dewiel, and developers Ben Haumiller and Christian McLeod. In it, they'll help break down some of the news from this week as well as answer questions that were posted at various community sites including The Gaming Tailgate. Continue after the break to listen to the podcast.

Comments 15 Comments
      Cipher 8 -
      Hoping for some gameplay improvements, especially defense backs. Wish they would bring back the shade inside/shade outside things from year's past.
      gschwendt -
      Listening now, I'll update this post as they discuss new information

• Community Event coming up in a couple of weeks
      • 243 new uniform parts (pants, jerseys, helmets, etc.)
      • Coaches won't wear headsets during post-game cutscenes
      • New schools being added: UMass, UT San Antonio, & Texas State. South Alabama not added because initially they were told that other three were full-fledged while USA was provisional. Once they discovered they were given wrong information, it was too late to add USA.
      • 86 new heads... like past, head & hair are combined so you can't select independently
      • No major changes to custom stadium sounds, though now it will default back to the last school you were editing
      • No progressive weather this year but something they want to add in the future; new lighting tech helps towards the progressive weather.
      • Crowds will sound more lifelike... they rebuilt their system from scratch. Crowds will take into account the importance of the game, the size of the crowd, using the real-world assets that have been gathered past couple of years.
      • No changes to the sidelines that occur during gameplay... difficult to do during this generation though they still look at that possibility. However new vignettes of coaches on sidelines, players as they enter the game, etc.
      • Not a lot of new player equipment added this year but did add some new facemasks
      • Only new mascot is Big Red from WKU though did touch on some of the existing mascots to make slight updates (uniform updates, etc.)

There's probably other new information that I might not have caught but I would say that's the majority of it. You should still listen regardless to hear our own Chris Jacobs
      baseballplyrmvp -
      out of all the questions chris could have asked, he chose to waste one on player head models. lol
      beartide06 -
      Well, I am a little disappointed to hear that South did not make it in this years game, but it really doesn't effect my opinion on the game in any way. I am excited to hear about game play, that's for sure!
      Gator3guy -
      Quote Originally Posted by beartide06 View Post
      Well, I am a little disappointed to hear that South did not make it in this years game, but it really doesn't effect my opinion on the game in any way. I am excited to hear about game play, that's for sure!
      Same here, but at least we got the other three.
      cdj -
      Quote Originally Posted by baseballplyrmvp View Post
      out of all the questions chris could have asked, he chose to waste one on player head models. lol
      I had a list of ten from the community, but pared it down to five as some were duplicates with those the devs answered on their own to start the show and also some were the same as asked by Tradition Sports. I've noticed a lot of people asking about how the face selection/editing worked on different sites, so it cracked the top ten.

EA has done a pretty good job explaining the improvements to Sights & Sounds, so there's not a lot of unknowns at this point with presentation. I expect it to be very difficult to pare it down to 5 or 10 questions when Gameplay, Dynasty, Heisman Challenge, and Road to Glory features/changes are announced in the future, though.
      NatureBoy -
      Quote Originally Posted by gschwendt View Post
      Listening now, I'll update this post as they discuss new information

• Community Event coming up in a couple of weeks
      • 243 new uniform parts (pants, jerseys, helmets, etc.)
      • Coaches won't wear headsets during post-game cutscenes
      • New schools being added: UMass, UT San Antonio, & Texas State. South Alabama not added because initially they were told that other three were full-fledged while USA was provisional. Once they discovered they were given wrong information, it was too late to add USA.
      • 86 new heads... like past, head & hair are combined so you can't select independently
      • No major changes to custom stadium sounds, though now it will default back to the last school you were editing
      • No progressive weather this year but something they want to add in the future; new lighting tech helps towards the progressive weather.
      • Crowds will sound more lifelike... they rebuilt their system from scratch. Crowds will take into account the importance of the game, the size of the crowd, using the real-world assets that have been gathered past couple of years.
      • No changes to the sidelines that occur during gameplay... difficult to do during this generation though they still look at that possibility. However new vignettes of coaches on sidelines, players as they enter the game, etc.
      • Not a lot of new player equipment added this year but did add some new facemasks
      • Only new mascot is Big Red from WKU though did touch on some of the existing mascots to make slight updates (uniform updates, etc.)

There's probably other new information that I might not have caught but I would say that's the majority of it. You should still listen regardless to hear our own Chris Jacobs
      I guess this means no Sir Big Spur in this year's game. I was hoping he would be added this time around.
      ram29jackson -
      ...he keeps going in and backing out of Ohio States Stadium........I'm going to pick stadiums to that with now
      jaymo76 -
      So would it be a good guess to say that the teams added will ALL use generic stadiums? I would love to use UMASS but I really dislike the generics.
      SmoothPancakes -
      Quote Originally Posted by jaymo76 View Post
      So would it be a good guess to say that the teams added will ALL use generic stadiums? I would love to use UMASS but I really dislike the generics.
      I'm gonna guess that's probably a safe bet.
      beartide06 -
      Wouldn't the "mystery" announcer fall under the presentation and sounds category? Unless.... he/she has something to do with the dynasty portion of the game
      JBHuskers -
      They did say in the beginning of the Webcast that anything that ties to anything that is in a future playbook would be saved for then.
      Jeff George -
      Quote Originally Posted by jaymo76 View Post
      From UMass-Ohio footage in the trailer, you can tell it's the "pro generic" stadium. Not sure why they couldn't get Gillette Stadium. I would hope that UTSA would play in the Alamodome, considering it's already in the game.

Bummed about South Alabama not making the cut. It would be awesome if they could free up a slot for users to add them via Teambuilder without having to swap out another team.
      JBHuskers -
      Quote Originally Posted by Jeff George View Post
      From UMass-Ohio footage in the trailer, you can tell it's the "pro generic" stadium. Not sure why they couldn't get Gillette Stadium. I would hope that UTSA would play in the Alamodome, considering it's already in the game.

Bummed about South Alabama not making the cut. It would be awesome if they could free up a slot for users to add them via Teambuilder without having to swap out another team.
      I wonder if that was just not a final mock. Who knows when that was made. Qualcomm is in NCAA for San Diego State, so I'm sure Gillette would be in as well.
      Avross -
      Can u touch on any upgrades to these three things please? Cleats/gloves/and teams socks such as Michigan and the Nike elite socks no teams wear ankle socks. Thanks.