• NCAA Football 13: Sights and Sounds Webcast on April 2

As we previously reported, Monday, April 2nd, the first details of NCAA Football 13 will be posted by EA SPORTS on their website. Today on the NCAA Football series' Facebook page, we learned that they'll actually be delivering that information via webcast on their site. The webcast will begin at 2pm ET and is expected to last for an hour. No other details are available at this time but we'll be sure to update you as we learn anything further. As well, after that webcast, those of us who were able to attend some of the community events will be able to share whatever details we can regarding the discussed changes for Sights and Sounds. What is your biggest priority for sights and sounds in NCAA 13?
    Comments 177 Comments
      JBHuskers -
      Dr Death -
      Quote Originally Posted by gschwendt View Post
      What is your biggest priority for sights and sounds in NCAA 13?
      As far as sights go, I'd like to see the new stadiums for Florida Atlantic and North Texas. Both opened last year and w/ the technology today, it shouldn't take 3 years to get a stadium in the game. Would also like to see accurate stadium's for all the new FBS/BCS/Div I teams.

and have great looking stadiums too.
      JeffHCross -
      we learned that they'll actually be delivering that information via webcast on their site.
      Very interesting. First dates and deadlines for info release. Now a webcast. Definitely a new mindset in marketing this year. Glad to see it!
      ram29jackson -
      Wake me up in late June
      Cipher 8 -
      Hopefully we'll be able to watch it if we can't make it there...
      JerzeyReign -
      I just want The Big House to sound like The Big House and not West Bumblefuck State.
      beartide06 -
      Quote Originally Posted by Dr Death View Post
      As far as sights go, I'd like to see the new stadiums for Florida Atlantic and North Texas. Both opened last year and w/ the technology today, it shouldn't take 3 years to get a stadium in the game. Would also like to see accurate stadium's for all the new FBS/BCS/Div I teams.

and have great looking stadiums too.
      I agree with you here, sir. I am not sure if my university (University of South Alabama) will be officially joining this year, but I do know they will start conference play this year, and will be playing teams such as Hawaii and Mississippi State. With that being said, I would like to see all new teams introduced properly, along with new stadiums and stadium updates. As far as sounds go, I would like to see crowd noise improved properly for certain events that takes place on the field, such as touchdowns, big plays, huge defensive stops, etc. It would also be nice to hear crowds get quieter for home teams if an away team makes a big play. Last year, I remember them vividly saying that they improved sound, and even went to games to record noises from the crowds to enhance the sound, but to me it still did not change significantly enough to have an impact. On afinal note, I would love to hear more, louder team chants, and enhanced band music as well.
      ram29jackson -
      I like the game for what its worth.

but yeah, all this stuff about crowd noise and diving catches and what not ? not really noticed.,never happened

the game does have some visual strong points..heck,team builder lets me paint my own environment to a small degree !
      but.

I did notice something I never saw till yesterday, ..I was playing the AI in a online dynasty game and beating them heavily..the gametrack just showed the opposing teams coach shaking his head and being angry at his players for quite a few seconds, and the announcers didnt say a word..it was pretty funny
      Dr Death -
      Quote Originally Posted by beartide06 View Post
      I agree with you here, sir. I am not sure if my university (University of South Alabama) will be officially joining this year, but I do know they will start conference play this year, and will be playing teams such as Hawaii and Mississippi State. With that being said, I would like to see all new teams introduced properly, along with new stadiums and stadium updates. As far as sounds go, I would like to see crowd noise improved properly for certain events that takes place on the field, such as touchdowns, big plays, huge defensive stops, etc. It would also be nice to hear crowds get quieter for home teams if an away team makes a big play. Last year, I remember them vividly saying that they improved sound, and even went to games to record noises from the crowds to enhance the sound, but to me it still did not change significantly enough to have an impact. On afinal note, I would love to hear more, louder team chants, and enhanced band music as well.
      Yes, South Alabama will be in the Sun Belt... here's a rundown of the new teams {4 total} bringing the FBS to 124. EA damn sure better have these teams and their stadiums in the game. There will be one in the MAC, two in the WAC and one in the Sun Belt.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2012_NC...ootball_season
      illwill10 -
      Quote Originally Posted by Dr Death View Post
      Yes, South Alabama will be in the Sun Belt... here's a rundown of the new teams {4 total} bringing the FBS to 124. EA damn sure better have these teams and their stadiums in the game. There will be one in the MAC, two in the WAC and one in the Sun Belt.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2012_NC...ootball_season
      I hope so. I am now looking forward to starting a Dynasty with one of those team, most likely Texas State.
      gschwendt -
      Actually South Alabama will only be in the Sun Belt on a probationary basis. It's the same as when Western Kentucky moved up a few years ago... They'll play a FBS schedule but won't be eligible for conference title nor bowl games.

Not sure on the other teams but I imagine most will be in the same situation. If that's the case, don't look for them to be in the game this year as they didn't add WKU until they were a full-fledged member.

South Alabama will be a full-fledged team in 2013.
      Dr Death -
      Actually South Alabama will only be in the Sun Belt on a probationary basis. It's the same as when Western Kentucky moved up a few years ago... They'll play a FBS schedule but won't be eligible for conference title nor bowl games.

Not sure on the other teams but I imagine most will be in the same situation. If that's the case, don't look for them to be in the game this year as they didn't add WKU until they were a full-fledged member.

I know this is just a wild pipe dream, but if that's the case, then EA should do something w/ Teambuilder and allow us to add these 4 teams once we play through the first season. I think it's safe to say that most people that purchase the game do so w/ a dynasty in mind; be it a solo dynasty or an on-line dynasty. We shouldn't have to wait until next year to properly implement the additional 4 new teams.

It's like I've said before - EA calls the game a year ahead; in this case it will be NCAA '13 though it comes out in July of 2012, yet we are always a year - or more - behind, in terms of uniforms, stadiums and from the sound of your post, teams as well.

And again, as I stated prior, w/ the technology available today, this is simply inexcusable. IMHO.
      beartide06 -

This is a correct statement. We are playing our normal, full schedule, but we are still in our final year of inauguration. Therefore, we are unable to contend for any bowls or championships. As you said, I would assume this would stand true for the other teams as well. However, USC was on a probation, and they were still I'm the game, so I feel like the 4 new teams could be added without any problems. I know it's different circumstances, but it sure would be nice to have some new faces added to the gridiron in this years NCAA. I think they probably would have already mentioned them being in if they were going to be, though. Who knows, maybe they will add them.
      baseballplyrmvp -
      Quote Originally Posted by beartide06 View Post
      This is a correct statement. We are playing our normal, full schedule, but we are still in our final year of inauguration. Therefore, we are unable to contend for any bowls or championships. As you said, I would assume this would stand true for the other teams as well. However, USC was on a probation, and they were still I'm the game, so I feel like the 4 new teams could be added without any problems. I know it's different circumstances, but it sure would be nice to have some new faces added to the gridiron in this years NCAA. I think they probably would have already mentioned them being in if they were going to be, though. Who knows, maybe they will add them.
      south alabama isnt on probation for ncaa penalties.

probationary probably isnt the right word. conditional is probably better, they didnt commit any violations.
      Little Steve -
      A few more cut seens, run outs and maybe a chant or two = ncaa13
      beartide06 -
      Quote Originally Posted by baseballplyrmvp View Post
      south alabama isnt on probation for ncaa penalties.

probationary probably isnt the right word. conditional is probably better, they didnt commit any violations.
      I know they didn't , I attend the University of South Alabama.... I stated that they are still in an inaugurational period. I referred to USC because they were inelligible to go to bowls or compete for championships, just like South. Like I said, I know that the two are not 100% comparable since USC has been in the FBS for a while, but as far as being inelligible, that part overlaps. That is what I was pointing out. Oh, and the fact that South is also playing a full schedule, but again, under inauguration period. Next year, they will be eligible for all bowls and championships. If they are invited, of course.

On another note, would commentary be listed more under that atmosphere area, or could it be considered "sounds"?
      JeffHCross -
      If there's no way to view the webcast after the fact, I would appreciate someone who can watch/listen writing down the major bullet points for a summary. For those of us that can't escape work, of course.
      Jayrah -
      -I want to notice home AND away crowd in this year's game. The game in general needs to respond better to plays on the field, but that includes having the away fans screaming their small little heads off when their team makes a play too. Appropriately to size of course! In addition, I really want to see a difference in crowd reaction!!!!!! A lot of times when a big play is made in the game the crowd stands up and then kinda half sits down again and does their wimpy clapping. I want to see people jumping (AT DIFFERENT TIMES, I'M GETTING SICK OF THE SYNCRO-JUMP), arms flailing, crowd going wild atmosphere for the big stadiums. For the smaller crowds of course the usual will suffice.

-I also want to see a different interface! One that doesn't take 5 million minutes to load. And then the only other thing is upgraded field sidelines.

-I know this won't happen but I would like to see sideline people that are more than digified and more in tune with the play on the field. Would really help atmosphere imo.

Can't wait to read the breakdown of this after I get off tomorrow.
      beckya -
      Looking forward to F13! Yes the loading times have been slow but I here that will change. I am ready for some football!
      xMrHitStickx904 -
      I'd like to really tell the difference in the loudness of crowds based on attendance, loyalty of the fan base & how crowds sound based on the construction of stadiums. in addition, the neutral site crowds need to be more balanced as well. as far as sights go, this is a pipe dream, but sideline interactions would be nice. aside from the cut-scenes, the turf looked pretty bad, I can't lie. I'm not sure if this is an issue with the NCAA & amateurism, but I'd like the crowds to actually have jerseys on besides in cut-scenes, and logos. Right now, just looks like some random outfits that nobody would wear to a game.