• NCAA 13 Website Details Feature Release Schedule

The official NCAA Football 13 product page has listed on the 'Playbook' page the current schedule for release in-game information as well as brief descriptions for each game area.

April 2 - Sights & Sounds
    April 17 - Gameplay
    May 7 - Dynasty
    May 28 - Heisman Challenge
    June 11 - Road to Glory

Continue on for the full description for each upcoming game announcement.

Playbook #1 - Sights & Sounds (April 2)

Revel in the pageantry of college football game days with NCAA Football 13. Featuring new team run-outs, mascots and pre-game traditions along with significantly enhanced audio and new trophy presentations, NCAA Football 13 will deliver the passion and excitement of college football to fans across the nation.

Check back April 2 for further details, assets and insights from the development team.

Playbook #2: Gameplay (April 17)

With a new passing system that changes the way quarterbacks and receivers play and respond, combined with a new read and react defensive AI system, NCAA Football 13 delivers greater realism on the virtual gridiron.
    Check back April 17 for further details, assets and insights from the development team.

Playbook #3: Dynasty (May 7)

Game days come to life with mid-game updates featuring a new studio analyst, plus enhanced commentary from NCAA Football veterans Kirk Herbstreit and Brad Nessler. Recruiting now goes deeper than ever with the addition of dynamic grades and the ability to scout players. Plus, there are even more ways to interact with your Dynasty from the web.

Check back May 7 for further details, assets and insights from the development team.

Playbook #4: Heisman Challenge (May 28)

There are familiar faces on the field in NCAA Football 13, which now features a selection of former Heisman Trophy winners. With the new Heisman Challenge mode, fans have the ability to utilize the skill set of a legendary Heisman Trophy winner in a quest to match his award-winning historical performances and win the Heisman trophy once again.

Check back May 28 for further details, assets and insights from the development team.

Playbook #5: Road to Glory (June 11)

The experience of being a college football superstar is now even more exciting with a new feature in Road to Glory that allows players to see and feel the game differently during key moments, increasing on-field awareness and creating amazing opportunities.

Check back June 11 for further details, assets and insights from the development team.
    Comments 97 Comments
      SmoothPancakes -
      Recruiting now goes deeper than ever with the addition of dynamic grades and the ability to scout players. Plus, there are even more ways to interact with your Dynasty from the web.
      Sweet.
      ryby6969 -
      Come on April 17th and May 7th! I guess you guys would not be able to elaborate on what it says?

Edit: Better yet, when you guys are in town I can just come hang out at the studio. You won't even know I am there. I don't need a hotel and will bring my own refreshments.
      gschwendt -
      Quote Originally Posted by ryby6969 View Post
      Come on April 17th and May 7th! I guess you guys would not be able to elaborate on what it says?
      Afraid not... not until after those dates.
      CLW -
      With a new passing system that changes the way quarterbacks and receivers play and respond
      I dunno why but this scares me. Visions of some [censored] up analog control system where you have to flick BOTH analog sticks at JUST THE RIGHT SPEED @ JUST THE RIGHT ANGLE to throw the ball or some other nonsense.

Seriously after the new putter fiasco in the TW demo I'm worried there are going to be literally ZERO games that I am able to play anymore.
      OSUCowboyofMD -
      I wonder if is in the game... and these bowls ---> should be in, i hope
      morsdraconis -
      Quote Originally Posted by CLW View Post
      I dunno why but this scares me. Visions of some [censored] up analog control system where you have to flick BOTH analog sticks at JUST THE RIGHT SPEED @ JUST THE RIGHT ANGLE to throw the ball or some other nonsense.

Seriously after the new putter fiasco in the TW demo I'm worried there are going to be literally ZERO games that I am able to play anymore.
      I'm the complete opposite. ANYTHING to be done to make the passing game more difficult would be wonderful. Right now, it's so retarded easy, it's impossible for me to have any fun with the game.
      CLW -
      Quote Originally Posted by morsdraconis View Post
      I'm the complete opposite. ANYTHING to be done to make the passing game more difficult would be wonderful. Right now, it's so retarded easy, it's impossible for me to have any fun with the game.
      Oh I agree the passing game is way too easy but I don't think "a new passing system" is necessary. Rather, real defensive AI and ratings actually affecting the accuracy of throws so that the ball actually hits the ground instead of Tecmo Bowl (completion, interception, batted down are the only possible outcomes) is the way to go.
      NatureBoy -
      Good to know. Thanks for the info.
      JeffHCross -
      Times, they are a changin'. Specific dates is very nice!
      Deuce -
      I'm with you CLW...I like 12 a lot and would hate to see 13 ruined by a poorly implemented new feature. Obviously, I'll reserve judgement until July but it does worry me a bit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      baseballplyrmvp -
      Quote Originally Posted by cdj View Post

Revel in the pageantry of college football game days with NCAA Football 13. Featuring new team run-outs, mascots and pre-game traditions along with significantly enhanced audio and new trophy presentations, NCAA Football 13 will deliver the passion and excitement of college football to fans across the nation.
      that's a biggy for me. team entrances have lost their appeal. the only mascots that i'd like to see are tommy trojan and vili the warrior. other than that, i dont care about mascots.

With a new passing system that changes the way quarterbacks and receivers play and respond, combined with a new read and react defensive AI system, NCAA Football 13 delivers greater realism on the virtual gridiron.
      no doubt the read and react defensive ai is a direct responce of all the bad feedback that defenders can still turn on a dime and make plays on the ball while having their backs to the qb the whole play. hopefully the passing system hasnt gone analog. i hated passing the ball on backbreaker. maybe its something where we control where we want the ball to land?

Game days come to life with mid-game updates featuring a new studio analyst, plus enhanced commentary from NCAA Football veterans Kirk Herbstreit and Brad Nessler. Recruiting now goes deeper than ever with the addition of dynamic grades and the ability to scout players. Plus, there are even more ways to interact with your Dynasty from the web.
      mid game updates? meh. whatever. enhanced commentary? probably means just some more new lines. if it was dynamic, imo, it would've said all new commentary system. oh well.
      dynamic grades? for recruits or school pitches or both? this will make recruiting a lot more interesting. i take it that scouting players is referring to jr's and possibly underclassmen?

There are familiar faces on the field in NCAA Football 13, which now features a selection of former Heisman Trophy winners. With the new Heisman Challenge mode, fans have the ability to utilize the skill set of a legendary Heisman Trophy winner in a quest to match his award-winning historical performances and win the Heisman trophy once again.
      probably wont play this a whole lot, but it could be a fun thing.

Playbook #5: Road to Glory (June 11)

The experience of being a college football superstar is now even more exciting with a new feature in Road to Glory that allows players to see and feel the game differently during key moments, increasing on-field awareness and creating amazing opportunities.
      maybe being able to watch the plays from a player's perspective on the sideline?
      ram29jackson -

Check back May 28 for further details, assets and insights from the development team.

will this be in addition to the other first person mode or take the place of it? nevermind, i didnt read the bottom of it till now

and is Cappelletti there or not ? LOL
      JeffHCross -
      Quote Originally Posted by baseballplyrmvp View Post
      mid game updates? meh. whatever.
      I don't need a "studio analyst", but I did enjoy back on the PS1 when you'd be playing a Dynasty game and see score updates from other Dynasty games that were "ongoing". It was a pretty neat touch. Though that was when I was competing solely with CPU teams. With today's ODs, I generally couldn't care less about the results of CPU games. In Dynasty though ...
      illwill10 -
      Quote Originally Posted by JeffHCross View Post
      I don't need a "studio analyst", but I did enjoy back on the PS1 when you'd be playing a Dynasty game and see score updates from other Dynasty games that were "ongoing". It was a pretty neat touch. Though that was when I was competing solely with CPU teams. With today's ODs, I generally couldn't care less about the results of CPU games. In Dynasty though ...
      It actually sounds interesting. But, as long as it isnt frequent and doesnt have bugs. I dont want to hear "_____ is up _ to _ againt ______" or something similar every game. I would be good with just ticker.
      Kingpin32 -
      I always hate waiting for new information. But these things sound promising.
      baseballplyrmvp -
      Quote Originally Posted by JeffHCross View Post
      i can understand that. for some people, they're gonna welcome this feature back with open arms. if this feature comes in the form of some glorified halftime show, then i'm not looking forward to it, mostly because its not something i particularly care about.

BUT, if there was something along the lines of "BREAKING NEWS FROM Los Angeles, #2 ranked USC has just scored a touchdown to go up by 14 over #5 ranked Oregon, with just over 4 minutes left to go in the 3rd." i dont need some stupid little halftime show, that i'll watch one time before i skip over it...but like the example above, if the mid game updates came in the form of some 1 or 2 lines of commentary at a pivotal point of a highly ranked game, then i'll change my stance a little. but if the game update is of akron and western kentucky, my reaction will be along the lines of "why in the hell do i care about that game?" lol
      jaymo76 -
      NEW trophy presentationS... hmmm, does this mean the Heisman ceremony is back and a bunch of other trophy ceremonies will be included? Also put me down for one of those people who really hopes that there is a GAMEDAYesque halftime show (though I still wish there was something with regards to a weekly wrap up show). The enhanced recruiting sounds very much like NCAA BASKETBALL 10... I'm not sure how I feel about that as I found the process time consuming and tedious. Lastly, the new passing game.... I really hope it's not analog joystick passing.
      beartide06 -
      I am VERY pleased to hear about a passing game change. I feel like the trajectory of the ball, the WR/DB interactions, and animations need to be greatly improved. Hopefully, that is improved through this change. All of the other things mentioned are equally important, and I like the ideas mentioned. Hopefully, those ideas come to fruition in a well designed manner.
      Jayrah -

I hope the Cougs finally make the run-out list . Significantly enhanced I hope means that they took the "real game sound" from last year and took it 3 steps above what it was. Really integrating the rise and fall of big plays for each team is still a big issue for me. I still don't feel like the game reels you in at the right moments. Also hope that "away" teams have some sort of crowd now that reacts with their team. That means both regular season games, rivalry games and bowls have the correct amount of representation in the sound dept, not just the looks dept. That's the type of stuff where the "passion and excitement" come into play for me. Don't get me wrong, I love the extra pregame stuff, but when that's the highlight of the passion of the game, there's a problem to me.

Greater realism is good. In fact, it's great. But I'm skeptical about a NEW system of any kind. I'm not against it, I'm totally FOR IT if done correctly. But I remain skeptical. We've been hollering for a new passing system for some time and there's 100 great ideas by this community alone that, if done correctly, would really be great. Hopefully it's done correctly (not the cone-system please god please), is semi-difficult but not stupid-difficult and doesn't break the game.
      As for the read and react defense... If it gets rid of super lbs... bring it on!!!!! If not....

I LOVE MID GAME UPDATES as NBA 2K does them, so anything in that vein would rock! Far as commentary, it may not be "dynamic commentary" the same way we think of it, but any enhanced commentary is always good. I just hope it's more than a couple lines like they've done the past 4 or 5 years. Who could this new analyst be? The analysts that come to mind are Chris Fowler in the ESPN studio, or if it's not in the studio either Desmond Howard, Jesse Palmer or Todd Blackledge. Or is it possible Erin is being replaced? There is no mention of her here after all...NAAAAH! Any of them would be welcome additions to the team in my book. Anything to break up the monotony.

Recruiting goes deeper eh? Again. I don't know how to feel. Scouting players could be interesting, or very time consuming and straining in the offseason, especially to OD's already struggling to find time to do offseason stuff, so I'm cautiously optimistic about that. To be honest I don't think it's going to be a very welcome addition overall if recruiting is basically the same with additional scouting. Dynamic grades for recruits in any capacity is an AWESOME addition though imo. Very interested to see how this shakes out.

Hopefully these are not the ONLY blogs we get. Hopefully there are general blogs and then smaller detailed blogs in between. And oh yeah, is it April 2nd yet?
      Rudy -
      I'm interested in the new passing game mechanics. I really hope they do something for a timing based system.

Studio analysts in dynasty sounds cool. Better and more dynamic commentary for specific players would be good as well.

I will still be disappointed if there isn't an option for player momentum like the speed threshold the last couple years. I simply won't buy this game if the players move and feel the same as NCAA 12.