• NCAA Football 13 and Former Heisman Winners

Since February 1st, six different pictures have surfaced on twitter relating NCAA Football 13 and former Heisman winners. Players including Eddie George, Barry Sanders, Marcus Allen, Mark Ingram, and Archie Griffin have come up with either pictures of themselves with the Heisman Trophy or in photos that appear to be taken on a set. The latest (seen above) is of Griffin sitting in front of an NCAA Football 13 backdrop.

These pictures come from the Twitter accounts of Sanders and also Sandy Sandoval, Senior Director of Athlete Relations for EA Sports. Of course it's not uncommon to see photos of Sandoval with various athletes given his job duties, however these images have surfaced with descriptions tying them to NCAA Football 13.

Continue after the break to see the images as well as links to the tweets they were pulled from and let us know what you think this might mean for the next version of NCAA Football.

@eddiegeorge27. Yes sir.
    https://twitter.com/#!/sandysandovalEA/status/164742504728625154/photo/1

On set with 95 Heisman winner Eddie George. EA Sports NCAA College football 13'
    https://twitter.com/#!/sandysandoval...960512/photo/1

Me and the @HeismanTrophy at the EA NCAA 2013 shoot - never get tired of that pose!!!
    https://twitter.com/#!/BarrySanders/status/166626439649705986/photo/1

Me and @MarcusAllenHOF at the EA NCAA 2013 shoot...
    https://twitter.com/#!/BarrySanders/status/166625804061655040/photo/1

At EA Sports NCAA 2013 shoot with @Mark_Ingram28 and @sandysandovalEA
    https://twitter.com/#!/BarrySanders/status/166625569465827329/photo/1

On set with the greatest Heisman winner of all time, Archie Griffin. The only 2 time Heisman winner.
    https://twitter.com/#!/sandysandoval...012352/photo/1

With my boyhood idle. From Eastside San Jose. My hood! Should be in Pro Football HOF. #16 Jim Plunkett
    https://twitter.com/#!/sandysandoval...691520/photo/1

I'm in San Diego doing a shoot for EASports with some other Heisman guys. (no image)
    https://twitter.com/#!/DesmondHoward...98311914049536
    Comments 38 Comments
      jaymo76 -
      Fingers crossed on a return of the Heisman Ceremony trophy presentation.
      JeffHCross -
      Jim Plunkett was posted after you put this up.

https://twitter.com/#!/sandysandoval...691520/photo/1
      JeffHCross -
      If the world revolved around Jeff, this would mean:
      • The return of historical teams, with most-accurate ratings
      • Old school playbooks, with the ability to use those plays in Created Playbooks
      • Commemorative Archie and Eddie covers
      • Downloadable backgrounds and/or PS3 themes for Archie and Eddie
      • The ability to play "Hang On Sloopy" on demand during any Online game

In reality, it's more likely the return of the Heisman ceremony, plus, possibly, an enhancement to the Road to Glory to give it more of a "Road to the Heisman" feel.
      gschwendt -
      Quote Originally Posted by JeffHCross View Post
      Jim Plunkett was posted after you put this up.
      Thank you sir.
      JeffHCross -
      Quote Originally Posted by gschwendt View Post
      Thank you sir.
      Once in a while I'm good for something
      psuexv -
      Quote Originally Posted by JeffHCross View Post
      Once in a while I'm good for something
      JBHuskers -
      Every once in a while TGT has a TMZ side
      Original1990 -
      I would like to see the heisman presentation again. Also with the running backs like Eddie George and Barry Sanders there might be a change with the running engine. Like making the cut moves back to the LB/RB and L1/R1 and using the juke with the right stick. I guess time will tell.
      champ195797 -
      I think this means there will be a greatest mode
      ram29jackson -
      they better bring in historic teams again, would be interesting on this gen/console to see those 1930s teams etc...all this just to promote a 10 second Heisman ceremony thats incredibly anti climactic after seeing it once would be a major let down..and this better not destroy RG III's chance to get on the cover
      SmoothPancakes -
      I'd much rather have D-IAA teams back than historical teams.
      ram29jackson -
      Quote Originally Posted by SmoothPancakes View Post
      yeah....if they can make a hockey and soccer game full of teams that no one ever plays with,why cant they do the same with this game..i'm not being mean, just saying that in the hockey game,theres teams i'll probably never touch
      ram29jackson -
      ....where's Cappelletti......
      jaymo76 -
      Quote Originally Posted by SmoothPancakes View Post
      +10000000000
      SmoothPancakes -
      Quote Originally Posted by ram29jackson View Post
      yeah....if they can make a hockey and soccer game full of teams that no one ever plays with,why cant they do the same with this game..i'm not being mean, just saying that in the hockey game,theres teams i'll probably never touch
      First, I can guarantee there are a bunch of people who would play with those teams, especially fans/students of those schools. Same thing with teams in the hockey and soccer games. I can absolutely guarantee that every team in the NHL and FIFA series are being played with by a bunch of people, fans of those teams and people who choose to randomly use those teams. Look at me. I did not know a single thing about FIU as of last June. Then I decided to randomly use them as my team for my CC dynasty, and now I'm a fan of the FIU program. Just because you may never use FIU in NCAA, doesn't mean there aren't others of us who are.

Just because you'll personally never touch them, doesn't mean that no one else will. Hell, I'd love to do a dynasty with a non-created/team builder DI-AA team. Same thing with soccer. I love to pick some random teams and play matches with them, try to build them up or use them as a career stepping stone, similar to what is doing in his FIFA manager career.

Now, are there people who would use historical teams? Sure, you alone have already proven that. But I'm going to venture a guess, and this is just a personal guess by me, I have no data to back this up, that there are at least double the amount of people who want and would play with DI-AA teams than with historical teams. Just because you would never use them, doesn't mean they don't deserve to be implemented into the game.
      steelerfan -
      Agreed, Smooth.

What ram miserably fails to realize is that NHL and FIFA are globally popular. Just because you don't use teams from Sweden or Korea or wherever, you have to realize that there are people in those countries who do.

Hell, on FIFA 12, I've used team's from Portugal, Germany, and England in my Career Mode.

If NHL had a deeper mode than Season Mode for the foreign teams, I'd use them too.

I also agree that FCS schools would get much more use than historic teams. ram just wants the old uniforms and equipment, which is understandable. He enjoys his virtual paperdolls and playing dress up with them. To each, his own.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using Tapatalk
      SmoothPancakes -
      Quote Originally Posted by steelerfan View Post
      Agreed, Smooth.

What ram miserably fails to realize is that NHL and FIFA are globally popular. Just because you don't use teams from Sweden or Korea or wherever, you have to realize that there are people in those countries who do.

Hell, on FIFA 12, I've used team's from Portugal, Germany, and England in my Career Mode.

If NHL had a deeper mode than Season Mode for the foreign teams, I'd use them too.

I also agree that FCS schools would get much more use than historic teams. ram just wants the old uniforms and equipment, which is understandable. He enjoys his virtual paperdolls and playing dress up with them. To each, his own.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using Tapatalk
      Yep. NHL and FIFA are HUGE around with world, so you can guarantee that every team, in every league, in both games are getting used and games played with. While I've only owned FIFA 10 for my soccer/FIFA gaming career, I love to play with different teams and different leagues. Keeps things fresh, changes things up, making things interesting.

With NHL, agreed, I'd be using a bunch more teams if they had something deeper than Season Mode for those teams. Start off playing with some foreign teams in Europe, move onto Russian teams, maybe then make my way to the NHL, stuff like that. It'd be awesome.

Well, while I know there are people out there like ram who do want historical teams, nationally, there is no doubt that FCS schools are more wanted by people than historical teams. Both have something they can bring to the game, but FCS schools are by far more needed than historical teams at this point and time in the game and series.
      jaymo76 -
      For me I love the idea of seeing (at least some) of the FCS programmes in the game for 13, though I truly don't expect it to happen. Whether playing against the teams, importing them through teambuilder into FCS generics, or actually having a FCS league/playoff, every scenerio adds to the depth of this game. For me historical teams do NOTHING. I would not use them/play against them. Yes, I would love to see the old school unis but other than that... zero appeal. FCS however, would actually be used in the most important mode... dynasty. FCS hands down!!!
      ram29jackson -
      ok guys,take a breather...I didnt poopoo the idea.. I merely said that if they can add so many teams to the other games,than they should be able to add to NCAA, that wasnt knocking anything,stop jumping to the negative with that stupid facepalm smiley everytime...I said there are teams I dont use, just like there alot of the base 120+ teams that people dont use its a fact..there are some guys so religious,they only use their teams LOL...i'm one of the few that will start a game with every team to look at every stadium etc and look at little details whether real or fictionalized...now stop having your hissyfits
      ram29jackson -
      Well, while I know there are people out there like ram who do want historical teams, nationally, there is no doubt that FCS schools are more wanted by people than historical teams. Both have something they can bring to the game, but FCS schools are by far more needed than historical teams at this point and time in the game and series.
      personal opinion/bullshit