Game Description: NCAA Football 13 continues the rich tradition and pageantry of gameday Saturday. Storm out of the tunnel with your favorite team and build a national powerhouse as you fight for your chance to win the National Championship. Make your mark and lead your team to glory with NCAA Football 13.
Cover Athletes: Baylor QB Robert Griffin III and 1988 Heisman Trophy Winner Barry Sanders.
When does NCAA Football 13 come out? The release date for NCAA Football 13 is July 10, 2012. If you are a member of the EA SPORTS Season Ticket program, you can download the game on July 6.
Available Consoles: X-Box 360 & Playstation 3.
- Amazon (360|PS3): 5 Nike Pro Combat Downloadable Uniforms - Army, Georgia, Oklahoma State, Oregon, & Michigan State (Pic)
- Best Buy: Five Star Quarterback for Road to Glory
- GameStop: Heisman Challenge 3-Player Pack of Mark Ingram, Tim Tebow and Matt Leinart
- Wal-Mart: Prima Digital Mini Guide
- Amazon: NCAA Football 13 Strategy Guide - $12.99, normally $19.99
- Toys "R" Us: Pre-order NCAA Football 13 for $44.99 and also receive free shipping. (Posted: April 29, 2012)
- Amazon: X-Box 360 version of NCAA Football 13 listed at $44.99. (Posted: May 7, 2012)
- Amazon: PS3 version of NCAA Football 13 listed at $44.99 (Posted: May 9, 2012)
Demo Information: Currently available on X-Box Live & PlayStation Network. The demo features one Heisman Challenge match-up (of co-cover athlete Robert Griffin III) and several match-ups from Week 10: USC-Oregon, LSU-Alabama, Kansas State vs. Baylor. All match-ups consist of four three-minute quarters with Studio Updates, however the Heisman Challenge game features four five-minute quarters with defense supersimmed. Playing through the demo will unlock WR Tim Brown, RB Archie Griffin, and QB Jim Plunkett for use in Heisman Challenge in retail version. Sharing the demo with a friend will unlock five Nike Pro-Combat uniforms for use in the retail version of the game: LSU, Navy, Stanford, Boise State, Ohio State. (Pic)
Announced Features and Improvements (PS3/360):
- Newly approved kickoff rule changes - Starting 2012, teams will kick off at the 35-yard line instead of the 30. Also, touchbacks on free kicks will be moved to the 25-yard line instead of the 20 to encourage more touchbacks. Touchbacks on other plays (for example, punts that go into the end zone, or fumbles that go out of the end zone) will remain at the 20-yard line.
- All-new Pump Fake
- All-new Shovel Pass
- New Dropbacks (20+ new animations)
- New Play-Action Abort Fake
- New Play-Action Pick Up Blitz
- Throw on the Run Animations: QBs can throw on run without setting up, but throws are more difficult across their body
- Total Control Passing Mechanic: Multiple Pass Trajectories (20+ new; new zones/ball speeds); Added control with left stick
- Receiver Route Awareness: Icons dim at snap, lit up when receivers looking/able to make the catch
- 430+ New Catch Animations
- Enhanced Option Pitch
- Improved Punt Coverage
- Read & React Defenders: Both offensive and defensive players "have to see [the ball] before they can make a play on the ball." (No more 'Psychic DBs')
- Online Dynasty Live Dashboard - New behind the scenes technology for dev team to assess, repair, or prevent "Transfer Failed" issues in Online Dynasty.
- Dynamic Pitches - Some pitches change on a weekly basis. (New pitch: Playing Style, based upon stats and on-field performance.)
- Scouting - Actual ratings and overall revealed via scouting
- Breaking into Top Ten - If other schools do not show interest, team can move onto board. Prospects start with fewer teams on board. Any team has a chance at every recruit.
- Triple Threat Athletes - Athletes able to play two or three positions
- Phone Call
- Search Improvements - Faster & optimized
- New "My School" Screen - Showing current recruiting pitch ratings
- Changes to Player Transfers - New reasons for leaving: Playing Time, Broken Promises, Coach Leaving, Homesick. Try and keep players from leaving by offering recruits. Broken promises can hurt Coach Prestige. Improved transfer logic and number of transfers.
- Website Improvements: New Scouting on the Web, Complete offseason and preseason on the web
- ESPN Bottom Line Ticker (Priority Alerts, Upset Alerts, Final Alerts): Games happen in real-time, upcoming game preview
- ESPN Studio Updates: Live updates in all four quarters, updates will show one to four games. Will highlight: General & Top 25, Upset alerts, BCS updates, big days for players. Hosted by ESPN's Rece Davis.
- New game open will feature "live look-in" from Rece in-studio and then sending it out to Kirk and Brad.
- Nessler will give 'game impact' discussion based on Studio Update from Rece
- 16 former Heisman winners
- One season on any team
- Specific goals and accomplishments for each player
- Reaction Time - new gameplay feature. LT/L2 during gameplay
- Over 64 video interviews with the Heisman winners; unlocked as you play. Different stories for each player: game specific interviews, Heisman questions, Recruiting questions, Reflections on their Heisman year.
- Compete on new Heisman leaderboards
- Bonus unlockables if you win the Heisman
- Exact look from their glory days
- 3D Modeled player heads
- Retro style
- Modeled after winning year
- Load screen for game will give player facts and history
- Over 40 specific goals per player
- Improved playcalling: More passes for QBs, more rushes for RBs, more passes thrown to WRs
Road to Glory
- Difficulty Levels - Each level effects Gameplay difficulty, Coach Trust Points and XP Points (Time until starter: Freshman - 5 weeks, Varsity - 8 weeks, AA - 13 weeks, Heisman - 18 weeks)
- Kick Return (KR & PR) - Depth chart determines whether you return or not. Positions that can return: WR, S, HB, CB. New camera angles for returns.
- Reaction Time: React to the play by slowing down time and outperforming your opponent. Left Trigger activates, react to the action, release to return.
- Time Meter for Reaction Time: As you use it, your meter will drain. You auto get 20% of meter back after every play. Gain time back by completing good and great plays. (HS: 5 seconds, College: Awareness - Total Time. Cap: 10 seconds)
- Reaction Time Progression: Can use boosts to improve. Top Skill Upgrade item only one that will give Reaction Time boost.
- Unique cameras for each position
- Tuning Update: Playcall - More plays focused on you, more playbooks in HS, better all around playcalling (More passing plays for QBs, more running plays for RBs, more passing plays for WRs)
- Tuning Update: Recruiting Points - Harder to get Offensive Recruiting Points, Easier to get Defensive Recruiting Points
- New Practice Features: Scouting Report - Learn everything about your opponent before you play them. Can play on scout team preparing team for upcoming week's foe.
- Practice Facility: Offensive Field (Scout Team D & 1st Team Offense) & Defensive Field (Scout O & 1st Team Defense)
- 8 New High School Stadiums: Based on regions of US (11 total)
- New Award System & Leaderboards: Goals (Position Specific Goals & New Point System) Records: School & NCAA Records
- Leaderboards: All-American & Heisman, Varsity
- True Progressive Lighting
- Motion Blur
- New Generic Head Library: 100+ options
- Broadcast Presentation 2.0: Incorporation of ESPN style graphics into Main Menu, new broadcast wipes (halftime, NCAA Football 20th Anniversary, ESPN College Football shield), ESPN replay wipe/transition.
- Audio Improvements: New crowd mix (via ESPN and audio recorded from field), 24 new school specific chants.
- Commentary Improvements: New non-linear system, new ad lib recording technique, new stitching techniques, more to be announced.
- New trophy presentation & celebration cutscenes: rivalry, conference championship, bowl
- New Practice Field
- New stadiums: FAU, North Texas
- Stadium Updates: East Carolina, Iowa State, North Carolina, Oklahoma State, Rice, Tulane, UL Monroe, Wake Forest, more to be announced.
- More traditions: Purdue authentic entrance, Texas cheerleaders, USC song girls, Texas A&M's Reveille, WKU mascot Big Red, Oklahoma State Paddle fans, Army/Navy/Air Force/mascot parachutists, more trophies (Heroes Game, Big Ten Championship, etc.), more to be announced.
- New/updated uniforms: Arizona State, Baylor, Kentucky, Maryland, UL Lafayette, more to be announced. Over 230 new uniform pieces.
- Florida State
- West Virginia
- South Carolina
- Michigan State
- Kansas State
- Virginia Tech
- Ohio State
- Boise State
- Oklahoma State
- Notre Dame
Official Site News & Blogs:
- February 27, 2012 - Heisman Cover Vote
- February 27, 2012 - NCAA Football 13 Cover Athlete
- April 2, 2012 - 'Sights and Sounds Community' by Brian Parker
- April 2, 2012 - 'Sights and Sounds Presentation' by Jeff Ostergaard
- April 2, 2012 - 'Audio Blog' by Christian McLeod
- April 16, 2012 - 'Barry Sanders to share NCAA FOOTBALL 13 cover with Robert Griffin III' by Tony Lloyd
- April 17, 2012 - 'NCAA Football 13 - Gameplay' by Larry Richart
- April 17, 2012 - 'NCAA Football 13 - Community Gameplay' by Chris Jacobs
- May 7, 2012 - 'Dynasty Improvements' by Jordan Peterson
- May 7, 2012 - 'Dynasty Presentation' by Christian McLeod
- May 7, 2012 - 'Operation Dynasty Deep Dive' by Dave Johnson
- May 7, 2012 - 'Define the Dynasty' by Gabe Leon
- May 30, 2012 - 'NCAA Football 13 Playbook #4 - Heisman Challenge Dev Blog' by Alex Howell
- May 30, 2012 - 'NCAA Football 13 Community Blog – Heisman Challenge' by Brian Parker
- June 5, 2012 - 'How to Download the Demo' by EA SPORTS
- June 5, 2012 - 'Get the Demo' by Ben Haumiller
- June 11, 2012 - 'NCAA Football 13 Playbook #5 - Road to Glory Dev Blog' by Alex Howell
- June 11, 2012 - 'NCAA 13 Community Blog - Road To Glory' by Chris Jacobs
- June 18, 2012 - 'Making of NCAA Football 13' by EA SPORTS
- June 22, 2012 - 'Top 25 Teams in NCAA Football 13 Revealed' by MadScientist06
- June 26, 2012 - 'Top 5 Sleeper Teams in NCAA Football 13' by Sgibs7
Official NCAA Football 13 Podcasts
- March 8, 2012: Episode #1 (MP3) - Host A.J. is joined by Community Manager Justin Dewiel and Producer Ben Haumiller. They reveal the first round match-ups in the NCAA Football 13 cover vote and also discuss a few recent NCAA rule changes that will make their way into the game this year.
- April 5, 2012: Episode #2 (MP3) - Host A.J. is joined by Community Manager Justin Dewiel, Producer Ben Haumiller, and Designer Christian McLeod as they answer questions from the community surrounding presentation upgrades to the game. They also take calls via telephone from Tradition Sports' Rynoaid and The Gaming Tailgate's cdj.
- April 19, 2012: Episode #3 (MP3) - Host A.J. is joined by Community Manager Justin Dewiel, Producer Ben Haumiller, and Gameplay Designer 'The Legend' Larry Richart. They recap the gameplay improvements coming to the title and also share some other changes not announced during the Gameplay Webcast.
- May 11, 2012: Episode #5 (MP3) - Host A.J. and crew take a deep dive into NCAA Football 13 Dynasty improvements in a discussion with Presentation Designer Christian McLeod and Dynasty Designer Jordan Peterson.
- June 18, 2012: Episode #6 (YouTube) - In Episode 6 of the official NCAA Football 13 Podcast, we talk to NCAA Football Designer Alex Howell about all the new enhancements to the Road to Glory game mode!
NCAA Football 13 Playbook Webcasts
- NCAA Football 13 Playbook 1 - Sights & Sounds (April 3)
- NCAA Football 13 Playbook 2 - Gameplay (April 17)
- NCAA Football 13 Playbook 3 - Dynasty (May 7) [Part 1 - Part 2]
- NCAA Football 13 Playbook 4 - Heisman Challenge (May 30)
- NCAA Football 13 Playbook 5 - Road to Glory (June 11)
Community and Media Articles & Interviews:
- November 12, 2011 - Kotaku: 'Chaotic Conference Alignments Scramble College Football’s Video Game, Too' by Owen Good
- February 27, 2012 - ESPN The Gamer: 'Robert Griffin III covers 'NCAA Football 13'' by Jon Robinson
- February 27, 2012 - ESPN The Gamer: 'Robert Griffin III talks video games, draft' by Jon Robinson
- April 2, 2012 - ESPN The Gamer: 'NCAA Football 13 - Sights and Sounds' by Jon Robinson
- April 2, 2012 - Game Informer: 'NCAA Football 13 - Coming Out of the Tunnel' by Matthew Kato
- April 2, 2012 - IGN: 'NCAA Football 13 - The Tradition of Traditions' by Greg Miller
- April 3, 2012 - GamerLive.TV: 'EA Integrates Battlefield 3 Paratrooper into NCAA Football 13' by John Gaudiosi
- April 4, 2012 - Kotaku: 'USC’s Song Girls Finally Immortalized in a Video Game' by Owen Good
- April 6, 2012 - Operation Sports: 'NCAA Football 13 Interview - Sights and Sounds' by Steve Noah
- April 17, 2012 - ESPN Video Games: 'Barry Sanders Talks NCAA13 Cover' by Jon Robinson
- April 17, 2012 - ESPN Video Games: 'NCAA Football 13 ends psychic defense' by Jon Robinson
- April 17, 2012 - IGN: 'Tweaking the Gameplay of NCAA Football 13' by Greg Miller
- April 17, 2012 - Kotaku: 'A Backup Quarterback Pushes You to be Better in NCAA Football 13' by Owen Good
- April 17, 2012 - Game Informer: 'NCAA Football 13 Strengthens Its Aerial Attack' by Matthew Kato
- April 18, 2012 - Kotaku: 'The Spartans Will Fight in the (Correct) Shade in NCAA Football 13' by Owen Good
- April 21, 2012 - Tradition Sports: 'TSO-GC's NCAA Football '13 Gameplay Impressions' by David Schad
- April 22, 2012 - The Gaming Tailgate: 'Impressions of NCAA Football 13 Gameplay' by Tommy Gschwend
- April 24, 2012 - The East Carolinian: 'Boneyard section to appear in NCAA ‘13' by Jordan Anders
- April 30, 2012 - Game Time (Chicago Now): 'Interview With 'NCAA Football 13' Producer Ben Haumiller' by Kush (Audio Interview)
- May 7, 2012 - Game Informer: 'NCAA 13 Makes Its Dynasty Pitch' by Matthew Kato
- May 9, 2012 - ESPN Video Games: ''NCAA Football 13' retools recruiting' by Jon Robinson
- May 10, 2012 - Kotaku: 'NCAA Football’s Dynasty is Back in Action—but First, Here’s Rece Davis with an Update' by Owen Good
- May 11, 2012 - Kotaku: 'There’s a New Way to Pitch in NCAA Football' by Owen Good
- May 30, 2012 - Games Radar: 'NCAA Football 13 preview' by Rich Grisham
- May 30, 2012 - Games Radar: 'Box Score - The Podcast 010 Parts 1 and 2' by Rich Grisham
- May 31, 2012 - ESPN Video Games: 'Legends return for Heisman Challenge' by Jon Robinson
- May 31, 2012 - Kotaku: 'Even Heisman Winners Have Video Game Fantasies, and That’s NCAA Football 13’s New Mode' by Owen Good
- June 4, 2012 - IGN: 'E3 2012: Slow Your Role in NCAA Football 13's Heisman Mode' by Mitch Dyer
- June 14, 2012 - Kotaku: 'Running Backs Should Deliver the Most Enjoyable Reaction Time in NCAA 13' by Owen Good
- June 20, 2012 - Kotaku: 'How Long Can NCAA Remain Above the Anger Against Madden?' by Owen Good
- June 21, 2012 - Kotaku: 'College Football’s New Postseason Presents a Few Options for NCAA Football to Run' by Owen Good
- June 27, 2012 - ESPN Playbook: 'Marcus Allen talks 'NCAA 13,' USC' by Jon Robinson
NCAA Football 13 - Playbook #1: Sights and Sounds Teaser Video
NCAA Football 13 - Motion Blur
Machinima - IG Extended: NCAA Football 13
G4TV - NCAA Football 13 Presentation Preview
GTTV - NCAA Football 13 Gameplay Reveal: Passing Game Improvements
NCAA Football 13 - Gameplay Sizzle Video
G4TV - NCAA Football 13 Gameplay Preview
NCAA Football 13 Draft Night Premiere
NCAA Football 13 - Dynasty Trailer
NCAA Football 13 - Gameplay USC Intro with Rece Davis In Studio
NCAA Football 13 RAW Gameplay - USC vs Oregon - Part 2
NCAA Football 13 - Gameplay Clips feat. Maryland & Michigan
NCAA Football 13 - Heisman Challenge Trailer
NCAA Football 13 - FIRST LOOK at Scouting when you start your Dynasty
NCAA Football 13 - Trailer
NCAA Football 13 - Everything that's in the Demo
NCAA Football 13 at E3: SEE Gameplay of Doug Flutie in game
NCAA Football 13 at E3: SEE Gameplay of Desmond Howard in game
NCAA Football 13 CPU vs CPU Gameplay from E3 - West Virginia @ Texas
EA SPORTS NCAA Football 13: Gameplay Footage from E3 (USC vs. Akron) [Courtesy: Dynasty League Gaming]
NCAA Football 13 at E3: SEE Gameplay of Barry Sanders in game
NCAA Football 13 CPU vs CPU Gameplay from E3 - Georgia Tech vs Clemson
E3 2012: Whats new with NCAA Football 13? Producer Ben Haumiller Gives Us The Word [Courtesy: Konsole Kingz]
Producer Ben Haumiller discusses the NEW Studio Updates in NCAA Football 13
NCAA Football 13 at E3: Alabama at Oregon [Courtesy: MaddenMatrix.com]
NCAA Football 13 at E3: Maryland Terp Dynasty [Courtesy: MaddenMatrix.com]
NCAA Football 13 - Road to Glory Trailer
The Making of NCAA Football 13 - Character Animation & Design
The Making of NCAA Football 13 - New Passing Game
RAW Unedited Look at Dynasty Recruiting in NCAA Football 13