• Who should be the NCAA Football 13 Cover Athlete?

Who do you want to see on the cover of NCAA Football 13? Each year, some of the first game-related info surrounding NCAA Football is of the cover athlete. Last year, fans voted for the NCAA Football 12 cover athlete and it seems logical to expect some sort of fan voting once again given the success of cover votes for NCAA 12, Madden NFL 12 and Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 13.

The Gaming Tailgate asked our Twitter followers and Facebook fans to tell us who they would like to see on the cover of NCAA Football 13 this coming July. Taking their requests, we have formulated a list of potential candidates for the NCAA 13 cover. Continue on to see who we feel are the favorites and vote for your pick, players on the radar and a brief look at players who are on track to grace the cover of NCAA Football in the future.

FAVORITES:

WR Justin Blackmon, Oklahoma State - The 2010 and 2011 Biletnikoff Award winner, Blackmon has been one of the most high profile offensive players in the country during his college career.

QB Robert Griffin III, Baylor - The 2011 Heisman Trophy winner has helped bring Baylor out of the Big XII cellar with a 10-win season in 2011.

RB LaMichael James, Oregon - Arguably the most explosive running back in the country the last three seasons, James has helped the Ducks appear in three consecutive BCS games.

QB Case Keenum, Houston - The Houston QB will leave college football as the NCAA's all-time leader in total passing yards, touchdowns and completions.

QB Andrew Luck, Stanford - Considered the likely top pick in the 2012 NFL Draft, Luck has helped Stanford to consecutive BCS games.

QB Kellen Moore, Boise State - The four-year starter and two-time All-American is the winningest quarterback in NCAA history with a 50-3 record.

RB Trent Richardson, Alabama - In 2011, he accumulated over 2,000 yards of total offense to go with 24 touchdowns as the Crimson Tide won their second BCS National Championship in three seasons.

QB Brandon Weeden, Oklahoma State - The former baseball player has set numerous school passing records at Oklahoma State, surpassing his coach, Mike Gundy.

QB Russell Wilson, Wisconsin - The NC State transfer helped Wisconsin win the inaugural Big Ten Championship Game and his 33 touchdown passes are second most in conference history.

Longshots (based upon Community Suggestions from Twitter and Facebook)

WR Ryan Broyles, Oklahoma
    DB Morris Claiborne, LSU
    LB Lavonte David, Nebraska
    DE Melvin Ingram, South Carolina
    WR Alson Jeffery, South Carolina
    LB Dre Kirkpatrick, Alabama
    LB Luke Kuechly, Boston College
    DT Devon Still, Penn State
    RB David Wilson, Virginia Tech
    WR Kendall Wright, Baylor

Up-and-comers (Future editions of the game)

RB Montee Ball, Wisconsin
    QB Matt Barkley, USC
    QB Collin Klein, Kansas State
    DB Tyrann Mathieu, LSU
    QB Braxton Miller, Ohio State
    WR Sammy Watkins, Clemson

Vote in our poll and share with us whom you want to see on the cover of NCAA Football 13.
    Comments 42 Comments
      onikuno -
      Ryan Broyles all the way. Show some love for the new all-time NCAA (FBS) career leader in receptions!
      Iron Dragon -
      RG3, can't argue against the Heisman winner.
      NatureBoy -
      Robert Griffin III. For a future edition of the game, I would like to see South Carolina RB Marcus Lattimore on the cover.

JBHuskers -
      I'd be happy with RGIII or Blackmon.
      steelerfan -
      I'd say RG3, or Luck.

Lol at someone (probably snoop or Eric) suggesting Devon Still. Great player, but I can't see any marketing people okaying Penn State.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using Tapatalk
      JBHuskers -
      Quote Originally Posted by steelerfan View Post
      I'd say RG3, or Luck.

Lol at someone (probably snoop or Eric) suggesting Devon Still. Great player, but I can't see any marketing people okaying Penn State.

Yeeeeah, you might as well put Sandusky on the cover.
      mew3782 -
      RG Thrizzle. Distant second: Kuechly.
      Bohica1010 -
      Russell Wilson, but I think Montee Ball deserves it more for the season he had with almost 2000 yards and being tied with Barry Sanders while still having a stud like RW at QB.
      steelerfan -
      Quote Originally Posted by Bohica1010 View Post
      Russell Wilson, but I think Montee Ball deserves it more for the season he had with almost 2000 yards and being tied with Barry Sanders while still having a stud like RW at QB.
      Ball isn't eligible because he is returning to Wisconsin.

morsdraconis -
      You people are such sheep. Baa!BlackmanBaa! Baa!GriffinBaa!

Ridiculous. :rolleyes:
      steelerfan -
      Quote Originally Posted by morsdraconis View Post
      You people are such sheep. Baa!BlackmanBaa! Baa!GriffinBaa!

Ridiculous. :rolleyes:
      Why do you care? You're not buying the game. Again.

psuexv -
      It'll be Luck. He'll be the number 1 pick in the draft and will get the nod.
      OSUCowboyofMD -
      BLACKMON or WEEDEN! Go pokes!
      CLW -
      I'd like to see Luck but I have a feeling it will be some RGIII cheddar.
      morsdraconis -
      Why do you care? You're not buying the game. Again.

I haven't bought the game since '10.
      illwill10 -
      Do you guys want multi covers athletes or just a single cover athlete?
      For me it doesnt really matter.
      I believe they would want a marketable guy and a well known athlete. That is why I mainly see Luck or RG3, maybe Blackmon. All good character guys and well-known around sports. I doubt Richardson because Mark Ingram won it last year.
      I think they might do the Voting Poll again this year to decide the Cover. I really hope that we dont have to Like/Follow them on FB/Twitter to get info this year like last year
      mkhsfz -
      I voted for James cause I'm a Ducks fan, but it would be great to have one player from the top 5 to 10 teams.
      Rudy -
      I don't have any strong feelings. I voted for RGIII but I would be fine with Blackmon, Luck or James. Kellen Moore would be good too. I wouldn't want to see Richardson after Ingram got the call last year.
      psusnoop -
      I'd say RG3, or Luck.

Lol, wasn't I, can't handle that kind of press hahahaha.

I'm good with RGIII he has earned it.
      RazorbackFan10 -
      what about Joe Adams? Best punt returner in college football!