• Stat Box Stories Introduces the Bowl Blitz Invitational

As some of you may already know, Stat Box Stories is a great community site that uses NCAA Football 12, Madden NFL 12, NHL 12, and FIFA 12 to play games, record statistics, post video highlights, and tell the stories of games played every week. With Bowl Season beginning next Saturday, December 17th, Stat Box Stories is trying to rally some interested guest writers to the cause of trying to create statistical write-ups of all of the Bowl Games for this 2011-2012 season.

If you have yet to read a write-up over at the blog site, here is the most recent example of work done using NCAA Football 12: the Army-Navy Game. Here also is the link to the guide for guest writers--Write a Guest Story--to give you some idea of what is looked for from guest contributors. Our own psuexv here at The Gaming Tailgate actually contributed the first guest story for the site this week, which you can read here: New York Islanders at Pittsburgh Penguins in NHL 12.

Continue on to learn how to help write a guest story for Stat Box Stories for any of the great bowls this postseason and to sign-up.

If you think you might be interested in contributing a Bowl Game write-up for publication at Stat Box Stories, consider the following guidelines below and then comment on this post with the game you would like to play:
    • Bowl Games in NCAA Football 12 can be played on whichever difficulty you like, so long as you specify it.
    • Bowl match-ups should be played in the designated bowl (obviously), and try to replicate the time of day for the bowl game.
    • Quarter lengths on the blog so far have been 7 minutes, but as long as you're playing at least 5 minute quarters you'll be fine.
    • Even if you use named rosters, the write-ups and statistical tracking should reference the player's position and number as though you were playing the game right out of the box. It takes a little bit of extra work when you're collecting the information--trust me, I do it every week--but it's not difficult.
    • If you sign up to do one of the Bowl Games, it must be completed and submitted before the game is played in real life so that it can be posted before the game.
    • Submissions will be emailed to paakaa10@gmail.com.

For the list of bowl games looking for volunteers, visit this post.

If Stat Box Stories can get a write-up and statistics for every single Bowl Game, they will consider awarding a prize for the guest contributor whose game result (final score) most closely matched the actual result of the game in real life. In the event of a tie, the tie-breaker would be whichever game had the closest offensive yards for each team in the game compared to the real-life statistics.

If there are any questions, please comment and paakaa10 will try to answer them; otherwise, sign up for the game you're interested in playing, and good luck!
    Comments 126 Comments
      Paakaa10 -
      You can view the page at http://www.thegamingtailgate.com/for...z-Invitational
      Paakaa10 -
      Quote Originally Posted by cdj View Post
      Brian,

Sign me up for the Capital One Bowl to start. I'll probably volunteer for more soon.

I'll post this in the News now.
      Thanks for taking a game and for sharing this on the main page, Chris; hopefully the word will get around and we can get a lot of people involved on this!
      JeffHCross -
      Great idea Brian; I had a similar idea back in college for our Student TV station but I couldn't get anyone else to buy in. Now I see it on ESPN, for goodness sake. I don't have the time to help out, but if you want to bounce any ideas off me, you know where to find me.
      xRomo9 -
      Good Stuff Brian
      psusnoop -
      Good stuff, I gotta decide on a game or two then I'll post here.

Anton stole PSU
      Paakaa10 -
      Quote Originally Posted by psusnoop View Post
      Good stuff, I gotta decide on a game or two then I'll post here.

Anton stole PSU
      Haha sorry about that; I figured--since there are a number of Penn State guys here--that it might be snagged early. Anything you might be interested in doing, I'd appreciate it!
      Paakaa10 -
      The first Bowl Game of the season--the New Mexico Bowl between and --has now been posted at Stat Box Stories here: http://statboxstories.wordpress.com/...a-football-12/

Still looking for people who might want to play the other two December 17th Bowl Games so we can go 3-for-3 on opening weekend.
      JBHuskers -
      Paakaa, sign me up to do the Baylor / Washington game as we see how RGIII completes his career after winning the Heisman.
      psuexv -
      Quote Originally Posted by Paakaa10 View Post
      The first Bowl Game of the season--the New Mexico Bowl between and --has now been posted at Stat Box Stories here: http://statboxstories.wordpress.com/...a-football-12/

Still looking for people who might want to play the other two December 17th Bowl Games so we can go 3-for-3 on opening weekend.
      LOL, that pick/fumble in the 4th was crazy.
      Paakaa10 -
      Quote Originally Posted by JBHuskers View Post
      Paakaa, sign me up to do the Baylor / Washington game as we see how RGIII completes his career after winning the Heisman.
      I was wondering how long it would take somebody to go with the RGIII game haha; thanks JB!

Quote Originally Posted by psuexv View Post
      LOL, that pick/fumble in the 4th was crazy.
      Indeed; in the span of about 2 seconds, I went from "sealed the game!" to "why is he jumping?" to "oh crap" haha. Thank you again for taking two games to stay on track for this weekend, by the way. I am maintaining hope that we might be able to account for all of the bowl games.
      JBHuskers -
      I was wondering how long it would take somebody to go with the RGIII game haha; thanks JB!

Indeed; in the span of about 2 seconds, I went from "sealed the game!" to "why is he jumping?" to "oh crap" haha. Thank you again for taking two games to stay on track for this weekend, by the way. I am maintaining hope that we might be able to account for all of the bowl games.
      Yeah I don't think I've played with Baylor since release week...excited to do so!
      JBHuskers -
      Do you want us to restrict to just the highlight videos or is it okay to record the game and do highlights from there?
      psusnoop -
      Haha sorry about that; I figured--since there are a number of Penn State guys here--that it might be snagged early. Anything you might be interested in doing, I'd appreciate it!
      I'll do the Beef O Brady's Bowl game FIU vs Marshall before December 20th.

*I didn't edit this post to fix my mistake I just was double checking to make sure I got it right
      Paakaa10 -
      Quote Originally Posted by JBHuskers View Post
      Do you want us to restrict to just the highlight videos or is it okay to record the game and do highlights from there?
      Whichever is easier, honestly. I'm doing it through the highlight videos because it takes less time with the number of entries I'm doing each week; if you want to record off the Hauppauge, that's even better.

Quote Originally Posted by psusnoop View Post
      I'll do the Beef O Brady's Bowl game FUI vs Marshall before December 20th.
      Sounds great, man; thanks for volunteering!
      Paakaa10 -
      The first Bowl Blitz Invitational guest contribution is now posted, as our very own psuexv took on the Famous Idaho Potato Bowl as the Utah State Aggies against the Ohio Bobcats. Check out his write-up here: http://statboxstories.wordpress.com/...a-football-12/

This entry is a great example of what I'm looking for from guest contributors, just in case anyone is still on the fence about volunteering for games. You don't need to invest multiple hours of your spare time; just do as much as you can.

Thanks psuexv!
      steelerfan -
      Nice job, Eric.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using Tapatalk
      psuexv -
      Quote Originally Posted by steelerfan View Post
      Nice job, Eric.

Except for the fact that Ohio had their way with me
      steelerfan -
      Except for the fact that Ohio had their way with me
      Just like the Islanders did.

psuexv -
      Quote Originally Posted by steelerfan View Post
      Just like the Islanders did.

Yeah I'm not doing real well in these things. Maybe the New Orleans bowl will turn out a little better
      steelerfan -
      Yeah I'm not doing real well in these things. Maybe the New Orleans bowl will turn out a little better