• Stat Box Stories Introduces the Bowl Blitz Invitational

As some of you may already know, Stat Box Stories is a great community site that uses NCAA Football 12, Madden NFL 12, NHL 12, and FIFA 12 to play games, record statistics, post video highlights, and tell the stories of games played every week. With Bowl Season beginning next Saturday, December 17th, Stat Box Stories is trying to rally some interested guest writers to the cause of trying to create statistical write-ups of all of the Bowl Games for this 2011-2012 season.

If you have yet to read a write-up over at the blog site, here is the most recent example of work done using NCAA Football 12: the Army-Navy Game. Here also is the link to the guide for guest writers--Write a Guest Story--to give you some idea of what is looked for from guest contributors. Our own psuexv here at The Gaming Tailgate actually contributed the first guest story for the site this week, which you can read here: New York Islanders at Pittsburgh Penguins in NHL 12.

Continue on to learn how to help write a guest story for Stat Box Stories for any of the great bowls this postseason and to sign-up.

If you think you might be interested in contributing a Bowl Game write-up for publication at Stat Box Stories, consider the following guidelines below and then comment on this post with the game you would like to play:
    • Bowl Games in NCAA Football 12 can be played on whichever difficulty you like, so long as you specify it.
    • Bowl match-ups should be played in the designated bowl (obviously), and try to replicate the time of day for the bowl game.
    • Quarter lengths on the blog so far have been 7 minutes, but as long as you're playing at least 5 minute quarters you'll be fine.
    • Even if you use named rosters, the write-ups and statistical tracking should reference the player's position and number as though you were playing the game right out of the box. It takes a little bit of extra work when you're collecting the information--trust me, I do it every week--but it's not difficult.
    • If you sign up to do one of the Bowl Games, it must be completed and submitted before the game is played in real life so that it can be posted before the game.
    • Submissions will be emailed to paakaa10@gmail.com.

For the list of bowl games looking for volunteers, visit this post.

If Stat Box Stories can get a write-up and statistics for every single Bowl Game, they will consider awarding a prize for the guest contributor whose game result (final score) most closely matched the actual result of the game in real life. In the event of a tie, the tie-breaker would be whichever game had the closest offensive yards for each team in the game compared to the real-life statistics.

If there are any questions, please comment and paakaa10 will try to answer them; otherwise, sign up for the game you're interested in playing, and good luck!
    Comments 126 Comments
      Paakaa10 -
      Quote Originally Posted by psuexv View Post
      I was thinking Top 5 individual rushing performances, passing etc
      It'll take a while to put all of the information together and compile it--since the statistics are saved in multiple spreadsheets--but there's no reason I can't get those numbers put together eventually.
      steelerfan -
      I vote for Eric to do it.
      psusnoop -
      Quote Originally Posted by steelerfan View Post
      psuexv -
      Quote Originally Posted by steelerfan View Post
      If I had access to all the spreadsheets I would
      Paakaa10 -
      It's been a crazy last month+ for my wife and me, but we finally closed on our first house together and we're moving in 100% this coming weekend from our present apartment. That said, at Stat Box Stories this week I've put together a series of entries tracking the top performances in many statistical categories as requested by Eric well over a month ago. Three entries have been posted already, with more to come through the weekend:

Special Teams Statistics Breakdown

Defensive Statistics Breakdown

Receiving Statistics Breakdown
      JeffHCross -
      Quote Originally Posted by Paakaa10 View Post
      It's been a crazy last month+ for my wife and me, but we finally closed on our first house together and we're moving in 100% this coming weekend from our present apartment.
      Congrats!