• Stat Box Stories Introduces the Bowl Blitz Invitational

As some of you may already know, Stat Box Stories is a great community site that uses NCAA Football 12, Madden NFL 12, NHL 12, and FIFA 12 to play games, record statistics, post video highlights, and tell the stories of games played every week. With Bowl Season beginning next Saturday, December 17th, Stat Box Stories is trying to rally some interested guest writers to the cause of trying to create statistical write-ups of all of the Bowl Games for this 2011-2012 season.

If you have yet to read a write-up over at the blog site, here is the most recent example of work done using NCAA Football 12: the Army-Navy Game. Here also is the link to the guide for guest writers--Write a Guest Story--to give you some idea of what is looked for from guest contributors. Our own psuexv here at The Gaming Tailgate actually contributed the first guest story for the site this week, which you can read here: New York Islanders at Pittsburgh Penguins in NHL 12.

Continue on to learn how to help write a guest story for Stat Box Stories for any of the great bowls this postseason and to sign-up.

If you think you might be interested in contributing a Bowl Game write-up for publication at Stat Box Stories, consider the following guidelines below and then comment on this post with the game you would like to play:
    • Bowl Games in NCAA Football 12 can be played on whichever difficulty you like, so long as you specify it.
    • Bowl match-ups should be played in the designated bowl (obviously), and try to replicate the time of day for the bowl game.
    • Quarter lengths on the blog so far have been 7 minutes, but as long as you're playing at least 5 minute quarters you'll be fine.
    • Even if you use named rosters, the write-ups and statistical tracking should reference the player's position and number as though you were playing the game right out of the box. It takes a little bit of extra work when you're collecting the information--trust me, I do it every week--but it's not difficult.
    • If you sign up to do one of the Bowl Games, it must be completed and submitted before the game is played in real life so that it can be posted before the game.
    • Submissions will be emailed to paakaa10@gmail.com.

For the list of bowl games looking for volunteers, visit this post.

If Stat Box Stories can get a write-up and statistics for every single Bowl Game, they will consider awarding a prize for the guest contributor whose game result (final score) most closely matched the actual result of the game in real life. In the event of a tie, the tie-breaker would be whichever game had the closest offensive yards for each team in the game compared to the real-life statistics.

If there are any questions, please comment and paakaa10 will try to answer them; otherwise, sign up for the game you're interested in playing, and good luck!
    Comments 126 Comments
      Paakaa10 -
      Big thank you to psuexv and psusnoop for signing up for MORE Bowl Games after already contributing; you're helping keep the goal of all Bowl Games alive, guys!

The site just had two more entries added to it for the Bowl Blitz Invitational:
      gschwendt -
      Give me the GoDaddy Bowl (of course) and the Sun Bowl.
      steelerfan -

Way to get a shot in on attention-whore JB, snoop.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using Tapatalk
      morsdraconis -
      Quote Originally Posted by steelerfan View Post

Way to get a shot in on attention-whore JB, snoop.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using Tapatalk

I noticed that too.

psusnoop -
      Thought you guys might enjoy that
      psusnoop -
      I'll be doing the Independence Bowl tonight after my annual game against Arkansas State (Tommy). Lets go San Jose State, represent! hahaha
      psuexv -
      Nice come from behind victory Brian.
      Paakaa10 -
      Just one entry for the Bowl Blitz Invitational today, but it goes to OT!

2011 Poinsettia Bowl -- TCU Horned Frogs at Louisiana Tech Bulldogs by psuexv
      Paakaa10 -
      A new post from a new contributor to the Bowl Blitz Invitational as The Gaming Tailgate's biggest Southern Miss fan plays his team's Bowl Game:

2011 Sheraton Hawai'i Bowl -- Nevada Wolf Pack at Southern Miss Golden Eagles by souljahbill
      Paakaa10 -
      As a post-Christmas gift from Stat Box Stories, here are two new entries for the Bowl Blitz Invitational:

Paakaa10 -
      Two more entries in the Bowl Blitz Invitational today, including one from Owen Good of Kotaku.com:

2011 Belk Bowl -- Louisville Cardinals at NC State Wolfpack by Owen Good

2011 Military Bowl -- Toledo Rockets at Air Force Falcons by Paakaa10
      Paakaa10 -
      The push to get entries written for all 35 Bowl Games is about to hit a "high-water mark" as a number of Bowl Games remain unclaimed and will need to be played in the next few days in order to get on the blog before the game is played in real life. If you have any interest in playing one of the following games, please sign up now so that we can try to stay on schedule:

2011 Music City Bowl -- vs.
      Game will be played on Friday, December 30th; write-up, stats, highlights, etc. must be turned in by end of day Thursday, December 29th.

2011 Meineke Car Care Bowl of Texas -- vs.
      Game will be played on Saturday, December 31st; write-up, stats, highlights, etc. must be turned in by end of day Friday, December 30th.

2011 Kraft Fight Hunger Bowl -- vs.
      Game will be played on Saturday, December 31st; write-up, stats, highlights, etc. must be turned in by end of day Friday, December 30th.

2011 Liberty Bowl -- vs.

2011 Chick-fil-A Bowl -- vs.
      Paakaa10 -
      The week continues with more entries for the Bowl Blitz Invitational:

psuexv -
      Brian - nice work on the Little Caesar's Bowl. 7 point difference I really didn't think anyone would get closer than my 11 points in the Idaho Potato Bowl.

Sign me up for the Music City Bowl
      Paakaa10 -
      Quote Originally Posted by psuexv View Post
      Brian - nice work on the Little Caesar's Bowl. 7 point difference I really didn't think anyone would get closer than my 11 points in the Idaho Potato Bowl.
      Now I just have to think about what prize I'm going to give myself if we get all 35 Bowl Games covered and that's still the closest result to the real life score haha.

Sign me up for the Music City Bowl
      We need to add a title for you here at TGT; instead of "Donator", it could be "Bowl Blitz Invitational MVP"! Thanks man!
      JBHuskers -
      Quote Originally Posted by Paakaa10 View Post
      Two more entries in the Bowl Blitz Invitational today, including one from Owen Good of Kotaku.com:

2011 Belk Bowl -- Louisville Cardinals at NC State Wolfpack by Owen Good

2011 Military Bowl -- Toledo Rockets at Air Force Falcons by Paakaa10
      You got the Toledo score pretty close!

I'm doing my write-up for the Alamo Bowl right now. Will get it over to you once I finish.
      Paakaa10 -
      Quote Originally Posted by JBHuskers View Post
      You got the Toledo score pretty close!
      I wonder if anyone will even get one team's score exactly right when it comes to comparing the NCAA Football 12 playthrough to the real-life game. psuexv came pretty close tonight with Texas (2 points off) but the Cal score was a full 45 points off to make it the most "off" game yet!
      JBHuskers -
      Quote Originally Posted by Paakaa10 View Post
      I wonder if anyone will even get one team's score exactly right when it comes to comparing the NCAA Football 12 playthrough to the real-life game. psuexv came pretty close tonight with Texas (2 points off) but the Cal score was a full 45 points off to make it the most "off" game yet!
      I can see Baylor putting up 52 on Washington. They're 99th in the nation in points given up.
      Paakaa10 -
      Two more entries in the Bowl Blitz Invitational today as the Bowl Games keep coming fast and furious!

Paakaa10 -
      I just signed myself up for some extra games--the Kraft Fight Hunger Bowl ( at ) and AutoZone Liberty Bowl ( at )--which leaves only two games left to be played and submitted by Friday night:

Meineke Car Care Bowl of Texas -- at
      Chick-fil-A Bowl -- at

Any takers?