• Join The Gaming Tailgate's College Bowl Mania Group

The bowl match-ups have been set, beginning with the New Mexico Bowl (Temple vs. Wyoming) and ending with the BCS National Championship Game (LSU vs. Alabama).

Do you think you can predict bowl winners? Join TGT's group in ESPN.com's College Bowl Mania and show your knowledge - or supreme guessing ability.

Continue on for complete information and instructions on signing up for the group.

To join, head to the College Bowl Mania page at ESPN.com and create an entry, search for The Gaming Tailgate and enter in password TGTBowls

This year we will be using a Confidence system. The bowl season begins on December 17, so study up and get your picks made in-time!

Group ID: 2804
    Group Name: The Gaming Tailgate
    Password: TGTBowls

Feel free to let co-workers, friends and family know about the group. The more, the merrier!

Good luck!
    Comments 42 Comments
      cdj -
      You can view the page at http://www.thegamingtailgate.com/for...wl-Mania-Group
      Wolverines05 -
      Is there a prize for winning amongst the group? looks like a lot of fun!
      cdj -
      Quote Originally Posted by Wolverines05 View Post
      I think I can work on something....
      SmoothPancakes -
      Quote Originally Posted by Wolverines05 View Post
      Quote Originally Posted by cdj View Post
      I think I can work on something....
      Tickets for 4 with round trip airfare for the Super Bowl or NCAA Men's Basketball Championship game.
      ram29jackson -
      NHL 12
      ram29jackson -
      can you make picks as it progresses or do you have to make them all before it all starts ?
      gschwendt -
      Quote Originally Posted by ram29jackson View Post
      can you make picks as it progresses or do you have to make them all before it all starts ?
      Pretty sure you can pick each one within an hour before kickoff.
      ram29jackson -
      pretty much picked all mine last night anyway since i found the -spreads/odds- but how does the confidence thing work?

as it looks, the Penn St vs Houston game is the weirdest match up of them all LOL... Houston is +5.5 but is that to reel you in and Penn State wins the game by 2...LOL...are they trying to say that even though Penn St held bigger schools to lesser points that they cant stop Houston? because I doubt the Houston D can stop Penn State.....?

LOL sorry gschwendt, But I initially am going with NIU
      cdj -
      NHL 12
      I'm leaning towards offering a game as the big prize. I'll keep NHL 12 in mind.

pretty much picked all mine last night anyway since i found the -spreads/odds- but how does the confidence thing work?
      The 'confidence' indicates how many points you will earn if you are correct in your pick. For example, if you have 32 points assigned to Houston defeating Penn State and that happens, you get 32 points. Basically, put the higher number of points on those games in which you are sure you have the winner correct.
      ram29jackson -
      I later figured that out..but ..is there a rating somewhere..for.. I am trying to think some how..the bigger the game, the more important the confidence rating..but ,..some one could have a lesser game rated at 35 and win it while someone can have the National champ rated 35 and it means the same thing.....so..not sure how valid/interesting that is?
      psusnoop -
      Quote Originally Posted by cdj View Post
      I'm leaning towards offering a game as the big prize. I'll keep NHL 12 in mind.

The 'confidence' indicates how many points you will earn if you are correct in your pick. For example, if you have 32 points assigned to Houston defeating Penn State and that happens, you get 32 points. Basically, put the higher number of points on those games in which you are sure you have the winner correct.
      Ouch that hurts Chris
      psusnoop -
      I later figured that out..but ..is there a rating somewhere..for.. I am trying to think some how..the bigger the game, the more important the confidence rating..but ,..some one could have a lesser game rated at 35 and win it while someone can have the National champ rated 35 and it means the same thing.....so..not sure how valid/interesting that is?
      Interesting and valid in that for example: I'm willing to bet $100 that LSU beats Bama and bet $1.00 that Temple beats Wyoming so instead of money you put a number with that in this case 35 for the LSU game and 1 for the Temple game.
      ram29jackson -
      Quote Originally Posted by psusnoop View Post
      Ouch that hurts Chris

they are trying to lure you in...you really think Houston can score with that defensive line attacking the Houston QB ?

Penn State held Nebraska to 17..you think Houston can do better than that? Houstons defenders wont be able to tackle as well either i dont think...right now....
      ram29jackson -
      who is bigbenfsu ?
      psusnoop -
      who is bigbenfsu ?
      Ben Haumiller but that is just a guess
      ram29jackson -
      Quote Originally Posted by psusnoop View Post
      Ben Haumiller but that is just a guess
      LOL that was my first assumption and thats why I asked, I didnt know he may have buddied up with a couple of these guys to be a part of a little internet sports bowl pick fun. Kind of cool to have a minor celebrity in the mix....if thats not someone being an impersonator ? LOL
      Solidice -
      a 50 yard FG away from a perfect 3-0 on the first day, but still managed to be in first for now. I even had 30 points on SDSU.
      ram29jackson -
      Quote Originally Posted by Solidice View Post
      a 50 yard FG away from a perfect 3-0 on the first day, but still managed to be in first for now. I even had 30 points on SDSU.
      LOL its the first 3 bowls dude, usually very insignificant in the long run
      Solidice -
      LOL its the first 3 bowls dude, usually very insignificant in the long run
      since it's based on confidence points rather than just straight win/loss, missing out on 30 points could be big.
      SmoothPancakes -
      Quote Originally Posted by Solidice View Post
      since it's based on confidence points rather than just straight win/loss, missing out on 30 points could be big.
      It's ram, just ignore him.