• NCAA Football 12 Title Update #4 Details

EA SPORTS has posted a new blog detailing the contents of Game Update #4, expected to be available on Tuesday, November 8.

UPDATE - 11/8: The patch is now available on PS3 and 360. Share your thoughts on the patch in the comments below.

The update will address online desync issues, Road to Glory play-calling, and Online Dynasty transfer fail issues.

Continue on to read full details of the game update.

Hey Everyone, Ben Haumiller here with the announcement that Title Update #4 is targeted to be available on Tuesday, November 8th. Here are the details on what's included in Title Update #4:

Online Desync fix

We've fixed a desync that was occurring when performing pre-play adjustments from the 3-4 Under defensive formation.

Road to Glory

We've fixed an issue with the playcalling AI where running plays were called too often in situations where a passing play should be called. This was most noticeable when trailing late in a game with a running back RTG character.

Online Dynasty – Transfer Failed

There are a few different issues that are causing Transfer Failed notifications in Online Dynasties. The majority of people ran into this error when attempting to upload data (i.e. game result, recruiting info, etc.). The fix for this issue involved more than we could do on the server side alone, and that fix is included in this Title Update. There will also be a server deployment necessary to complete the fix for these Transfer Failed issues. At this time, it looks like that server deployment will happen shortly after the Title Update is available. Once we know the exact date of the deployment we will be sure to pass the info along.

As for the remaining Transfer Failed issues, we are continuing to investigate server side fixes for these issues.

This concludes what will be included in Title Update #4. Due to additional gameplay risk involved to fix issues related to prospect tendencies in Dynasty mode, we’ve decided to forego addressing via a Title Update. To provide a little background on the tendencies issue, there are some portions of the game that convert a value to get the correct tendency, while other portions do not make this conversion. We were able to fix the tendency issue in the portions of the game that do the conversions through the Title Update, however fixing the other instances would require modification of database data, stored procedures, and code. Rather than risk the potential for this fix to cause other major data issues in Dynasty mode, the decision has been made to apply the proper fix in NCAA Football 13. Thank you for all of your support throughout the year.
    Comments 72 Comments
      Pig Bomb -
      Quote Originally Posted by cdj View Post

EA SPORTS has posted a new blog detailing the contents of Game Update #4, expected to be available on Tuesday, November 8.

The update will address online desync issues, Road to Glory play-calling, and Online Dynasty transfer fail issues.

Hey Everyone, Ben Haumiller here with the announcement that Title Update #4 is targeted to be available on Tuesday, November 8th. Here are the details on what's included in Title Update #4:

Online Desync fix

We've fixed a desync that was occurring when performing pre-play adjustments from the 3-4 Under defensive formation.

Road to Glory

We've fixed an issue with the playcalling AI where running plays were called too often in situations where a passing play should be called. This was most noticeable when trailing late in a game with a running back RTG character.

Online Dynasty – Transfer Failed

There are a few different issues that are causing Transfer Failed notifications in Online Dynasties. The majority of people ran into this error when attempting to upload data (i.e. game result, recruiting info, etc.). The fix for this issue involved more than we could do on the server side alone, and that fix is included in this Title Update. There will also be a server deployment necessary to complete the fix for these Transfer Failed issues. At this time, it looks like that server deployment will happen shortly after the Title Update is available. Once we know the exact date of the deployment we will be sure to pass the info along.

As for the remaining Transfer Failed issues, we are continuing to investigate server side fixes for these issues.

This concludes what will be included in Title Update #4. Due to additional gameplay risk involved to fix issues related to prospect tendencies in Dynasty mode, we’ve decided to forego addressing via a Title Update. To provide a little background on the tendencies issue, there are some portions of the game that convert a value to get the correct tendency, while other portions do not make this conversion. We were able to fix the tendency issue in the portions of the game that do the conversions through the Title Update, however fixing the other instances would require modification of database data, stored procedures, and code. Rather than risk the potential for this fix to cause other major data issues in Dynasty mode, the decision has been made to apply the proper fix in NCAA Football 13. Thank you for all of your support throughout the year.

You can view the page at http://www.thegamingtailgate.com/for...date-4-Details
      can someone explain this a little more...i remember hearing about this waaay back... i recall CPU teams would recruit players [say a scrambling QB] and then once at the school their tendency would change, so the "scrambling" QB would become a pocket passer etc....

can anyone confirm and give more details on the exact issues and how it would effect online dynasties????
      thanks
      Sinister -
      Really they need to fix wr play, lag in db jumping for ints, super lb's need toned down. game needs to feel more fluid. Am I the only one who see this .
      Unconquered -
      Depressing.

The whole tone of Ben's post reads like a hit and run: "Sorry guys, this game is so f***ed we're just gonna wait till NCAA 13 to fix it. Thanks for your money!"

I really thought they'd at least fix the ridiculous "you've reached the minimum allowed plays for your coaching strategy" BS, which has just about ruined custom playbooks for me. It's not a custom playbook if I have to take plays and formations I don't want.

Anyway, lesson learned. I'm not buying NCAA on launch day anymore. I'll buy a used copy in late September/October when NCAA 13 is inevitably patched.
      Pig Bomb -
      the online dynasty site still has the "coming soon" tab...when is "soon"??? it's almost 2012!!
      shockscape -
      Remember the good ole days, before high speed internet?
      keyser soze -
      Ugggggghhhhh.... "As for the remaining Transfer Failed issues, we are continuing to investigate server side fixes for these issues."
      Gotmadskillzson -
      I am highly disappointed I am not going to lie. Another year where they spend the whole year trying to fix one issue and in the end they can't fix the issues and say wait until next year.Honestly they could have told us this information at the beginning of October. Online stuff and RTG......SMH. Also my biggest gripe is the fact they invested all this time and money in a tuner system but they don't even use it. Tuner system been in this series since NCAA 10. From to 10 to 12, we have had a total of 2 tuners.....In one hand I am glad they FINALLY admitted everytime they fix something they BREAK something else and opted out of breaking this game even further. For NCAA 13 they need to re-code the engine. Since it clearly obvious their engine wasn't coded correctly to begin with. Which is why everytime they try to correct something, something else breaks. I also find it ironic the year they decide to do a tv show and try to be tv superstars with their making of NCAA 12, is also the same year their game is the most buggiest out of the entire series for this generation of consoles. Talk about a PR nightmare.
      oweb26 -
      LOL, this has to be or at least really close to being the last title update. Is this a patch or one of those other things they are able to do? I don't really play the game much anymore but if I was still interested I think I would be slightly upset.
      keyser soze -
      can't really be upset any more.... can we? at some point I think the bar will be so low that the thought of, "well i just hope this game/update doesn't corrupt my entire game console so I can play my other games" is a real possibility! LOL

but to be upset at this point? we have more time in trouble shooting problems on people's systems then they do.
      RussellWilson -
      Why doesn't EA fix the linebackers? well super linebackers. I had my passes swatted like at least 50+ times in two games.
      RussellWilson -
      Or at least the weather. Why does it seem like it rains every game i play? I doubt that a team plays half their games in the rain..... and where is the fog? isn't their suppose to be foggy games? What happened to that?
      CLW -
      Honestly, I'm surprised we got more than #3. 12 has so..... much potential but falls just short due to the annoying flaws/bugs. At this point, I'd honestly prefer the team turn its attention to 13 b/c title updates/tunes at this point in the cycle is pretty pointless IMHO.
      SmoothPancakes -
      Quote Originally Posted by CLW View Post
      Honestly, I'm surprised we got more than #3. 12 has so..... much potential but falls just short due to the annoying flaws/bugs. At this point, I'd honestly prefer the team turn its attention to 13 b/c title updates/tunes at this point in the cycle is pretty pointless IMHO.
      Yeah, as unfortunate as it is, and bad as it sounds, it's time for the team to just cut it's losses with 12 and move onto 13. It's November 1st tomorrow. They need to focus 100% of their resources towards 13 instead of splitting part of it towards 12 and the rest towards 13, otherwise we're going to have the same problems with 13.
      gigemaggs99 -
      Quote Originally Posted by SmoothPancakes View Post
      Yeah, as unfortunate as it is, and bad as it sounds, it's time for the team to just cut it's losses with 12 and move onto 13. It's November 1st tomorrow. They need to focus 100% of their resources towards 13 instead of splitting part of it towards 12 and the rest towards 13, otherwise we're going to have the same problems with 13.
      Yes but if they do that what good with places like this forum be?

It's freaking SICK how many posts and time have been put into discussing patches and "please fix this part or that part"....wouldn't it be nice to have a good game and come on here to talk strategy, or X's and O's?

Instead the HUGE majority of posts are on patches. That seems flawed.
      jaymo76 -
      Quote Originally Posted by SmoothPancakes View Post
      Agreed. Get what enjoyment you can out of 12 and wait for 13. I have finally got back into playing 12 after a long pause and I am having fun. I have learned to look past the issues that bug me. I know it's frustrating but the next version of this game is eight months away and that has to be where the fixes be focused.
      JBHuskers -
      Quote Originally Posted by jaymo76 View Post
      Agreed. Get what enjoyment you can out of 12 and wait for 13. I have finally got back into playing 12 after a long pause and I am having fun. I have learned to look past the issues that bug me. I know it's frustrating but the next version of this game is eight months away and that has to be where the fixes be focused.
      Yeah outside of not being able to continue a 4-man OD I was in, I've had enjoyment with the other 3 I'm doing.
      bdoughty -
      Quote Originally Posted by gigemaggs99 View Post
      Yes but if they do that what good with places like this forum be?

It's freaking SICK how many posts and time have been put into discussing patches and "please fix this part or that part"....wouldn't it be nice to have a good game and come on here to talk strategy, or X's and O's?

Instead the HUGE majority of posts are on patches. That seems flawed.
      That good sir is the internet in action. You will find this same issue with pretty much any game under the sun.

NBA 2K12 got really nice reviews, what are the kids over on that forum (2ksports.com) talking about. Probably all threads pertaining to the pros and cons of the Triangle offense and discussion on how the ABA has influenced today's game more than any player. Real hard hitting stuff.

All threads on the first page.

Sticky Thread Sticky: Language and Flaming
      (not a very good start, a good game should have mild mannered posters that discuss things rationally and never need to go down this road, because of course the game is good)
      Anybody else hoping Live gets it right next time??? (Why would anyone want to discuss NBA Live on a board dedicated to NBA 2k12 with a Metacritic score of 91 for the 360 and PS3).
      2K took away control of your player in 2k12 with animations (damn those evil 2k programmers, how on earth did this game get a 91 metacritic score)
      anyone know how 2 turn off the zone balloons (Manuel? Old joke from a baseball movie Joe Mantegna was in)
      Weird, and Unexplainable... (metacritc score of 91, therefore it should be Sane and Explainable)
      ?I don't get it? (Exactly)
      My Player. Trades truly s.u.c.k.s. (M.e.t.a.c.r.i.t.c. of 91 calls you on this B.S.)
      shooting bug (go down a few thread, problem solved)
      Any1 else doesn't start MY PLAYER untill next patch? (This child was left behind)
      Is YOUR My Player Team "STACKED"? ( * ) ( * ) ?
      pc? (Mac?)
      Did i make a mistake? (Ask the PC guy)
      D Wade! (D Racist)
      PC Player's:Server's are up again (They might be up but nobody can get a game in)
      Predetermined Shots? (Premature Right Stick Elongation)
      Where are those high 3PTs%? (In our Online Association here at TGS by the CPU controlled teams)
      Anyone elsa having problems with incorrect playbook being used in Association mode?? (Luigi anda Mario are)
      how will i get the hall of fame goals with 7 min/quarter? (Never pass the ball?)

Petition For NBA 2K12 My Crew
      It's official! No crew coming!!
      2k WILL BRING BACK CREW

Got nothing. As you can see the majority of threads are complaints. Same goes at OS in their forum for 2K, it is just less visible as they tend to lock some of the less intelligent threads and like to clump a lot of stuff in bug/issues threads.
      JBHuskers -
      Yeah people act like NCAA is the only game with problems we need some idiotic and stupid Occupy movement....2K really shit the bed on a lot of things with NBA this year, but just like with NCAA, I'm having fun with it.
      morsdraconis -
      Quote Originally Posted by JBHuskers View Post
      Yeah people act like NCAA is the only game with problems we need some idiotic and stupid Occupy movement....2K really shit the bed on a lot of things with NBA this year, but just like with NCAA, I'm having fun with it.
      I don't see how. Playing 2k12 is just PAINFUL for me. I've had my My Player ruined by absolutely ridiculous trades (where half of my team changes from one game to the next, multiple times in a year). Playing an Association is just brutal because of the inability to run plays on offense because they just flatout don't work (or take so damn long to develop, it's disgusting) and I HATE playing street ball, so Association is killed for me as well (not to mention attempting to build a fuckin' offense is impossible because they TOTALLY fucked up custom playbooks in the game because if you call the play yourself, like 95% of the people that play Association do, you have a totally different playbook than what you set for your team).

At least with NCAA, if I wanted to, I could play a dynasty and build the offense I want to run on the field without having to spend 20 minutes each play to figure out if the play is even fuckin' viable (because it takes too long to develop, because my computer controlled players can't fuckin' execute the play correctly, or because it doesn't actually DO ANYTHING about trying to get open for a shot).

2k12 is, literally, so bad, I've went back to playing 2k11. It's really THAT bad.
      hawkeyeguy -
      I'm gonna keep bitching about superlinebackers until they are fixed. :-)