• NCAA Football 12 Title Update #4 Details

EA SPORTS has posted a new blog detailing the contents of Game Update #4, expected to be available on Tuesday, November 8.

UPDATE - 11/8: The patch is now available on PS3 and 360. Share your thoughts on the patch in the comments below.

The update will address online desync issues, Road to Glory play-calling, and Online Dynasty transfer fail issues.

Continue on to read full details of the game update.

Hey Everyone, Ben Haumiller here with the announcement that Title Update #4 is targeted to be available on Tuesday, November 8th. Here are the details on what's included in Title Update #4:

Online Desync fix

We've fixed a desync that was occurring when performing pre-play adjustments from the 3-4 Under defensive formation.

Road to Glory

We've fixed an issue with the playcalling AI where running plays were called too often in situations where a passing play should be called. This was most noticeable when trailing late in a game with a running back RTG character.

Online Dynasty – Transfer Failed

There are a few different issues that are causing Transfer Failed notifications in Online Dynasties. The majority of people ran into this error when attempting to upload data (i.e. game result, recruiting info, etc.). The fix for this issue involved more than we could do on the server side alone, and that fix is included in this Title Update. There will also be a server deployment necessary to complete the fix for these Transfer Failed issues. At this time, it looks like that server deployment will happen shortly after the Title Update is available. Once we know the exact date of the deployment we will be sure to pass the info along.

As for the remaining Transfer Failed issues, we are continuing to investigate server side fixes for these issues.

This concludes what will be included in Title Update #4. Due to additional gameplay risk involved to fix issues related to prospect tendencies in Dynasty mode, we’ve decided to forego addressing via a Title Update. To provide a little background on the tendencies issue, there are some portions of the game that convert a value to get the correct tendency, while other portions do not make this conversion. We were able to fix the tendency issue in the portions of the game that do the conversions through the Title Update, however fixing the other instances would require modification of database data, stored procedures, and code. Rather than risk the potential for this fix to cause other major data issues in Dynasty mode, the decision has been made to apply the proper fix in NCAA Football 13. Thank you for all of your support throughout the year.
    Comments 72 Comments
      Unconquered -
      Quote Originally Posted by ram29jackson View Post
      and maybe actually put in diving catches which they promised and I have not seen yet either.....still waiting on that improved dynasty site too......
      I was playing last night and I saw three diving/lunging catches in one game. Just make sure you have receivers with a high Spectacular Catch rating (90-95).

I don't think having high SPC actually makes a receiver any better ... it just unlocks rare animations.
      keyser soze -
      The boys over at OS make it sound like the patch did NOTHING in the way of fixing the TRANSFER FAILED issues.... unreal, wonder if it does anything at all.
      Unconquered -
      Available on Xbox 360 now.
      cdj -
      From Twitter:

EANCAAFootball - The server side update required to address the transfer fail issues with uploading game results has been deployed as well!
      keyser soze -
      Quote Originally Posted by cdj View Post
      From Twitter:
      Ahhhhh, news come from Twitter.

Has this helped ANYONE on here who is stuck with this problem? It did NOT help me, I still get the exact same TRANSFER FAILED message for every OD, even if I make a brand new one from scratch!
      hawkeyeguy -
      It's gotta be your gamertag
      bdoughty -
      Quote Originally Posted by hawkeyeguy View Post
      It's gotta be your gamertag
      I agree 100%, EA has taken over your gamertag. EA will do anything to limit bad press or people trying to hinder sales by discussing spoilers.
      hawkeyeguy -
      Quote Originally Posted by bdoughty View Post
      Nice sarcasm. I've read on OS and on other sites where people have had some problem with their gamertag and their dynasty and by changing their GT they've reported no problems.
      DariusLock -
      Did this fix the OT bug, where the home team gets two possesions on a Turnover or whatever?
      Kansacity88 -
      Quote Originally Posted by gigemaggs99 View Post
      Alaska State..... that's funny!
      Ha! Just trying to be unique, ya know?
      bogeyexpress -
      I will say this. Our OD (5 man 1* to start) survived all patches until this one. We just completed season 2 and were in the end of season recruiting. Commish advanced from week 2 to week 3 recruiting and what happens? You guessed it, server errer - TRANSFER FAIL. Subsequently. our OD vanished from the server.Way to go EA, you still SUCK!
      keyser soze -
      Oh CRAP, are you freaking serious?!?!?! So the 4th patch which was specifically designed to FIX the issue actually broke your OD with that very issue! Man, let's pray my surgeon who operates on my shoulder does NOT have the same results!

Quote Originally Posted by bogeyexpress View Post
      I will say this. Our OD (5 man 1* to start) survived all patches until this one. We just completed season 2 and were in the end of season recruiting. Commish advanced from week 2 to week 3 recruiting and what happens? You guessed it, server errer - TRANSFER FAIL. Subsequently. our OD vanished from the server.Way to go EA, you still SUCK!