• NCAA Football 12 Title Update #4 Details

EA SPORTS has posted a new blog detailing the contents of Game Update #4, expected to be available on Tuesday, November 8.

UPDATE - 11/8: The patch is now available on PS3 and 360. Share your thoughts on the patch in the comments below.

The update will address online desync issues, Road to Glory play-calling, and Online Dynasty transfer fail issues.

Continue on to read full details of the game update.

Hey Everyone, Ben Haumiller here with the announcement that Title Update #4 is targeted to be available on Tuesday, November 8th. Here are the details on what's included in Title Update #4:

Online Desync fix

We've fixed a desync that was occurring when performing pre-play adjustments from the 3-4 Under defensive formation.

Road to Glory

We've fixed an issue with the playcalling AI where running plays were called too often in situations where a passing play should be called. This was most noticeable when trailing late in a game with a running back RTG character.

Online Dynasty – Transfer Failed

There are a few different issues that are causing Transfer Failed notifications in Online Dynasties. The majority of people ran into this error when attempting to upload data (i.e. game result, recruiting info, etc.). The fix for this issue involved more than we could do on the server side alone, and that fix is included in this Title Update. There will also be a server deployment necessary to complete the fix for these Transfer Failed issues. At this time, it looks like that server deployment will happen shortly after the Title Update is available. Once we know the exact date of the deployment we will be sure to pass the info along.

As for the remaining Transfer Failed issues, we are continuing to investigate server side fixes for these issues.

This concludes what will be included in Title Update #4. Due to additional gameplay risk involved to fix issues related to prospect tendencies in Dynasty mode, we’ve decided to forego addressing via a Title Update. To provide a little background on the tendencies issue, there are some portions of the game that convert a value to get the correct tendency, while other portions do not make this conversion. We were able to fix the tendency issue in the portions of the game that do the conversions through the Title Update, however fixing the other instances would require modification of database data, stored procedures, and code. Rather than risk the potential for this fix to cause other major data issues in Dynasty mode, the decision has been made to apply the proper fix in NCAA Football 13. Thank you for all of your support throughout the year.
    Comments 72 Comments
      keyser soze -
      Wow, just visited OS board and WOW, there is a LOT more fallout then normal it seems this year.

I wonder if the massive problems are partially caused by the lack of a new platform yet. Since every year the game is simply last year's game with added and modified code, it continues to grow and grow and get more complex. This is typically "fixed" with a start over called a new platform coding which takes away most of the features and gets back down to the basic features. With the "next generation" being pushed back, I can't help but wonder if that isn't leading to an uncontrollable amount of code that no one can really handle. There might be few software coders who are still even there from the first year on the next gen systems.
      bdoughty -
      Quote Originally Posted by hawkeyeguy View Post
      I'm gonna keep bitching about superlinebackers until they are fixed. :-)
      It worked for the guys who wanted dreads. Then they got the dreads and it was not the dreads they wanted so the cycle started again.
      SmoothPancakes -
      They'll never stop bitching and moaning about dreads.
      JBHuskers -
      Quote Originally Posted by SmoothPancakes View Post
      They'll never stop bitching and moaning about everything .
      Fixed.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk
      ram29jackson -
      they arent going to fix the one thing that really made this a new game and that was the improved defense/zones etc ?

what a corporate joke ! what a waste ! they break the one thing that made it a cool game and dont even bother with it ?

pathetic,...just pathetic..it was a fairly decent game out the box, and now its a cardboard cut out, fragmented, piece of junk.

yeah, its just a game, and i'll play you guys online with it for fun. But, ultimately, from a design level, this is a freaking joke
      xMrHitStickx904 -
      I haven't put the NCAA 12 disc in my systems since August 31st.
      psusnoop -
      I'm with most here, sure would have been nice to get more out of this update but I would just rather them focus on fixing most of this stuff for NCAA 13 now. Make that game everything you had hoped 12 would be!
      keyser soze -
      EA really should simply try to make NCAA 13 what NCAA 12 was suppose to be with NOTHING more. Simply try to get all the features to WORK.
      Tendency
      Playbooks
      Zones/Man defense
      Remove super LB
      Ball trajectory
      CPU play calling (particularly at end of half/game) Fix stuff like CPU trying 60+ yard field goals with a QB
      QB footwork on options
      Roster editing without breaking game
      Conference changing without ruining schedules

And the 20 things I have forgotten about because I haven't been able to play the game for 2+ months because of the TRANSFER FAILED bug.
      psusnoop -
      Quote Originally Posted by keyser soze View Post
      EA really should simply try to make NCAA 13 what NCAA 12 was suppose to be with NOTHING more. Simply try to get all the features to WORK.
      Tendency
      Playbooks
      Zones/Man defense
      Remove super LB
      Ball trajectory
      CPU play calling (particularly at end of half/game) Fix stuff like CPU trying 60+ yard field goals with a QB
      QB footwork on options
      Roster editing without breaking game
      Conference changing without ruining schedules

And the 20 things I have forgotten about because I haven't been able to play the game for 2+ months because of the TRANSFER FAILED bug.
      That would be all jim dandy for us gamers like on here but they need to appeal to the masses and frankly we are not the masses. They are going to need to add atleast a couple or a few new wrinkles in there to appeal to the gamers that don't visit these boards. Some probably haven't had issues like we have had and some probably just write off a few as well. Bottom line though as much as you and I would love them to just put all efforts into perfecting 12 for 13 that can't happen. They have to appeal to a larger base of consumers which is going to require some new stuff. Just my 2 cents.
      JBHuskers -
      Quote Originally Posted by psusnoop View Post
      That would be all jim dandy for us gamers like on here but they need to appeal to the masses and frankly we are not the masses. They are going to need to add atleast a couple or a few new wrinkles in there to appeal to the gamers that don't visit these boards. Some probably haven't had issues like we have had and some probably just write off a few as well. Bottom line though as much as you and I would love them to just put all efforts into perfecting 12 for 13 that can't happen. They have to appeal to a larger base of consumers which is going to require some new stuff. Just my 2 cents.
      Yep. This is basically the real world in a nutshell.
      Pig Bomb -
      here's a suggestion EA... fix all the things Keyser said for us and market NEW and improved sound, crowd, and atmosphere to the masses.... i think the game has taken steps backward as far as sound goes... there just isn't a feeling of intensity or excitement in games like there is in real life

hell ...if the masses can get excited about a buffalo running out on the field or marching bands, certainly they could excited about the game sounding and feeling like real collge football
      psusnoop -
      Quote Originally Posted by Pig Bomb View Post
      here's a suggestion EA... fix all the things Keyser said for us and market NEW and improved sound, crowd, and atmosphere to the masses.... i think the game has taken steps backward as far as sound goes... there just isn't a feeling of intensity or excitement in games like there is in real life

hell ...if the masses can get excited about a buffalo running out on the field or marching bands, certainly they could excited about the game sounding and feeling like real collge football
      I for one would welcome new atmosphere and sounds for NCAA 13 and might add new Commentary as well into that grouping too.

But lets be honest here, each year EA NCAA has an obligation to make each new release is appealing and just tweaking and adding sounds just isn't going to do it. I'm not sure what would unless there is some "new" stuff added.
      keyser soze -
      How does one like me go about posting a POLL question on this site? I want to POLL for who thinks my personal TRANSFER FAILED problem will be fixed with the patch and see how much confidence there is in EA from this site being that this site is about as pro-EA as it gets. Can someone show/tell me how to do this?
      DariusLock -
      Video games get lazy when they have no competition. I wish EA had comp. in the NCAA genre.
      psusnoop -
      How does one like me go about posting a POLL question on this site? I want to POLL for who thinks my personal TRANSFER FAILED problem will be fixed with the patch and see how much confidence there is in EA from this site being that this site is about as pro-EA as it gets. Can someone show/tell me how to do this?
      Keyser, I'm sure everyone hopes that your problem is fixed and things return to normalcy for you in regards to your online dynasty.

Mentioning this site "is about as pro-EA as it gets" really doesn't change ones person's "hopes" that your problems are fixed. A poll wouldn't give you a straight answer on whether it will be fixed or not. Only the update will show you. Unless you are trying to saying something in between here, in which case it's not needed either. So either way you want to shake it a poll isn't worth it at this time. I hope that the update works for you and your friend though.
      morsdraconis -
      I can't believe with all the amazing games that have come out over the past month or two plus all the amazing games coming out this month, who the hell cares about NCAA football still?
      psusnoop -
      Quote Originally Posted by morsdraconis View Post
      I can't believe with all the amazing games that have come out over the past month or two plus all the amazing games coming out this month, who the hell cares about NCAA football still?
      NCAA football is the sole reason why I play video games. Sure others are fun and enjoyable but for me NCAA is the only one that I truly care about enough to join a forum and discuss things
      Unconquered -
      Wasn't that basically what they tried (and failed) to do with the transition from NCAA 11 to NCAA 12? Just get things to WORK?

There aren't a whole lot of new features in NCAA 12, and the biggest one (custom playbooks) is busted.

What this really all boils down to is EA's football monopoly. With no competition, EA's gotten fat and lazy. If and when they lose their chokehold on the NCAA/NFL licence, EA's gonna be in for a rude awakening.
      keyser soze -
      No, I would like to post a simple POLL with the question: "Do you think that EA's 4th patch will fix Keyser Soze's TRANSFER FAILED problem?" Just curious how many people here think it will work and how many think it will not. Just something to do until the 8th when we all get to find out.

Keyser, I'm sure everyone hopes that your problem is fixed and things return to normalcy for you in regards to your online dynasty.

Mentioning this site "is about as pro-EA as it gets" really doesn't change ones person's "hopes" that your problems are fixed. A poll wouldn't give you a straight answer on whether it will be fixed or not. Only the update will show you. Unless you are trying to saying something in between here, in which case it's not needed either. So either way you want to shake it a poll isn't worth it at this time. I hope that the update works for you and your friend though.
      razorback44 -
      Maybe its just me but I am loving '12 now.