• NCAA Football 12 Patch #2 Now Available

The second patch for NCAA Football 12 is now available on both the Playstation 3 and X-Box 360. The updated patch notes have been released by EA in a new blog. Continue below after the break for the details of what is included in the patch.

UPDATE - Info on title update #3 and "Transfer Failed" issues can be found here.

Custom Playbooks
    With this Title Update the missing play issue that led to a number of problems when using Custom Playbooks has been fixed. Not only is the issue fixed, but you will not need to recreate your playbooks! Any existing playbook will have the fix applied, and you will be able to continue using that playbook without issue.

Tendencies
    As with the Custom Playbooks resolution, the fix to the issue of edited player tendencies changing will not negate any previously edited roster file. The fix will be applied to both those existing files, as well as any new roster file that is created.

If you are in a Dynasty or Online Dynasty you will not need to restart as long as your Dynasty is still in year one and you have not advanced past “Training Results” in the off-season. If you are before this point, the update will be applied to your existing Dynasty/Online Dynasty and the tendencies will be correct for all players going forward. If you are in year two and beyond, the tendency issue impact will be less and less as the players graduate/are cut from the rosters.

In addition to the tendencies issue, we have also included both the ability to edit height and weight for players, as well as the option to edit the rosters of CPU controlled teams. In an Online Dynasty the commissioner will have the ability to edit the rosters for other human controlled teams. These were both big requests from you in the community.

Finally, a bug was fixed with the profanity filter that was preventing many common names from being entered. Now, any name can be entered, for offline use. A profanity filter is applied to Online Dynasty when the Dynasty is created. If you prefer to opt out of this filter, you can set the Dynasty to Private and the profanity check will not run.

Freezes/Crashes
    A major focus for this Title Update was to address any freezes/crashes that were found. There were a number of these issues fixed in this Title Update including a crash that occurred when there were multiple TeamBuilder teams in an Online Dynasty, as well as a crash that occurred during the downloading of an Online Dynasty file.

Gameplay

• Increased the acceleration of QB’s on Speed Option plays.
    • Improved WR blocking, especially on option plays
    • Fixed an issue where defenders assigned to play the curl to flat/buzz zone did not engage immediately when the QB scrambles past the LOS.
    • Fixed an issue where safeties with inside deep ¼ zone would drop back instead of read-and-react on run plays.
    • Fixed an issue in Nickel Cover 3 where the flat zone defender didn’t move as the QB was running at them.
    • Fixed an issue with Double Outs from 4-2-5 Normal where the RLB wasn’t blocked properly vs. certain formations.
    Highlights
    • Fixed an issue that caused a blank photo to be uploaded leading to issues with other highlights being uploaded.
    Dynasty
    • Fixed an issue in Online Dynasty where injured players did not remain injured when the week advanced.
    • Fixed an issue where a player’s injury time was only reduced by one week when going from Conference Championship week to Bowl Season. Players will now be back for their Bowl game if they should be off of the IR when their bowl game is played.
    • Fixed an issue where coaches that changed jobs could get stuck in a state where they were still listed as coaching at their old school on the Players Leaving screen, leading to a Transfer Failed issue.
    • Fixed an issue that occasionally prevented Dynasties from advancing to the post season.
    • Fixed an issue with the schedule that prevented entering the Virginia Tech vs. Boston College game (fixed for both Dynasty and RTG).
    • Fixed an issue where recruiting related trophies/achievements were not unlocked properly if you signed an extension in that season.
    • Fixed an issue with Program Stability where the grade would drop from A+ to D+ in one season.
    • Fixed an issue with the Unlock All Promises PDLC not unlocking properly on the Dynasty website.
    • When viewing an Online Dynasty invite, added information to show what type of job can be selected by default.
    • Fixed an issue when in the off-season where player stats did not match up between the web and console.
    RTG
    • Fixed an issue where CB’s could not audible after earning the ability to do so through Coach Trust.
    • Fixed an issue where HB’s could not flip the play after earning the ability to do so through Coach Trust.
    • Fixed an issue where player’s online stats were not displaying promptly on the Online Leaderboards
    Comments 447 Comments
      JBHuskers -
      AustinWolv -
      Looking forward to seeing what happens! Hope it is on 360 ASAP.
      Deuce -
      I see they didn't fix the issue of my crappy passing game!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      DariusLock -
      Downloading now.
      gschwendt -
      Very first impressions...
      1. Before you can use an existing custom playbook, you have to first go in and re-save it as a different name (presumably you can save it, delete your old one, then rename your new copy)
      2. The couple of Wildcat formations that were available before (Wildcat, & Wildcat Spread) are no longer available
      3. Several formations are duplicated with different names... Bulldog Heavy (Gator Heavy), & Pistol Diamond (Pistol Full House) are a couple of examples
      4. I think there are a couple of other formations that weren't there before but again, I think they're all just duplicates of existing ones
      Testing further now.
      gschwendt -
      I can confirm that No Huddle is indeed messed up as some others have indicated.

When no huddling, instead of going back to the formation I was just in, it goes to the first formation listed in my Shotgun set, Shotgun Bunch HB Str. It does list the original formation at the top but cycling through, it lists all of the correct formation names but all plays are still from the Shotgun Bunch HB Str formation.

As well, my old playbook was based off of Louisville and included the Wild Card formation... when I resaved it, that formation is no longer there in this playbook. I haven't tested creating a playbook with Louisville from scratch to see if it will include the Wild Card but it's certainly an issue with existing playbooks. It did however include my unique goalline, Goalline - Jumbo.
      jwallace0317 -
      Sad to hear that my current custom pb (with has not been infected with the empty play glitch) will now be screwed up when I go no-huddle.

"The community asked for it, and so we are delivering a great new feature to NCAA 13. Glitch-free custom playbooks! And, even better, we will implement 3 patches to fix any glitches that may arise when using the new glitch-free custom playbooks!"

--text copied and pasted from material prepared in advance for the NCAA 13 blog.
      gschwendt -
      Quote Originally Posted by jwallace0317 View Post
      Sad to hear that my current custom pb (with has not been infected with the empty play glitch) will now be screwed up when I go no-huddle."The community asked for it, and so we are delivering a great new feature to NCAA 13. Glitch-free custom playbooks! And, even better, we will implement 3 patches to fix any glitches that may arise when using the new glitch-free custom playbooks!"--text copied and pasted from material prepared in advance for the NCAA 13 blog.
      I don't think it has anything to do with Custom Playbooks at all... I think it's all playbooks. I was experiencing the same issue on defense with the default 4-2-5 playbook when my CPU opponent was running no huddle... I could only call plays from the first formation listed in that formation type.

It does come down to the first formation listed in each type... I called another no huddle, and I could call from Pistol - Y-Trips (first of my two Pistol formations) or Shotgun - Bunch HB Str (first of my many shotgun formations).
      jwallace0317 -
      Quote Originally Posted by gschwendt View Post
      I don't think it has anything to do with Custom Playbooks at all... I think it's all playbooks.
      Yikes.
      DariusLock -
      Yeah, it caught me off guard when it first happened. EA has delivered a game with MANY MANY flaws imho, they need to hurry up and get all this fixed.
      rhombic21 -
      LOL, it's like they're just trying to see how far they can push things now. 2 months for a patch that really has very limited content, and they still manage to mess something else up in the process of trying to fix what was broken before.

So when does Patch 3 come out? January?
      jwallace0317 -
      I'm usually of the mindset that it's useless and unproductive to expect EA to do a big mea culpa for the various fuckups in the game from year to year, but this ridiculous. After two patches we have a game which has a core gameplay component that is broken, and it's something that could have been detected with about 5 minutes of effort. A serious "we fucked up and here's what we'll do to make it right" blog post is in order. Yeah....I know. lol
      gschwendt -
      360 patch should be available tomorrow morning. Also, here are the full patch notes
      http://www.ea.com/ncaa-football/blog/title-update-2-details

Hey Everyone, Ben Haumiller here with the announcement that Title Update #2 is available now on the PS3 and will be available tomorrow (early morning), September 9thfor Xbox 360. I know everyone has been waiting anxiously for the update to arrive, and we appreciate your patience.Here’s a refresher on what was already announced as being included in title update #2 as well a couple of additional notes based on updated information since the last blog:

Custom Playbooks
      As previously noted, the missing play issue has been fixed. At the time of the last blog it was believed that all existing playbooks would be automatically fixed by this update, but we’ve learned that there are a small percentage of playbooks that are beyond repair and will need to be deleted. If you’ve never experienced a problem with your Custom Playbook feel free to continue using it as normal, but if you have had an issue prior to Title Update #2 try the playbook again. Before using the previously existing playbook you will need to first resave the playbook, once you do that you will be able to take it in-game. If everything works great, then your playbook problems are solved. If not you will need to delete that playbook and create a new one.
      One other note about previously existing custom playbooks, once you resave the playbook the audibles will be reset to default. You will need to reset your custom audibles in order to use them in-game.

Tendencies
      The fix to the issue where a player’s tendency changed when that player was edited still does not negate any previously edited roster file. The fix will be applied to both those existing files, as well as any new roster file that is created.
      If you are in a Dynasty or Online Dynasty you will not need to restart as long as your Dynasty is still in year one and you have not advanced past “Training Results” in the off-season. If you are before this point, the update will be applied to your existing Dynasty/Online Dynasty and the tendencies will be correct for all players going forward. If you are in year two and beyond, the tendency issue impact will be less and less as the players graduate/are cut from the rosters.
      In addition to the tendencies issue, we have also included both the ability to edit height and weight for players, as well as the option to edit the rosters of CPU controlled teams. In an Online Dynasty the commissioner will have the ability to edit the rosters for other human controlled teams. These were both big requests from you in the community.
      Finally, a bug was fixed with the profanity filter that was preventing many common names from being entered. Now, any name can be entered, for offline use. A profanity filter is applied to Online Dynasty when the Dynasty is created. If you prefer to opt out of this filter, you can set the Dynasty to Private and the profanity check will not run.

Freezes/Crashes
      A major focus for this Title Update was to address any freezes/crashes that were found. There were a number of these issues fixed in this Title Update including a crash that occurred when there were multiple TeamBuilder teams in an Online Dynasty, as well as a crash that occurred during the downloading of an Online Dynasty file. Also an issue was fixed where a roster file could become corrupt, causing a crash at the Press Start screen.

Gameplay
      -Increased the acceleration of QB’s on Speed Option plays.
      -Improved WR blocking, especially on option plays
      -Fixed an issue where defenders assigned to play the curl to flat/buzz zone did not engage immediately when the QB scrambles past the LOS.
      -Fixed an issue where safeties with inside deep ¼ zone would drop back instead of read-and-react on run plays.
      -Fixed an issue in Nickel Cover 3 where the flat zone defender didn’t move as the QB was running at them.
      -Fixed an issue with Double Outs from 4-2-5 Normal where the RLB wasn’t blocked properly vs. certain formations.
      -Improved the QB’s decision making on where to run after keeping the ball on a Read Option play.

Highlights
      -Fixed an issue that caused a blank photo to be uploaded leading to issues with other highlights being uploaded.

Dynasty
      -Fixed an issue in Online Dynasty where injured players did not remain injured when the week advanced.
      -Fixed an issue where a player’s injury time was only reduced by one week when going from Conference Championship week to Bowl Season. Players will now be back for their Bowl game if they should be off of the IR when their bowl game is played.
      -Fixed an issue where coaches that changed jobs could get stuck in a state where they were still listed as coaching at their old school on the Players Leaving screen, leading to a Transfer Failed issue.
      -Fixed an issue that occasionally prevented Dynasties from advancing past week 15.
      -Fixed an issue with the schedule that prevented entering the Virginia Tech vs. Boston College game (fixed for both Dynasty and RTG).
      -Fixed an issue where recruiting related trophies/achievements were not unlocked properly if you signed an extension in that season.
      -Fixed an issue with Program Stability where the grade would drop from A+ to D+ in one season.
      -Fixed an issue with the Unlock All Promises PDLC not unlocking properly on the Dynasty website.
      -When viewing an Online Dynasty invite, added information to show what type of job can be selected by default.
      -Fixed an issue when in the off-season where player stats did not match up between the web and console.
      -Fixed an issue when recruiting from the web where an incorrect error pop-up would come up claiming that you were currently recruiting on the console.
      -Fixed an issue with Custom Conferences which removed the limit to the number of swaps that could be made.
      -Fixed an issue with Custom Conferences which caused an unbalanced number of conference games among conference members.
      -Fixed an issue with Custom Conferences where the conference schedule would not be generated properly if a TeamBuilder team was used in a conference with protected rivals.

RTG
      -Fixed an issue where CB’s could not audible after earning the ability to do so through Coach Trust.
      -Fixed an issue where HB’s could not flip the play after earning the ability to do so through Coach Trust.

-Fixed an issue where player’s online stats were not displaying promptly on the Online Leaderboards.

Thank you again for your patience for the arrival of this second Title Update. I trust you will find that it has been well worth the wait.
      Dr Death -
      Has anyone told them about plays that are no longer in the game that were in prior to this patch? Shotgun 5-Wide HB is gone, so too is I-Tight... according to some posters on OS. How can this happen? Only being able to call plays from the first formation when in No-Huddle... on offense AND defense??? This is really just unbelievable.
      rhombic21 -
      Quote Originally Posted by gschwendt View Post
      Thank you again for your patience for the arrival of this second Title Update. I trust you will find that it has been well worth the wait.[/COLOR][/I]
      LOL.
      gschwendt -
      Quote Originally Posted by Dr Death View Post
      Has anyone told them about plays that are no longer in the game that were in prior to this patch? Shotgun 5-Wide HB is gone, so too is I-Tight... according to some posters on OS. How can this happen? Only being able to call plays from the first formation when in No-Huddle... on offense AND defense??? This is really just unbelievable.
      I can confirm that I-Form Tight is no longer available, however Shotgun 5-Wide HB is still there, it's just renamed to Shotgun Empty Spread... same plays, etc. as 5-Wide HB had.

As for other issues, everything I've posted (with the exception of the I-Form Tight issue) I have indeed emailed them about this evening.
      gigemaggs99 -
      So I'm really confused, do they test this before they send it out? How in the world could not see that plays are missing that were there before? When it comes down to it, I could care less about the signs in the crowd, or the jets flying over at the beginning of a bowl game, those are cool things but having the plays seems MUCH more important.

Do they test no-huddle at all? Seems like a lot of people use no-huddle and the CPU really does. Do they really work on a patch for 1 and 1/2 months and not see this?

I'm lost.

I kinda wondered if they did something, earlier today I played and it has a new advertisement for the Game of the week, Duke vs Stanford. I haven't seen that before.

The thing that's annoying to me is my OD hasn't been able to advance for 2 weeks now. Stuck at "transfer failed" hopefuly now it will advance, patch is loading now...it's going to be annoying if I can advance but now some of the plays from playbooks are missing. Seems like it worse and better at the same time.

Maybe I need to go back and buy a used copy of NCAA 11.

Seems like I remember reading one of the features of this year's game is again, to be able to run to and celebrate with your mascot....well I can't do it this year, once get into the endzone the CPU takes over the animation. Last year you could run to your mascot and celebrate. Why is this a feature that doesn't work?
      JeffHCross -
      Quote Originally Posted by rhombic21 View Post
      LOL, it's like they're just trying to see how far they can push things now.
      Give me a break. You know better.
      rhombic21 -
      Give you a break? Seriously dude, the patch took 2 months to come out, barely touched gameplay, broke numerous things that were not broken before, and didn't fix others that were supposedly going to be fixed. How can anybody do anything but laugh at this point? In what world does EA maintain any amount of credibility at this point?
      Pig Bomb -
      Quote Originally Posted by gigemaggs99 View Post
      Seems like I remember reading one of the features of this year's game is again, to be able to run to and celebrate with your mascot....well I can't do it this year, once get into the endzone the CPU takes over the animation. Last year you could run to your mascot and celebrate. Why is this a feature that doesn't work?
      they took it out at the request of the NCAA since it's now a penalty if someone does it in real life