• NCAA Football 12 Patch #2 Now Available

The second patch for NCAA Football 12 is now available on both the Playstation 3 and X-Box 360. The updated patch notes have been released by EA in a new blog. Continue below after the break for the details of what is included in the patch.

UPDATE - Info on title update #3 and "Transfer Failed" issues can be found here.

Custom Playbooks
    With this Title Update the missing play issue that led to a number of problems when using Custom Playbooks has been fixed. Not only is the issue fixed, but you will not need to recreate your playbooks! Any existing playbook will have the fix applied, and you will be able to continue using that playbook without issue.

Tendencies
    As with the Custom Playbooks resolution, the fix to the issue of edited player tendencies changing will not negate any previously edited roster file. The fix will be applied to both those existing files, as well as any new roster file that is created.

If you are in a Dynasty or Online Dynasty you will not need to restart as long as your Dynasty is still in year one and you have not advanced past “Training Results” in the off-season. If you are before this point, the update will be applied to your existing Dynasty/Online Dynasty and the tendencies will be correct for all players going forward. If you are in year two and beyond, the tendency issue impact will be less and less as the players graduate/are cut from the rosters.

In addition to the tendencies issue, we have also included both the ability to edit height and weight for players, as well as the option to edit the rosters of CPU controlled teams. In an Online Dynasty the commissioner will have the ability to edit the rosters for other human controlled teams. These were both big requests from you in the community.

Finally, a bug was fixed with the profanity filter that was preventing many common names from being entered. Now, any name can be entered, for offline use. A profanity filter is applied to Online Dynasty when the Dynasty is created. If you prefer to opt out of this filter, you can set the Dynasty to Private and the profanity check will not run.

Freezes/Crashes
    A major focus for this Title Update was to address any freezes/crashes that were found. There were a number of these issues fixed in this Title Update including a crash that occurred when there were multiple TeamBuilder teams in an Online Dynasty, as well as a crash that occurred during the downloading of an Online Dynasty file.

Gameplay

• Increased the acceleration of QB’s on Speed Option plays.
    • Improved WR blocking, especially on option plays
    • Fixed an issue where defenders assigned to play the curl to flat/buzz zone did not engage immediately when the QB scrambles past the LOS.
    • Fixed an issue where safeties with inside deep ¼ zone would drop back instead of read-and-react on run plays.
    • Fixed an issue in Nickel Cover 3 where the flat zone defender didn’t move as the QB was running at them.
    • Fixed an issue with Double Outs from 4-2-5 Normal where the RLB wasn’t blocked properly vs. certain formations.
    Highlights
    • Fixed an issue that caused a blank photo to be uploaded leading to issues with other highlights being uploaded.
    Dynasty
    • Fixed an issue in Online Dynasty where injured players did not remain injured when the week advanced.
    • Fixed an issue where a player’s injury time was only reduced by one week when going from Conference Championship week to Bowl Season. Players will now be back for their Bowl game if they should be off of the IR when their bowl game is played.
    • Fixed an issue where coaches that changed jobs could get stuck in a state where they were still listed as coaching at their old school on the Players Leaving screen, leading to a Transfer Failed issue.
    • Fixed an issue that occasionally prevented Dynasties from advancing to the post season.
    • Fixed an issue with the schedule that prevented entering the Virginia Tech vs. Boston College game (fixed for both Dynasty and RTG).
    • Fixed an issue where recruiting related trophies/achievements were not unlocked properly if you signed an extension in that season.
    • Fixed an issue with Program Stability where the grade would drop from A+ to D+ in one season.
    • Fixed an issue with the Unlock All Promises PDLC not unlocking properly on the Dynasty website.
    • When viewing an Online Dynasty invite, added information to show what type of job can be selected by default.
    • Fixed an issue when in the off-season where player stats did not match up between the web and console.
    RTG
    • Fixed an issue where CB’s could not audible after earning the ability to do so through Coach Trust.
    • Fixed an issue where HB’s could not flip the play after earning the ability to do so through Coach Trust.
    • Fixed an issue where player’s online stats were not displaying promptly on the Online Leaderboards
    Comments 447 Comments
      Architekto -
      Does anybody know what this coaching strategy min on cpb mean? I keep getting this message while creating a playbook from scratch and doesn't allow me to get rid of some formations....
      gigemaggs99 -
      Question about the patch, if someone knows.....

Is this something that goes into the system via a backdoor password and actually changes the coding of the game data? Or do they have these contengencies put in place and then unlock them?

The reason I ask, it seems like a few years back on Madden durning Breast Cancer Awareness month they somehow unlocked pink shoes, gloves, wristbands, etc... they weren't there prior to that month. Is that something they added or something that was in the code and unlocked itself like time sensative data?

The reason I ask, ASU's new unis look pretty sweet to me. Is this something they can add or would it already need to be in there and then they unlock it? Either way, hopefully they will have them for NCAA 13. I like them
      Paakaa10 -
      Quote Originally Posted by gigemaggs99 View Post
      Question about the patch, if someone knows.....

Is this something that goes into the system via a backdoor password and actually changes the coding of the game data? Or do they have these contengencies put in place and then unlock them?

The reason I ask, it seems like a few years back on Madden durning Breast Cancer Awareness month they somehow unlocked pink shoes, gloves, wristbands, etc... they weren't there prior to that month. Is that something they added or something that was in the code and unlocked itself like time sensative data?
      I don't know for certain on this. I do know, however, that the EA SPORTS NHL series has uniforms on the game disc that are locked away at first until a password is released at a later date; typically once all of the locked uniforms have been debuted in real life. It isn't a patch that unlocks them, however, so I'm not sure there's any connection.

As for when Madden NFL 11 introduced the Breast Cancer Awareness presentation elements; I believe that was released as part of a post-release patch. I don't think it was anything as fancy as a time-release unlock. Though that does give me fond memories of arcade gaming and fighting games like Tekken and Soul Calibur where extra characters got unlocked after the machine had been on a set number of days.

The reason I ask, ASU's new unis look pretty sweet to me. Is this something they can add or would it already need to be in there and then they unlock it? Either way, hopefully they will have them for NCAA 13. I like them
      Arizona State's new uniforms are in NCAA Football 12... mostly. The new gold helmet and the new black helmet are in, and the jerseys and pants are in as well. I believe the brown and white helmets are not in the game, though I don't think ASU has worn them this season yet.

EDIT: Bringing back the photogenic side of the game.

Lohusker -
      Here is what I have noticed:

Tuning patch downloaded for me tonight, this didn't come up last night after the title patch loaded. Did they not release together? Could that be why some are seeing differences on what is fixed and what isn't?

While I Tight doesn't show up in the customize program, it does show up when using the cpb in game (if you originally had I Tight in your cpb I presume)

When using triangle (PS3) for hurry-up, it is keeping me in the same formation and not going to shotgun as reported. Is the bug only when you use the aggressive tempo selection? Also, I was trying this in a play now game, not OD.

Something seems messed up with speed option now from SG. QB is taking a strange bucket step towards the line before you can head outside. It is almost like he is doing a read option or something. It prevents you from getting to the corner quick enough. Weren't they supposed to improve QB acceleration for speed option? It seems worse.
      AustinWolv -
      And I appreciate your analogy, but let's be honest, designing notebook computers and understanding an offense are two totally different things.
      Not necessarily.
      Just because you understand an offense doesn't mean that you know how to code it and make logic algorithms (or whatever programmers use) to make it come to life in the game and work like a real player, just like some guy saying to add this feature or that attribute to a notebook computer because it would help an user with this or that knows how to actually design it to make that feature work correctly or be manufactured correctly.

In both cases, you have outside 'knowledge' that wants to share how to improve a product, but doesn't really 'know' what it takes to make that actually happen in the product design. That is what engineers/programmers are for and what EA should be striving to do.......product requirements in place that the programmers know what to meet and have a measurable method to know they met them........

Right now......their focus appears to be on adding/refining marketable features, not fixing the core fundamentals of football gameplay. And that hasn't changed in the next-gen series. As has been said for the past couple years now.....we're kind of stuck with what is there until the next-gen comes out IMO, because they seem to have a base code package that they keep using over and over.
      ram29jackson -
      Quote Originally Posted by SmoothPancakes View Post
      suure, steal my ideas LOL buuuut nooo, stealerfan doesnt make fun of you , oh no, LOL
      Unconquered -
      Quote Originally Posted by Architekto View Post
      Does anybody know what this coaching strategy min on cpb mean? I keep getting this message while creating a playbook from scratch and doesn't allow me to get rid of some formations....
      It seems it has nothing to do with the number of plays in your playbook (I was getting that message with 350 plays in my book). It just seems that there are certain plays that CANNOT be removed from custom playbooks.

Your best bet is to choose a base playbook that matches your custom playbooks as closely as possible.
      TheRezyReb -
      Well, there are def some changes that were made that are not listed in the blog! No huddle isn't the same for offense or defence. It no longer defaults to the previous play.... now goes to a base play out of the basic formation. Also, I have noticed that I don't have all of my special team plays i.e. onside return, normal punt return(all I get is punt block/punt man safe). Anyone else having issues with special teams?
      TheRezyReb -
      I have noticed that I don't have all of my special team plays i.e. onside return, normal punt return(all I get is punt block/punt man safe).
      As far as the "wild cat formations" they are still there, if you use a team that has them in their base playbook. I use Ole Miss, so when building a custom playbook the "WILD REBEL" dosen't show up as a play that I can install, however it is defaulted(?) in the sg set during the game. I'm strictly an online guy, so aside from the dico glitch and the running back walk thing, the game was fine, really no complaints--- UNTIL NOW! That being said, even with the no huddle issues(no I don't use it), it's still very playable.... face it we all have 3-5 plays that we pimarily like out of diff formations on offense and defence. AUDIBLES people! The no huddle issue has pro's and con's.... I like the fact that some asshat can't run no huddle goaline toss/counter for 95 yards, that being said, I'don't like the fact that I'm very limited on the "D" that I can call.
      oweb26 -
      Quote Originally Posted by TheRezyReb View Post
      Well, there are def some changes that were made that are not listed in the blog! No huddle isn't the same for offense or defence. It no longer defaults to the previous play.... now goes to a base play out of the basic formation. Also, I have noticed that I don't have all of my special team plays i.e. onside return, normal punt return(all I get is punt block/punt man safe).
      To get your special teams play you now have to actually go to the special teams formation and select the play instead of one formation its actually like four I think. So when it defaults up you still need to hit b so you can select a play also the y button no lonher brings up the proper play anymore either same concept as above.

Sent from my A500 using Tapatalk
      Architekto -
      Quote Originally Posted by Unconquered View Post
      It seems it has nothing to do with the number of plays in your playbook (I was getting that message with 350 plays in my book). It just seems that there are certain plays that CANNOT be removed from custom playbooks.

Your best bet is to choose a base playbook that matches your custom playbooks as closely as possible.
      Yeah, I guess that was the issue before. Maybe those formations if removed pre-patch, would cause the zero play glitch. Anyway, I did find a playbook that had most of the formations I wanted but it locked 4 formations that I didn't want lol
      keyser soze -
      Quote Originally Posted by Lohusker View Post
      Here is what I have noticed:

Tuning patch downloaded for me tonight, this didn't come up last night after the title patch loaded. Did they not release together? Could that be why some are seeing differences on what is fixed and what isn't?

While I Tight doesn't show up in the customize program, it does show up when using the cpb in game (if you originally had I Tight in your cpb I presume)

When using triangle (PS3) for hurry-up, it is keeping me in the same formation and not going to shotgun as reported. Is the bug only when you use the aggressive tempo selection? Also, I was trying this in a play now game, not OD.

Something seems messed up with speed option now from SG. QB is taking a strange bucket step towards the line before you can head outside. It is almost like he is doing a read option or something. It prevents you from getting to the corner quick enough. Weren't they supposed to improve QB acceleration for speed option? It seems worse.
      LOL, yes. They added the canned read option QB animation to the freaking SG and pistol options..... this would be truly unbelievable and I would be really upset if it was anyone but EA. However, I am learned to be happy with an EA product if I can get it to simply work.
      Pig Bomb -
      Quote Originally Posted by AustinWolv View Post
      Right now......their focus appears to be on adding/refining marketable features, not fixing the core fundamentals of football gameplay. And that hasn't changed in the next-gen series. As has been said for the past couple years now.....we're kind of stuck with what is there until the next-gen comes out IMO, because they seem to have a base code package that they keep using over and over.
      nail on the head!
      TheRezyReb -
      Quote Originally Posted by oweb26 View Post
      To get your special teams play you now have to actually go to the special teams formation and select the play instead of one formation its actually like four I think. So when it defaults up you still need to hit b so you can select a play also the y button no lonher brings up the proper play anymore either same concept as above.

Sent from my A500 using Tapatalk
      Let me be more specific..... the only play I have available is normal kick off return, I don't have the ability to call onside return.. lost a game because off this! I'm not worried about the punt return as I always use man safe.
      TheRezyReb -
      Another thing I'm having a problem with post patch... 1-5-5 cover 4, when the lb moves around/from behind los to go cover a wr/te he hits the D lineman and I get a penalty, this happens almost everytime I call the play.
      TheRezyReb -
      Whowa... jusf found a new formation out of nickle! 3-4 nickle package, is this new, or have I just never noticed it?
      souljahbill -
      Ok, I haven't downloaded the patch yet (I only have time to game on weekends) but I want to know: If I had ZERO problems with my playbook before the patch, will I probably still need to make a new playbook post-download? My playbook is all Pistol with the exception of Wildcat Spread and Maryland I.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      gschwendt -
      Quote Originally Posted by souljahbill View Post
      Ok, I haven't downloaded the patch yet (I only have time to game on weekends) but I want to know: If I had ZERO problems with my playbook before the patch, will I probably still need to make a new playbook post-download? My playbook is all Pistol with the exception of Wildcat Spread and Maryland I.

My suggestion is yes. Some really wonky things happen when you convert your playbook (which you have to do).
      SmoothPancakes -
      Quote Originally Posted by souljahbill View Post

I would like to know this too. I have my custom playbook, based off of Navy's offense, exactly how I want it, with certain plays and formations added, and some formations and/or plays removed. I really don't want to try and recreate it, especially since I created it the day the game came out, and I haven't touched it once since that day.

Edit - Nevermind, just saw G's answer.
      gschwendt -
      Obviously you're still welcome to try but I suggest going through the converted playbook with a fine tooth comb. Very first thing to look at is if your play total wasn't full before, it might be now.

One almost definite thing it will do is add the audibles from the original base playbook, which if you were near capacity before, will dump some of your added plays and/or formations.