• NCAA Football 12 Patch #2 Now Available

The second patch for NCAA Football 12 is now available on both the Playstation 3 and X-Box 360. The updated patch notes have been released by EA in a new blog. Continue below after the break for the details of what is included in the patch.

UPDATE - Info on title update #3 and "Transfer Failed" issues can be found here.

Custom Playbooks
    With this Title Update the missing play issue that led to a number of problems when using Custom Playbooks has been fixed. Not only is the issue fixed, but you will not need to recreate your playbooks! Any existing playbook will have the fix applied, and you will be able to continue using that playbook without issue.

Tendencies
    As with the Custom Playbooks resolution, the fix to the issue of edited player tendencies changing will not negate any previously edited roster file. The fix will be applied to both those existing files, as well as any new roster file that is created.

If you are in a Dynasty or Online Dynasty you will not need to restart as long as your Dynasty is still in year one and you have not advanced past “Training Results” in the off-season. If you are before this point, the update will be applied to your existing Dynasty/Online Dynasty and the tendencies will be correct for all players going forward. If you are in year two and beyond, the tendency issue impact will be less and less as the players graduate/are cut from the rosters.

In addition to the tendencies issue, we have also included both the ability to edit height and weight for players, as well as the option to edit the rosters of CPU controlled teams. In an Online Dynasty the commissioner will have the ability to edit the rosters for other human controlled teams. These were both big requests from you in the community.

Finally, a bug was fixed with the profanity filter that was preventing many common names from being entered. Now, any name can be entered, for offline use. A profanity filter is applied to Online Dynasty when the Dynasty is created. If you prefer to opt out of this filter, you can set the Dynasty to Private and the profanity check will not run.

Freezes/Crashes
    A major focus for this Title Update was to address any freezes/crashes that were found. There were a number of these issues fixed in this Title Update including a crash that occurred when there were multiple TeamBuilder teams in an Online Dynasty, as well as a crash that occurred during the downloading of an Online Dynasty file.

Gameplay

• Increased the acceleration of QB’s on Speed Option plays.
    • Improved WR blocking, especially on option plays
    • Fixed an issue where defenders assigned to play the curl to flat/buzz zone did not engage immediately when the QB scrambles past the LOS.
    • Fixed an issue where safeties with inside deep ¼ zone would drop back instead of read-and-react on run plays.
    • Fixed an issue in Nickel Cover 3 where the flat zone defender didn’t move as the QB was running at them.
    • Fixed an issue with Double Outs from 4-2-5 Normal where the RLB wasn’t blocked properly vs. certain formations.
    Highlights
    • Fixed an issue that caused a blank photo to be uploaded leading to issues with other highlights being uploaded.
    Dynasty
    • Fixed an issue in Online Dynasty where injured players did not remain injured when the week advanced.
    • Fixed an issue where a player’s injury time was only reduced by one week when going from Conference Championship week to Bowl Season. Players will now be back for their Bowl game if they should be off of the IR when their bowl game is played.
    • Fixed an issue where coaches that changed jobs could get stuck in a state where they were still listed as coaching at their old school on the Players Leaving screen, leading to a Transfer Failed issue.
    • Fixed an issue that occasionally prevented Dynasties from advancing to the post season.
    • Fixed an issue with the schedule that prevented entering the Virginia Tech vs. Boston College game (fixed for both Dynasty and RTG).
    • Fixed an issue where recruiting related trophies/achievements were not unlocked properly if you signed an extension in that season.
    • Fixed an issue with Program Stability where the grade would drop from A+ to D+ in one season.
    • Fixed an issue with the Unlock All Promises PDLC not unlocking properly on the Dynasty website.
    • When viewing an Online Dynasty invite, added information to show what type of job can be selected by default.
    • Fixed an issue when in the off-season where player stats did not match up between the web and console.
    RTG
    • Fixed an issue where CB’s could not audible after earning the ability to do so through Coach Trust.
    • Fixed an issue where HB’s could not flip the play after earning the ability to do so through Coach Trust.
    • Fixed an issue where player’s online stats were not displaying promptly on the Online Leaderboards
    Comments 447 Comments
      gigemaggs99 -
      Well this is not fun.

Updated completed PS3, then I went in to see if my stuck OD will advance.

NO

loads up to 99% and then stops and says same damn thing, "transfer failed" Online dynasty is unavailible at this time, please try again later."

This sucks!

I guess what we're supposed to do now, is start over from the beginning, I have to make it a rule that you don't use custom playbooks and if you have wildcat or not is a crap-shoot.

Very dissappointing.

I did notice a sign is different on one of the main screens, top left says #29 ESPN, don't remember seeing that before.
      CLW -
      So... my OD is in year 2 what does that mean as far as player tendancies? I'm a little confused and it sounds like this patch opened up a whole new can of worms. This game was close to being really good but this garbage is very frustrating. Perhaps that OS article is right, there is ZERO reason to buy a sports game now in the first few months of release.
      gigemaggs99 -
      Question, if I just want to play offline and don't want to mess w/ the headache of OD "transfer failed" issues, is there a way to remove the update so I can fall back to how the playbooks were prior to today's patch?

If I delete those updates from my HD and then unplug my ethernet or select NO to the update will that work?

I just want to play the damn game I don't care if it's offline. But I don't want the no-huddle B.S. I've seen reported. The CPU runs no-huddle all the time, if this fubars me playing defense then this is REALLY going to suck.

Is it possible to remove the patches and go back to the way it was day 1?
      JBHuskers -
      Quote Originally Posted by gigemaggs99 View Post

Is it possible to remove the patches and go back to the way it was day 1?
      If you delete all data and only play offline, yes.
      Oneback -
      If all these issues still remain I really think its about time to hang up my NCAA cleats...I'm getting really tired of dealing with all these issues with no real hope of getting them fixed, if they can't release patches that don't cause other BIG problems I have no hope that they will be able to fix all the issues without causing others. Maybe it will be April 1st and we'll have a complete, working, fully functional game. I don't know about everyone else but I'm no fool and am growing tired of waiting.

PLEASE 2K, join the NCAA/NFL football market or better yet please SECA, I would be very happy with a football game that rivaled MLB.
      Roy38 -
      I'm curious how you guys are going to put a positive spin on this...
      MrDupree -
      After patch custom playbook: changed maryland I tight to just 3 plays! Why even have the formation?
      gigemaggs99 -
      Quote Originally Posted by Oneback View Post
      If all these issues still remain I really think its about time to hang up my NCAA cleats...I'm getting really tired of dealing with all these issues with no real hope of getting them fixed, if they can't release patches that don't cause other BIG problems I have no hope that they will be able to fix all the issues without causing others. Maybe it will be April 1st and we'll have a complete, working, fully functional game. I don't know about everyone else but I'm no fool and am growing tired of waiting.

PLEASE 2K, join the NCAA/NFL football market or better yet please SECA, I would be very happy with a football game that rivaled MLB.

This is a good point, they (EA) make a big deal about release dates and get you all hyped up to pre-order their games, yet then when it's all said and done after all the hype the game has multiple patches and it's months before it's really "fixed" or "ready" so it's almost like they release a Beta version that is completed a few months prior to their next "beta release"....

I guess if you take the ONLINE features out of the game and resort back to before the now-broken playbooks it's a pretty good game.

It's just annoying that one of the BIG selling points are the ONLINE features.

I know for years we've asked for a custom playbook, I'd be happy with NO custom playbook since this one seems somewhat messed up. I would however like the regular, non-custom playbooks to not be messed up. I.E. why does no-huddle all of a sudden mess things up where it was working pretty well just earlier today, prior to the patch?

I also find it wild when you buy NCAA they make a big deal about giving you a bunch of trade in credit towards Madden. Well now I've passed that "window". I'd much rather play NCAA than Madden but if Madden works, then I'll go with it. It's annoying that the patch that really messes up the game (maybe "unpatch" is what I'll call it...) comes out and now you can't get the super trade in value on NCAA towards Madden. That window has passed. If the "unpatch" would have come out sooner then I still would have had that option to get Madden at a better price, now as it is, seems like EA is working their "economic magic" and still offering Madden at full price as well as this not-so-complete NCAA game.

On a side note, what's really fun, we went to dinner this evening, drove by the neighbors house at the end of the street, they had water coming up from their water meter...thought, oh boy they have a leak....well that was at 5:45pm central...now it's 9:46pm central and the entire stree has no water, they had to shut off the main, the 6" line is leaking....weeeeeeeeeee no water. no NCAA, guess it's back to the beer.
      Oneback -
      I'm not, I'm tired of being positive spin guy...this shit is getting ridiculous.

I have zero faith in EA that this game will get any better than it is, to be honest it hasn't changed much in years anyway. In all my talking with the powers that be over there I always get the same answer..we don't have the capability to do that or this is the way we decided to do it. So instead of putting resources towards making things work as they should they decide to hamfist things also known as "this is the way we decided to do it", the way cover 2 is played is a prime example. This shit is getting old...I was hoping attending the community event and being able to have some input would calm my fears/make me feel better, in honestly it made me feel worse and unless they commit the resources to make things work as they should things aren't going to change and I don't see anything changing.

Bring on another publisher, EA has had their shot and blew it in my eyes.
      ram29jackson -
      @gig celebrations arent allowed now

what about long highlights though? last year, you could X To save it. Now that doesnt work
      gigemaggs99 -
      Quote Originally Posted by ram29jackson View Post
      @gig celebrations arent allowed now

what about long highlights though? last year, you could X To save it. Now that doesnt work
      That was last year LOL. this year is "different" LOL

When I graduated from A&M I went to work for computer software company, we delt with Ford Motor Company, their "parts manuals" on DVD. My main job was to provide support via the phone to parts managers from all over the US, so I had to know how this thing worked, ins and outs of it. The other part of my job was to QA test the piss out of the monthly release, since I knew how to use it the "way the parts guys would" not the way the programmers would.

Well since new cars come out and news parts, retro parts, etc.. it changed from month to month. It would have problems, and QA testing would find 99% of the errors or "issues"...if something did leak through they had a work around...maybe it's b/c it had to do with cars and safety on the road, and this is a video game. But when it comes down to it, it's still about $60/copy of the game, they make a butt load of money on this product...they should test it, re-test it and then do it again. YES some things are going to slip through, but if and when they do come out with a patch, IT SHOULD NOT MAKE IT WORSE.

Like others have said, the company I worked for, they had the problem of having competitors, if Ford didn't like our product they could try the other guys. EA has no competition, we the users can't try something else, that's the annoying thing, they have a monopoly, they know we can't go to another brand so we are at their mercy.

I guess I could stop paying my $60, but the problem is, I wouldn't have a college football game then....so that doesn't really work for me.

What's a guy to do? I just want to play a good college football game...
      xMrHitStickx904 -
      hey, at least Madden is good. lol. I was gonna put in the NCAA disc, no reason to now.
      xMrHitStickx904 -
      im still lol'ing at the fact that they took the wildcat formations out cause they couldn't fix the glitches in them that weren't there last year, nor in Madden this year.
      Unconquered -
      Too late EA. Waaaaay too late.

We should have had this patch seven weeks ago (and don't blame Microsoft/Sony's certification, because they weren't the ones who released a broken game).

This has happened four years in a row now and it's unacceptable. NCAA 09 had twitchy sliders and rosters; NCAA 10 had broken sliders (again); NCAA 11 had broken handoffs/playaction and the pump-fake glitch; and NCAA 12 had broken custom playbooks and the roster tendencies bug.

So I've finally learned my lesson and I won't be buying NCAA 13 on launch day next year, or any year until EA sorts out these quality-control issues. I'll buy it used, if I buy it all.
      I OU a Beatn -
      Quote Originally Posted by xMrHitStickx904 View Post
      hey, at least Madden is good.
      I wouldn't go that far.
      joshuahuskers -
      Looks like they did fix the issue with custom conferences in regards to the conference schedule. Good.
      Buckeye -
      EA
      mtoo22 -
      Not saying anyone else isn't honest, but I applaud oneback for his. Its bullshit. I love college football. I love college football games. I can't blame EA for hyping their product, but don't tell me you're fixing things that you blatantly did not fix. If you fool me with marketing then that's my fault. If you fool me with empty promises it's on you. I'm done with the hype machine. I'm not going to say I'm one of those guys that wont get the game at release, but I wont. I'm tired of the bullshit with EA Sports. Have some respect for the consumer. We pay your bills. You've pulled the wool over our eyes for far too long and its our own faults for not seeing it sooner than this.

Sent from my LG-US670 using Tapatalk
      jaymo76 -
      So... if I download the patch I get: 1. broken no huddle 2. broken custom playbookshmmm... the bigger question is not whether I should download the patch. The bigger question is should I trade in NCAA for the first time ever??? I LOVE the NCAA series and the game this year just had so much potential but it's been letdown after glitch-fest letdown. What reason do I have left to play this game? Seriously... I think it's time for everyone to answer this question for himself.The one saving grace is all my draft classes which I can import to Madden.... oh wait, I can't because of the double save issue. Trajectory, leaping linebackers, psychic DB's, coach pregression that is out of control, no ability to edit height/weight, zero running abilities by spread/option teams, etc., etc., etc. So do we wait another month to have these issues fixed??? I don't know... I am loving my time with Madden. Maybe it's time to walk away from NCAA 12. I really just don't know...
      Oneback -
      So the brilliant "hamfisted" fix for WR blocking was to have CB's in zone sit there and do nothing or if in man run backwards 15 yards. How about this novelty....have the WR actually block the CB. Can this be done? The answer is no, because they can only move a blocker to a location and hope that he picks up a defender and blocks him. There are no assignments like have x-player block force defender, its all about moving a offensive blocker to a location that is mapped on the field and hoping he blocks someone. Look at screens for a perfect example of this.

Granted I didn't expect ground breaking fixes in a patch, but the implementation of improved WR blocking is just lazy.