• EA SPORTS Season Ticket Launches Today

EA SPORTS is launching EA SPORTS Season Ticket, a new subscription based service that will allow members to download full games early, a discount on DLC, free premium web content, and membership recognition.

Available starting today in the X-Box Live Marketplace, PlayStation Network Store and exclusive North American retail partner GameStop, gamers can purchase a yearly membership for $24.99 (or 2000 MS Points) that will allow them to download full EA SPORTS titles over three days before the full retail release. The games confirmed to be part of the program at launch include: Madden NFL 12, FIFA 12, NHL 12, Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 13, and NCAA Football 13. More titles may be added at a later date, but NBA Jam: On Fire Edition is confirmed to not be part of the program.

Beginning at 6 PM ET on the Friday before retail release, gamers will be able to download the full version of participating EA SPORTS titles. This download will remain active with full online features (except Ultimate Team) until 6 AM ET on release day and at that point the download will expire. Gamers will then need to purchase the game at retail to continue their experience. All in-game achievements will carry over to the retail version of the game.

EA SPORTS Season Ticket subscribers will receive a 20% discount on all DLC, including Ultimate Team packs, accelerator packs, gear upgrades, and more. They will also receive free premium web content available for the duration of the subscription. For example, non-subscribers will have access to a basic version of the FIFA Creation Center while subscribers will have access to premium Creation Center packs. Subscribers will be given visible membership recognition in-game and also on their EASPORTS.com profile.

The subscription is valid for 12 months from the date of purchase. Should Madden NFL 13 return to its normal mid-August release date, an EA SPORTS Season Ticket subscription purchased in late August 2011 would allow subscribers early access to Madden NFL 12 and Madden NFL 13. Online Pass is not required for EA SPORTS Season Ticket. All online features (except Ultimate Team) will be available for play during the early weekend download access. The program will be available on X-Box 360 (North America, Europe, Australia and New Zealand) and PlayStation 3 (North America).

There will be no change for gamers who do not become EA SPORTS Season Ticket subscribers as they will still be able to purchase the full retail version on launch day with full game features. The program exists for gamers who - as the program's tagline reads - wish to 'Play early, play more, and play better.'

What are your thoughts on the EA SPORTS Season Ticket program? Share your thoughts and feedback below.
    Comments 138 Comments
      JeffHCross -
      Quote Originally Posted by CLW View Post
      Yeah EA would make more $ b/c they don't have the cost of shipping the game and producing a disc.
      Eh, probably not any significant amount of savings. They would still ship retail discs. I don't think we're in a position to see full digital distribution of major titles until the next generation of consoles.

EA would be making > $ due to the decrease in cost
      That's assuming it's a zero-sum game to create a digital version of the title. I'm not sure about that, one way or the other.
      jaymo76 -
      After downloading season ticket I don't have any regrets. It's a nice option to see the game early. I don't expect to buy NHL or FIFA but I will download and play... maybe ideas for Christmas??? I would love a full week but three days will have to suffice. Already looking forward to NCAA 13.
      jaymo76 -
      Any news on the date/time SEASON TICKET will be available for NHL 12? I heard the 9th but no time was given.
      SmoothPancakes -
      I would guess probably the same times as Madden, though I have no clue for sure. I went ahead and decided to pick up Season Ticket this past Wednesday so I'll have it for NHL and FIFA this month.
      cdj -
      Some new perks announced for EA SPORTS Season Ticket:

ACCESS TO OVER $100 OF PDLC
      ACROSS ALL PARTICIPATING TITLES

Don’t wait to build your club in Ultimate Team, compete against your friends, or test your skills in weekly global tournaments. With EA SPORTS Season Ticket, get a leg-up on your opponents with access to the following PDLC across all five participating titles:

1 Legendary Pack and 24 Pro Madden Packs (over $30 in value)
      24 NHL Premium Gold Packs (over $30 in value)
      24 FIFA Premium Gold Packs (over $30 in value)
      Tiger Woods 14 content to be announced
      NCAA 14 content to be announced

If you enjoy the Ultimate Team modes, this is probably a great deal.
      jaymo76 -
      So out of curiosity, on PS3 does our subscription just run out or do we get a message or something? Last year I purchased a few days before Madden 12 but I don't remember the exact date.
      skipwondah33 -
      Believe it just runs out. I waited to buy it to play Madden on that Friday so it runs out the 24th this year.
      JBHuskers -
      Quote Originally Posted by cdj View Post
      Some new perks announced for EA SPORTS Season Ticket:

ACCESS TO OVER $100 OF PDLC
      ACROSS ALL PARTICIPATING TITLES

Don’t wait to build your club in Ultimate Team, compete against your friends, or test your skills in weekly global tournaments. With EA SPORTS Season Ticket, get a leg-up on your opponents with access to the following PDLC across all five participating titles:

1 Legendary Pack and 24 Pro Madden Packs (over $30 in value)
      24 NHL Premium Gold Packs (over $30 in value)
      24 FIFA Premium Gold Packs (over $30 in value)
      Tiger Woods 14 content to be announced
      NCAA 14 content to be announced

If you enjoy the Ultimate Team modes, this is probably a great deal.
      Yeah I think I'm going to get this now. Probably the Thursday before release. I play a good deal of FIFA Ultimate Team. And some of both NFL and NHL.
      CLW -
      LMAO I HATE the Ultimate Team modes but they seem to be getting allot of attention. Oh well I'm good with Season Ticket until Tiger.
      JeffHCross -
      I was already planning to get Season Ticket before Madden releases, and this changed nothing
      skipwondah33 -
      I didn't have a clue of what else came with it lol

Don't know what came with it last year either. Although apparently I got some special clubs for Tiger
      jaymo76 -
      I wonder if the NCAA offer will include extra uniforms for 14? That would be my guess.
      JeffHCross -
      , jaymo. Probably will include whatever the Pre-Order deals are, and nothing more. Would be surprised to see any of the in-game boosts included.
      CLW -
      Out of curiosity if you re-up now will it give you a year from your former date or will you basically lose whatever is left on your 1st year? I got this back for TW so I haven't had it all that long.
      gschwendt -
      Out of curiosity if you re-up now will it give you a year from your former date or will you basically lose whatever is left on your 1st year? I got this back for TW so I haven't had it all that long.
      I'm not sure but I'd be willing to bet that you would lose whatever remains from your first year.
      NatureBoy -
      Say someone has the Season Ticket, but it expires on Saturday the 25th. Does that mean that he can only play the early release on Friday or does it mean that as long as it's downloaded before it expires then he can play it the full early release period?
      JBHuskers -
      As long as you download it prior, you're good.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2
      NatureBoy -
      Quote Originally Posted by JBHuskers View Post
      As long as you download it prior, you're good.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2
      Thanks for the info JB.