• EA SPORTS Season Ticket Launches Today

EA SPORTS is launching EA SPORTS Season Ticket, a new subscription based service that will allow members to download full games early, a discount on DLC, free premium web content, and membership recognition.

Available starting today in the X-Box Live Marketplace, PlayStation Network Store and exclusive North American retail partner GameStop, gamers can purchase a yearly membership for $24.99 (or 2000 MS Points) that will allow them to download full EA SPORTS titles over three days before the full retail release. The games confirmed to be part of the program at launch include: Madden NFL 12, FIFA 12, NHL 12, Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 13, and NCAA Football 13. More titles may be added at a later date, but NBA Jam: On Fire Edition is confirmed to not be part of the program.

Beginning at 6 PM ET on the Friday before retail release, gamers will be able to download the full version of participating EA SPORTS titles. This download will remain active with full online features (except Ultimate Team) until 6 AM ET on release day and at that point the download will expire. Gamers will then need to purchase the game at retail to continue their experience. All in-game achievements will carry over to the retail version of the game.

EA SPORTS Season Ticket subscribers will receive a 20% discount on all DLC, including Ultimate Team packs, accelerator packs, gear upgrades, and more. They will also receive free premium web content available for the duration of the subscription. For example, non-subscribers will have access to a basic version of the FIFA Creation Center while subscribers will have access to premium Creation Center packs. Subscribers will be given visible membership recognition in-game and also on their EASPORTS.com profile.

The subscription is valid for 12 months from the date of purchase. Should Madden NFL 13 return to its normal mid-August release date, an EA SPORTS Season Ticket subscription purchased in late August 2011 would allow subscribers early access to Madden NFL 12 and Madden NFL 13. Online Pass is not required for EA SPORTS Season Ticket. All online features (except Ultimate Team) will be available for play during the early weekend download access. The program will be available on X-Box 360 (North America, Europe, Australia and New Zealand) and PlayStation 3 (North America).

There will be no change for gamers who do not become EA SPORTS Season Ticket subscribers as they will still be able to purchase the full retail version on launch day with full game features. The program exists for gamers who - as the program's tagline reads - wish to 'Play early, play more, and play better.'

What are your thoughts on the EA SPORTS Season Ticket program? Share your thoughts and feedback below.
    Comments 138 Comments
      JBHuskers -
      Quote Originally Posted by psuexv View Post
      I think what he is saying is that he only buys NCAA so in essence he is paying $85 for it.
      Well no one is making him buy it either. It's clearly been said it's not for everyone. It's for people who play all of the games. That's where the benefit lies.
      bdoughty -
      Where is the option for Hell No?

Just not worth it for me. I do not need to play a game 3 days early. If anything I need to wait for three patches before buying an EA game.

The only thing that might have interested me is the discount on DLC courses for TW12 as I buy them all but it would not justify $25 and knowing EA that will be one of those titles no eligible for the DLC discount.
      Paakaa10 -
      Quote Originally Posted by bdoughty View Post
      The only thing that might have interested me is the discount on DLC courses for TW12 as I buy them all but it would not justify $25 and knowing EA that will be one of those titles no eligible for the DLC discount.
      Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 12: The Masters won't be part of the program but Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 13 has been confirmed to be one of the five "core" titles involved. It would stand to reason that any DLC courses made available for that game would be subject to the 20% DLC discount.
      Paakaa10 -
      Quote Originally Posted by griffin2608 View Post
      Even if ea's reputation was perfect I would be hesitant to pay for a yearly fee to be in this little club, then pay full price for these games to play them and have nothing in my hand to sell or trade back in. This is a way to cut out the selling and trading of their product.
      I know it's clear that you have no interest in this program, but your facts are a bit off here. The downloadable file that you get access to three days early only lasts until the day of retail release; then you can't play it any further. At that point, you just delete the file off of your console HD and go out and purchase the game disc from the store if you decide you want to own it.

You still have something to trade back in if you decide that's what you want to do with the game.
      Boucher -
      nope this is dumb
      Paakaa10 -
      It's definitely not a program which will appeal to everyone. That said, it also doesn't negatively impact people who have no interest and don't want to join in. You can hate it or think it's stupid, and at least it won't affect your gaming experience each year.

Speaking from personal opinion again, I would like to have seen a few things added to the program for better value:
      • A discount on the retail disc version of the "core" games; $5 each per the five games would probably be too much considering that signing up for the program itself costs $25, but maybe you could get a total of $15 per year and apply money as you wish. For example, you could take $10 off of Madden NFL 12 and then save $5 to take off NCAA Football 13 or something.
      • The ability to "carry over" DLC from one year to the next for "core" games which have repeating DLC offerings. The most obvious example here would be to carry over DLC from one year's Tiger Woods PGA TOUR title to the next. After spending $50 to get all of the DLC courses for Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 12: The Masters, I know I'll be gunshy about spending that much for the same courses again next year. If enrolling in the "Season Ticket" program allowed me to use those courses again--even if I had to download a "compatibility pack" to meet the next game's features--I would definitely buy in at $25 to preserve my $50 expense on DLC for this year's game.

I'm sure the program will see changes in the future as the community weighs in as to whether or not it's worth the cost. It'll be interesting to see what happens.
      bdoughty -
      If DLC courses carried over then I would buy it since I have purchased all the DLC courses for every TW game this gen.

That said, I purchased $50 worth of courses and that was at a discounted price over years past due to the packs and the lower cost per course. I just do not see EA taking $25 a year when they can get $50+ with little cost required to upgrade them each year. Doubt the investors would be too thrilled with DLC carrying over in the case of the TW series.

Now I would pay $25 extra a year for them to put a stinking course creator in the game. Plenty of talented folks out there who would make some courses we would never get due to licensing and cost issues.

But that is just a dream.
      JBHuskers -
      Quote Originally Posted by bdoughty View Post
      If DLC courses carried over then I would buy it since I have purchased all the DLC courses for every TW game this gen.

That said, I purchased $50 worth of courses and that was at a discounted price over years past due to the packs and the lower cost per course. I just do not see EA taking $25 a year when they can get $50+ with little cost required to upgrade them each year. Doubt the investors would be too thrilled with DLC carrying over in the case of the TW series.

Now I would pay $25 extra a year for them to put a stinking course creator in the game. Plenty of talented folks out there who would make some courses we would never get due to licensing and cost issues.

But that is just a dream.
      My guess is it's in the agreements not to have it carry over, but that's just my guess.
      CLW -
      Nope. Sorry 3 days early for a download doesn't entice me to give EA $25 bucks and I don't think I have ever purchased DLC.
      steelerfan -
      I think there will be quite a few people who will purchase this on the Friday before a hasn't they love drops.

I know it will be tough for me to resist on the Friday before NHL comes out.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using Tapatalk
      JerzeyReign -
      Quote Originally Posted by JBHuskers View Post
      You're not paying $85 for each game though.
      Yeah but I only play one EA game faithfully so in a way I'd be paying $85 for one game. Great program for EA fans, not so great for those who only play a title or two, in my most honest and non threatening opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by JBHuskers View Post
      Well no one is making him buy it either. It's clearly been said it's not for everyone. It's for people who play all of the games. That's where the benefit lies.
      I was just answering the poll and giving my reason.
      cdj -
      Quote Originally Posted by steelerfan View Post
      I think there will be quite a few people who will purchase this on the Friday before a hasn't they love drops.

I know it will be tough for me to resist on the Friday before NHL comes out.
      I agree. It's going to be tough when people are on forums talking about the game, giving impressions, etc. all weekend before a game's release.
      oweb26 -
      Alot of people even on these forums will still get it even though they are saying they wont. If you pay some guy 100.00 on ebay for the game early you will get it, if you drive 50 miles to get the game early you will get it, actually it was quite smart by EA
      psusnoop -
      Quote Originally Posted by oweb26 View Post
      Alot of people even on these forums will still get it even though they are saying they wont. If you pay some guy 100.00 on ebay for the game early you will get it, if you drive 50 miles to get the game early you will get it, actually it was quite smart by EA

For me, for NCAA 12 I paid $100 bones (yes I'm one of them) to get the game on Friday (maybe it was Thursday) but to ME and only ME this was worth it. I value things differently then some and quite honestly I think I'll be buying this when the time rolls around. I may do it before NHL drops or I may wait till NCAA next season but I can see myself doing this easily.
      psuexv -
      Quote Originally Posted by Paakaa10 View Post
      It's definitely not a program which will appeal to everyone. That said, it also doesn't negatively impact people who have no interest and don't want to join in. You can hate it or think it's stupid, and at least it won't affect your gaming experience each year.

Speaking from personal opinion again, I would like to have seen a few things added to the program for better value:
      • A discount on the retail disc version of the "core" games; $5 each per the five games would probably be too much considering that signing up for the program itself costs $25, but maybe you could get a total of $15 per year and apply money as you wish. For example, you could take $10 off of Madden NFL 12 and then save $5 to take off NCAA Football 13 or something.
      • The ability to "carry over" DLC from one year to the next for "core" games which have repeating DLC offerings. The most obvious example here would be to carry over DLC from one year's Tiger Woods PGA TOUR title to the next. After spending $50 to get all of the DLC courses for Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 12: The Masters, I know I'll be gunshy about spending that much for the same courses again next year. If enrolling in the "Season Ticket" program allowed me to use those courses again--even if I had to download a "compatibility pack" to meet the next game's features--I would definitely buy in at $25 to preserve my $50 expense on DLC for this year's game.

I'm sure the program will see changes in the future as the community weighs in as to whether or not it's worth the cost. It'll be interesting to see what happens.
      Definitely agree with this, if they actually made it that you got the retail version 3 days early and then in subsequent years received a "discount" on the next years game and the DLC's carried over especially for TW I'd be in.
      jaymo76 -
      So your achievements trasfer to the disc game...BUT... what if you start a franchise for say Madden, will that transfer over too? If dynasty/franchise doesn't transfer then I won't get it but if it does...
      bdoughty -
      Quote Originally Posted by cdj View Post
      I agree. It's going to be tough when people are on forums talking about the game, giving impressions, etc. all weekend before a game's release.
      Sure, the people that call their local stores every 30 minutes to see if they have it a week before release. Those willing to drive 50 miles to get the game early. Ten years ago I was like that, then watching people at OS going apeshit trying to find a game early changed me. I could only take so many "Anyone find the game in (insert city here)" threads. For me and I am sure numerous others nothing will change. People have been getting games early and giving impression forever. Nothing new here.

Patience is a virtue. All good things come to those who wait. etc, etc.
      gschwendt -
      Quote Originally Posted by jaymo76 View Post
      So your achievements trasfer to the disc game...BUT... what if you start a franchise for say Madden, will that transfer over too? If dynasty/franchise doesn't transfer then I won't get it but if it does...
      Yes... 99.99% positive that any save files would transfer over from downloadable copy to retail copy.
      jaymo76 -
      Quote Originally Posted by gschwendt View Post
      Yes... 99.99% positive that any save files would transfer over from downloadable copy to retail copy.
      If that's the case then I may be changing my vote to YES for the one trial year. I can also see this as huge for NHL because at this point I am on the fence and a "free sample" would be helpful in making up my mind.
      JBHuskers -
      Quote Originally Posted by gschwendt View Post
      That % is more like 110%