• NCAA Football 12 Kicks Off to Record Start at Retail

In this press release from EA, the company has posted early record-setting sales numbers for NCAA Football 12.

Electronic Arts Inc. announced Tuesday that NCAA Football 12 generated its largest first two weeks at retail (July 12 – July 26) on Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 platforms in franchise history. Based on internal estimates, after two weeks of sales NCAA Football 12 is up 17 percent year-on-year with more than 700,000 units sold through.

“We’re extremely pleased by the overwhelmingly positive response to NCAA Football 12 by both critics and college football fans alike,” said Peter Moore, President of EA SPORTS. “The team at Tiburon has created the ultimate college football experience which is evident at retail where the game is flying off the shelves.”

Critics and fans have applauded the level of depth and authenticity in NCAA Football 12, thanks to features like the enhanced Dynasty mode, which allows fans to climb the ranks of the coaching ladder on a mission to lead their team to the coveted national championship. While all-new pre-game traditions, like the Sooner Schooner (Oklahoma), Ramblin’ Wreck (Georgia Tech) and Traveler with Trojan Rider (USC) deliver the pride and pageantry of game day Saturday like never before. New York Times stated “NCAA Football 12 is entertaining and immersive”, while Game Informer rated it 9 out of 10.

NCAA Football 12 has reached a series of gameplay milestones, including:

• More than 870,000 online game sessions have been played – the equivalent of approximately 600 NCAA FBS college football regular seasons.
    • More than 50,000 Online Dynasties have been created, consisting of more than 100,000 user-controlled teams.
    • Fans have created more than one million custom teams using the TeamBuilder website, the online create-a-school feature.
    Comments 15 Comments
      ram29jackson -
      the teambuilder part still baffles me. Its still like some underground thing and its hard to find a bunch of teambuilder enthusiast guys like myself
      souljahbill -
      With the problems this year's game has, it'll be hard to match it next year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      JeffHCross -
      Quote Originally Posted by ram29jackson View Post
      its hard to find a bunch of teambuilder enthusiast guys like myself
      With 700,000 in sales, you'd only have to average 1.5 teams created by each owner. That doesn't sound like a huge stretch, especially given the Road to Glory integration with Teambuilder this year.

That said ... there's nothing in that press release that says that one million teams were created this year. I'd be surprised if that mark hadn't been passed before, if they were talking about from it's launch in NCAA 10, but that could be what they mean.
      ram29jackson -
      Quote Originally Posted by JeffHCross View Post
      With 700,000 in sales, you'd only have to average 1.5 teams created by each owner. That doesn't sound like a huge stretch, especially given the Road to Glory integration with Teambuilder this year.

That said ... there's nothing in that press release that says that one million teams were created this year. I'd be surprised if that mark hadn't been passed before, if they were talking about from it's launch in NCAA 10, but that could be what they mean.
      well,.. in the same way there are alot of sales to the game and then a place like this and OS, and a couple others have 1000 to 2000 members signed but only 10 to 20 show up on a regular basis. LOL where are those 10 or 20 teambuilder guys? LOL
      ..and I dont mean all the kids that show up at OS ,say their stuff is good and its numbers over shirt designs and crap
      jaymo76 -
      Though I don't use it at all in dynasty I like to use teambuilder BEFORE the retail to tide me over. This year I made THIRTEEN of my high school teams. Plus, I rolled over my six teams from previous years. So technically I own one game and have nineteen created teams.
      SmoothPancakes -
      Yeah, I really have never used Teambuilder until this year. I have made one Teambuilder team between '10 and '11, the Alaska State Kodiak Bears. This year, I created 12 Teambuilder teams. My high school, our 10 regular season opponents from my senior year, and then the team we played in the first round of the playoffs that year.

And that was just solely so I could play and fully enjoy an 11 game HS season in Road to Glory. If I'm going to play as my real life old high school in RTG, I can't be playing fake, computer generated teams or else it just sucks and I'll never get through more than a couple games. I need to have that realistic feeling like I'm actually playing that senior season again to make it through more than 2 or 3 HS games in RTG.
      psusnoop -
      RT @darrenrovell: @EANCAAFootball 12 was the best selling video game in July, up 15% vs. NCAA '11 sales in July (NPD Group)
      TweetDeck • 8/11/11 6:48 PM
      Retweeted by Bumble14_OS
      JBHuskers -
      steelerfan -
      For anyone who enjoys this series, this is great news.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using Tapatalk
      cdj -
      The 15% increase comes in a month where video game sales were the lowest since October 2006 and video game sales dropped 26% compared to July 2010.
      steelerfan -
      Quote Originally Posted by cdj View Post
      The 15% increase comes in a month where video game sales were the lowest since October 2006 and video game sales dropped 26% compared to July 2010.
      Wow.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using Tapatalk
      psusnoop -
      Quote Originally Posted by cdj View Post
      Double wow had no idea, that is even better!
      morsdraconis -
      That, my friends, is when you know you have a great product. Even with the bugs, '12 is, by far, the best version of this game, last gen or current gen.
      I OU a Beatn -
      Quote Originally Posted by morsdraconis View Post
      That, my friends, is when you know you have a great product. Even with the bugs, '12 is, by far, the best version of this game for current gen.
      Fixed it for you.

'04 > '07 > '12

My opinion, of course. Pretty impressive stats. Hopefully EA takes notice that they had a sales increase in the year they significantly improved game play and continue to focus on game play as their number one priority.
      ram29jackson -
      all this means is a small percentage baught it earlier than last year..the numbers may level off to be similiar by the holidays