• NCAA Football 12 is here! Share Your Thoughts & Impressions

The release of NCAA Football 12 is here! It's been a long wait, but now everyone can experience the changes and improvements first-hand. We want to hear your thoughts and feedback about the game. Use this thread to post your game impressions and thoughts.

Also, make sure to post your wish list and feedback ideas here, while posting bugs and glitches in the thread linked here.

UPDATE - If you have experienced an issue with Custom Playbooks, please read this thread and share your details.
    Comments 1445 Comments
      cdj -
      You can view the page at http://www.thegamingtailgate.com/for...-game-thoughts
      RTerry25 -
      jus left gamestop!!! Update n progress!!!!!!
      JBHuskers -

Merry Christmas!!!
      ThatSnickelfritz -
      The game has frozen on me and cut off twice and when I try to restart it the next 1-2 times it'll say an error occurred. Is anybody else having this problem. I'm so pissed right now...
      ThatSnickelfritz -
      3 times...wow...just ridiculous. Will play for like 5 mins and it'll happen when I'm like switching screens or somebody's weight. So so pissed right now
      steelerfan -
      Quote Originally Posted by ThatSnickelfritz View Post
      The game has frozen on me and cut off twice and when I try to restart it the next 1-2 times it'll say an error occurred. Is anybody else having this problem. I'm so pissed right now...
      Haven't seen or heard that. Which system?
      SmoothPancakes -
      Now hopefully only a 12 or 13 hour wait for UPS, and not a 15 or 16 hour wait.
      Lord Marshall X -
      NCAA Football Orchestrates games. This happens a lot in user games. I could tell you horror stories from the other side of that game winning by 4 scores at halftime and losing a game. It was so bad last year it dissolved our dynasty when in the second half one guy had 3 points scored on him in 5 user games. All of which he was down at least 3 scores at halftime. So either he is the most awesome second half player of all-time even though his strategy never changed but his team went into "super awesome" mode. But they do it for moments like this. Hey, some people wait a lifetime.
      Dr Death -
      Just opened my game and there's a card w/ a code for on-line play but there's no booklet! Nothing that explains what buttons apply to what, etc. Is this something new or did I just get a screwy copy? Granted, I am intelligent enough to figure it all out... but how can a game not have a booklet? I just don't get that.
      BearDownUofA -
      It's all in-game now. EA's doing it with all of their games.
      souljahbill -
      http://http://www.gamasutra.com/view...on_Manuals.php

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      Dr Death -
      Quote Originally Posted by BearDownUofA View Post
      It's all in-game now. EA's doing it with all of their games.
      Yeah, I just found it. Any Mod wishing to toss this thread overboard, please feel free to do so!
      mrh61988 -
      I've frozen twice now. Once in the front end and once at the end of an online game prior to loading to the stats section. I'm on the 360.
      ram29jackson -
      are you talking about the game/disc itself or just being cut off of online play?
      ram29jackson -
      ..or leave it just in case theres a question/command someone hasnt researched on the game yet ?
      mrh61988 -
      Quote Originally Posted by ram29jackson View Post
      are you talking about the game/disc itself or just being cut off of online play?
      My game had just gone final and it was loading to the final menu where you check stats and stuff. That's where I froze.
      ram29jackson -
      Quote Originally Posted by mrh61988 View Post
      My game had just gone final and it was loading to the final menu where you check stats and stuff. That's where I froze.
      well ,if thats online, why be suprised? it always happens the first two weeks when theres a ton of people online and they are trying to work out server problems
      OptionMasta -
      Running the option is hard. I don't know if it's just the teams I have been using or that it's just a lot harder. I can't get to the outside and if I do, I get some really bad pitches being made despite no contact on my QB.

Passing is more difficult too. It feels like there are 20 defenders on the field at all times when I drop back. This is probably a symptom of my poor recognition of the defense, etc. Hopefully the game will slow down for me a little and I will get more comfortable with passing.

Play action works. This is a huge positive.

The playbooks I used felt bare. I didn't see a lot of passing concepts that I liked. I'm really looking forward to creating a custom book.
      ram29jackson -
      is this all xbox360 ?
      Rudy -
      I've read about freezing and problems on the 360 version on OS. They said it's better if you install it to your HDD. Have you guys tried that?