• ESPN U Series: The Making of NCAA Football 12

Be sure to watch The Making of NCAA Football 12, a four-part series on the development of NCAA Football 12 airing on ESPNU. The show will take you behind-the-scenes and into the studio as the EA SPORTS team races to finish it's perennial college football powerhouse.

Continue on to see all four episodes - in their entirety - on YouTube.

From the all-new motion-captured tackles to a playbook session with Georgia Tech head coach Paul Johnson to even an early play test with Snoop Dogg, if you've ever wondered how a video game like "NCAA Football 12" is developed, ESPN U has you covered with a new four-part mini-series entitled "The Making of EA Sports NCAA Football 12."

Basically, a documentary crew camped out at the EA Sports studio in Florida for several months and captured all of the behind the scenes footage of the game creation process, right down to the art team explaining how an image of the Auburn War Eagle goes from computer skeleton model to flying polygonal mascot.

If you ever thought about working in the video games industry, this is a great piece to watch as you get to see a lot of the hard work that it takes to actually make a video game.

Episode 1

Episode 2

Episode 3

Episode 4

Comments 72 Comments
      Basmare -
      Too bad we only have ESPN America, no ESPN-U here in Europe. Would certainly watch it otherwise.
      SmoothPancakes -
      Has the first episode from this shown up on Youtube or something?
      JBHuskers -
      Quote Originally Posted by Basmare View Post
      Too bad we only have ESPN America, no ESPN-U here in Europe. Would certainly watch it otherwise.
      ESPN America was great for NFL games until they cracked down those streaming sites
      Basmare -
      Quote Originally Posted by JBHuskers View Post
      ESPN America was great for NFL games until they cracked down those streaming sites
      Yeah, I have my ways to watch. ESPN America now is Hockey, Football and Baseball all the way (I know what to do on saturday and sunday nights next to my usual regular things and fantasy football ).
      Luckily Basketball is not on ESPN America, because a certain Dutch sports channel has that rights.
      jaymo76 -
      Quote Originally Posted by Basmare View Post
      ESPN is isn't even allowed to broadcast in Canada. Unless TSN, SPORTSNET, or HEADLINE SPORTS (3 national sports carriers) picks up the ESPN feed we get zero ESPN content.
      steelerfan -
      At least the first episode of this is available, in-game, under ESPN On Demand.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using Tapatalk
      cdj -
      Episode 3 Teaser

ram29jackson -
      I wonder if part 2 is on youtube yet?

and by the way, filming at the promo event doesnt tell me crap about how the game is made, but dumb people would be bored if they didnt show that part...

..all I'm saying is if they were really going to show us how its made it would be a different show on a different channel- like "how stuff is made " haha

but its really just a 4 part commercial about a sports game on a sports station to try to pump sales. I'm not saying thats a bad thing either. It just is what it is.
      JeffHCross -
      "How It's Made" would only be concerned with the printing of the discs
      Pig Bomb -
      Quote Originally Posted by JeffHCross View Post
      my kids love that show
      ram29jackson -
      Quote Originally Posted by JeffHCross View Post

Alright ,alright, but you get my point.
      cdj -
      In one segment in tonight's show, they briefly mentioned commentary and the incorrect band placements as possible areas of focus for NCAA 13. Ben H. also mentioned College GameDay being a popular request by the community.
      psusnoop -
      Quote Originally Posted by cdj View Post
      In one segment in tonight's show, they briefly mentioned commentary and the incorrect band placements as possible areas of focus for NCAA 13. Ben H. also mentioned College GameDay being a popular request by the community.
      JBHuskers -
      I forgot it was on tonight....will half to catch it on DVR tomorrow or something.
      OSUCowboyofMD -
      Quote Originally Posted by cdj View Post
      SmoothPancakes -
      I hope they plan to play these now and then as reruns on ESPNU. We're upgrading to digital cable with Time Warner (from current standard cable), and getting the digital variety package, which includes ESPNU, come Monday afternoon when the guy is supposed to come to install everything. So by sometime Monday night, I'll be able to watch this show.

I may have to set the DVR to record it whenever it comes on so I can just have it record onto that and watch through the episodes after they all have re-aired or something, instead of trying to keep an eye on the TV listings every day to see if they'll put it on as a rerun.
      JBHuskers -
      Quote Originally Posted by SmoothPancakes View Post
      I hope they plan to play these now and then as reruns on ESPNU. We're upgrading to digital cable with Time Warner (from current standard cable), and getting the digital variety package, which includes ESPNU, come Monday afternoon when the guy is supposed to come to install everything. So by sometime Monday night, I'll be able to watch this show.

I may have to set the DVR to record it whenever it comes on so I can just have it record onto that and watch through the episodes after they all have re-aired or something, instead of trying to keep an eye on the TV listings every day to see if they'll put it on as a rerun.
      They are. A co-worker of mine said he saw an episode the other night.
      SmoothPancakes -
      Quote Originally Posted by JBHuskers View Post
      They are. A co-worker of mine said he saw an episode the other night.
      Excellent! I'll actually get to watch this show after all.
      morsdraconis -
      Now, to find the episodes online somewhere...
      ram29jackson -
      so,..is showing someones engagement really important in the making of the game? ..its tv, what else do you expect?