• ESPN U Series: The Making of NCAA Football 12

Be sure to watch The Making of NCAA Football 12, a four-part series on the development of NCAA Football 12 airing on ESPNU. The show will take you behind-the-scenes and into the studio as the EA SPORTS team races to finish it's perennial college football powerhouse.

Continue on to see all four episodes - in their entirety - on YouTube.

From the all-new motion-captured tackles to a playbook session with Georgia Tech head coach Paul Johnson to even an early play test with Snoop Dogg, if you've ever wondered how a video game like "NCAA Football 12" is developed, ESPN U has you covered with a new four-part mini-series entitled "The Making of EA Sports NCAA Football 12."

Basically, a documentary crew camped out at the EA Sports studio in Florida for several months and captured all of the behind the scenes footage of the game creation process, right down to the art team explaining how an image of the Auburn War Eagle goes from computer skeleton model to flying polygonal mascot.

If you ever thought about working in the video games industry, this is a great piece to watch as you get to see a lot of the hard work that it takes to actually make a video game.

Episode 1

Episode 2

Episode 3

Episode 4

Comments 72 Comments
      gschwendt -
      Awesome. Looks like it will give a lot of the experience that we get when we go down to Orlando... except for JB's karaoke that is.
      JeffHCross -
      Quote Originally Posted by gschwendt View Post
      except for JB's karaoke that is.
      They're trying to attract viewers, man.

It is strange that they're waiting to premiere this until after release ... but eh, I guess it's not that long of a wait.
      gschwendt -
      An official description from ESPN now available
      http://espn.go.com/espn/thelife/vide...12-documentary
      From the all-new motion-captured tackles to a playbook session with Georgia Tech head coach Paul Johnson to even an early play test with Snoop Dogg, if you've ever wondered how a video game like "NCAA Football 12" is developed, ESPN U has you covered with a new four-part mini-series entitled "The Making of EA Sports NCAA Football 12."

Basically, a documentary crew camped out at the EA Sports studio in Florida for several months and captured all of the behind the scenes footage of the game creation process, right down to the art team explaining how an image of the Auburn War Eagle goes from computer skeleton model to flying polygonal mascot.

If you ever thought about working in the video games industry, this is a great piece to watch as you get to see a lot of the hard work that it takes to actually make a video game.

Here is the initial schedule of dates and times the series will air on ESPN U:

Episode 1: July 14, 7:30pm EST
      Episode 2: July 21, 7:30pm EST
      Episode 3: July 28, 7:30pm EST
      Episode 4: August 4, 7:30pm EST
      osufan4life -
      I'm a sucker for most "making of" type things anyway so this should be excellent
      Cipher 8 -
      Since I'm considering of going to school for Game Design this is a must watch for me but say I miss a episode, will it be uploaded online anywhere to re-watch?
      ram29jackson -
      I honestly wonder if it will show or tell anything that could be considered in depth or interesting?

besides,..most everyone will be playing the game in week one haha, they better replay this a few times this month and during the winter haha
      JeffHCross -
      Quote Originally Posted by ram29jackson View Post
      I honestly wonder if it will show or tell anything that could be considered in depth or interesting?
      You'd figure two hours would show something moderately interesting. There are a few things shown in the trailer that I only have a moderate amount of knowledge on, so I'll definitely be hoping for more.
      JBHuskers -
      Quote Originally Posted by gschwendt View Post
      Awesome. Looks like it will give a lot of the experience that we get when we go down to Orlando... except for JB's karaoke that is.
      Quote Originally Posted by JeffHCross View Post
      They're trying to attract viewers, man.

It is strange that they're waiting to premiere this until after release ... but eh, I guess it's not that long of a wait.
      Hey there...I put on a DAMN good show thank you.
      Sgt USMC 68 -
      Episode 1 premieres on ESPNU July 14th at 7pm ET and NCAA Football 12 comes out July 12th
      NatureBoy -
      I was pretty sure I got ESPNU but I just checked and I don't.
      psusnoop -
      This should be a good watch, I'll be tuning in for sure.
      JBHuskers -
      DVR is set for tonight
      SmoothPancakes -
      I'm not going to get to watch it. Those stupid money grubbing bastards at Time Warner don't have ESPNU on this cable package.
      JBHuskers -
      Quote Originally Posted by SmoothPancakes View Post
      I'm not going to get to watch it. Those stupid money grubbing bastards at Time Warner don't have ESPNU on this cable package.
      Yeah it's a digital cable only channel.
      psusnoop -
      Just set the DVR so I don't miss this.
      JBHuskers -
      Quote Originally Posted by psusnoop View Post
      Just set the DVR so I don't miss this.
      Would be sweet if TGT got mentioned
      psusnoop -
      Quote Originally Posted by JBHuskers View Post
      Would be sweet if TGT got mentioned

That would be real sweet!
      TcuFrog5 -
      this should be interesting
      bruinkid626 -
      Any way to watch this online?
      ram29jackson -
      did you guys notice a film crew when going to EA for game testing ?