• ESPN U Series: The Making of NCAA Football 12

Be sure to watch The Making of NCAA Football 12, a four-part series on the development of NCAA Football 12 airing on ESPNU. The show will take you behind-the-scenes and into the studio as the EA SPORTS team races to finish it's perennial college football powerhouse.

Continue on to see all four episodes - in their entirety - on YouTube.

From the all-new motion-captured tackles to a playbook session with Georgia Tech head coach Paul Johnson to even an early play test with Snoop Dogg, if you've ever wondered how a video game like "NCAA Football 12" is developed, ESPN U has you covered with a new four-part mini-series entitled "The Making of EA Sports NCAA Football 12."

Basically, a documentary crew camped out at the EA Sports studio in Florida for several months and captured all of the behind the scenes footage of the game creation process, right down to the art team explaining how an image of the Auburn War Eagle goes from computer skeleton model to flying polygonal mascot.

If you ever thought about working in the video games industry, this is a great piece to watch as you get to see a lot of the hard work that it takes to actually make a video game.

Episode 1

Episode 2

Episode 3

Episode 4

Comments 72 Comments
      Paakaa10 -
      Quote Originally Posted by ram29jackson View Post
      did you guys notice a film crew when going to EA for game testing ?
      I never saw any film crew guys while I was there; unless they were being really sneaky, don't think you'll be seeing any of us on TV.
      cdj -
      did you guys notice a film crew when going to EA for game testing ?
      They were there the week before us in May.
      ram29jackson -
      its on now
      JBHuskers -
      The Gaming Tailgate gets a little love......

ram29jackson -
      it was too fast, no one really saw it on tv
      ram29jackson -
      we wont find out anything too fascinating. Its just 4- half hour commercials telling you to buy game before season starts.....being in board room, in a t shirt must be nice.
      psusnoop -
      I just watched it and I caught both of those JB. I was looking for them though too
      souljahbill -
      I just finished watching it. Interesting stuff. The "U" thing was the most interesting. Funny how one of the guys in the meeting asked, "What's coaching carousel?" A ball pen as a meeting table is pretty awesome. It's cool to see everyone reaping their alma mater at their cubicle. No wonder the big schools got big fancy intros. Walking around the office, you see LSU, Florida, Alabama, Auburn (who uses a golden eagle as their eagle ironically ). Saw the bullrush mo-cap session and watched the guy change the location of the Ramblin' Wreck in like, 2 minutes. All in all, interesting stuff.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      OSUCowboyofMD -
      Poor Alex. He seems like a nice guy, sucks he couldn't get any PT
      ram29jackson -
      who's Alex?
      OSUCowboyofMD -
      who's Alex?
      Alex Howell RTG designer
      Kwizzy -
      Quote Originally Posted by souljahbill View Post
      I just finished watching it. Interesting stuff. The "U" thing was the most interesting. Funny how one of the guys in the meeting asked, "What's coaching carousel?" A ball pen as a meeting table is pretty awesome. It's cool to see everyone reaping their alma mater at their cubicle. No wonder the big schools got big fancy intros. Walking around the office, you see LSU, Florida, Alabama, Auburn (who uses a golden eagle as their eagle ironically ). Saw the bullrush mo-cap session and watched the guy change the location of the Ramblin' Wreck in like, 2 minutes. All in all, interesting stuff.

For the record, that was Roy Harvey the Executive Producer that asked what CC was & I guarantee he just wanted Ben to describe it better for the cameras. Roy probably spends more time going over community feedback than just about anyone, I promise you he is/was well aware of what CC is.
      JBHuskers -
      Quote Originally Posted by Kwizzy View Post
      For the record, that was Roy Harvey the Executive Producer that asked what CC was & I guarantee he just wanted Ben to describe it better for the cameras. Roy probably spends more time going over community feedback than just about anyone, I promise you he is/was well aware of what CC is.
      Yeah he asked the question not because he didn't know what it was....he just wanted it reiterated in front of the cameras
      souljahbill -
      What a bunch of hacks, playing it up for the cameras. LOL!

JBHuskers -
      What a bunch of hacks, playing it up for the cameras. LOL!

Cuz that never happens in the history of television
      OSUCowboyofMD -
      ...and watched the guy change the location of the Ramblin' Wreck in like, 2 minutes. All in all, interesting stuff.
      Speaking of changing the location..., why does Maryland rub Testudo, and then run out of the other endzone? There's not even a tunnel there and it's not even just MD, it's other teams too!
      ram29jackson -
      Quote Originally Posted by OSUCowboyofMD View Post
      Speaking of changing the location..., why does Maryland rub Testudo, and then run out of the other endzone? There's not even a tunnel there and it's not even just MD, it's other teams too!
      its a video game dude, just a video game
      OSUCowboyofMD -
      its a video game dude, just a video game
      cdj -
      Episode 2 airs tonight at 7 PM ET on ESPNU. Here a couple teaser vids for tonight's episode.

JBHuskers -
      I'm going to try to rig my Hauppauge to my cable box to capture these shows to put on DVD.