• NCAA Football 12 Review Central

The review embargo has been lifted and we will start to see reviews pouring in over the weekend for NCAA Football 12. The first review is in from Game Informer. We'll update this posting as new reviews are posted. Continue after the break to see their score and a link to their review.

GameInformer - 9/10
    The year after a championship can be tricky. You may be the team to beat, but you still have a long road ahead of you as you try to recapture that magic. Last year, EA came out with a great college football product that captured the feeling of the sport. NCAA 12 builds upon NCAA 11 with a list of improvements, but how much better is it?

PastaPadre Impressions
    NCAA Football 12 has experienced its share of ups and downs in the lead-up to its Tuesday release. The series continues to present one of the strongest feature sets amongst sports games and comes off a well-regarded iteration. It has stumbled in the last month or so however as EA Sports committed several missteps that hampered anticipation levels and followed that with notable indications of desperation on their part to build back some excitement. After spending an extensive amount of time already with NCAA Football 12 here are my initial impressions of the offering with more coverage to follow over the coming days.

IGN - 8.5
    College is many things to many people, but my four years at Mizzou were defined by football. Faurot Field, the colors black and gold, and waking up at 5 a.m. to be at the tailgate spot long before kickoff are the memories that define my college experience. If you're an NCAA football fan, chances are you have some kind of memory similar to this -- college is all about tradition, and that's what NCAA Football 12 brings to the forefront this year alongside a bunch of other bells and whistles.
    NCAA Football 12 is EA Sports and developer Tiburon's latest stab at boiling down one of America's most revered pastimes to something you can play in your living room. Luckily for players, NCAA Football 12 is great at this. It takes all the teams, stadiums, fight songs as well as pomp and circumstance we'd expect and shoves it on a disc for you to enjoy.

Planet XBOX 360 - 9.4
    It’s that time of year again, where the fans and alumni from rival schools around the country are getting fired up for the upcoming season. No its not College Football season yet, but it is time for EA Sports to release their annual NCAA Football series. NCAA Football 12 is the copulation from 5 years of football games from EA Sports and Tiburon team on the Xbox 360. This year’s game is the Gold at the end of the rainbow for College Football fans as NCAA Football 12 looks to knock out any thought fans may have about buying the game annually

Game-Boyz - 9.0
    Every year it appears as though EA Sports NCAA Football game is gaining more and more in the popularity department. It has come to the point where many, including myself, view the game to be on par with EA Sports’ Madden Football game. Last year, NCAA Football 11 managed to accurately capture the American college football experience in all its glory. Life like players, booming marching band sounds, and a highly enjoyable virtual football experience made for a game which was truly a must own, not only for NCAA fans, but for all football in general. Long since considered a game meant to wet your appetite before the yearly Madden installment arrives, EA Sports NCAA Football is back and looking to grow on last year’s success. After some time spent with EA Sports' latest installment in the College Football franchise (the Xbox 360 version), there is no question it delivers and the game has been improved on many levels. But is this enough? Read on to find out.

We'll continue to update this posting as new reviews are released.
    Comments 67 Comments
      Pig Bomb -
      these guys look to be spot on looking at their comments and reviews...cant wait to get my hands on the game!
      Pantera1968 -
      The only small nitpick I have is where he mentioned Corso no longer being in the booth . . that's the same as last year and I LOVED it!
      ram29jackson -
      Corso not being in game is a tragedy
      beartide06 -
      When I first read the review I thought it was going to get a mediocre rating because he didn't say too many positive things in regard to the game lol.
      JBHuskers -
      Quote Originally Posted by beartide06 View Post
      When I first read the review I thought it was going to get a mediocre rating because he didn't say too many positive things in regard to the game lol.
      That's kinda what I thought based on his body of work on the review then he gave it a 9/10.
      morsdraconis -
      Truthfully, it was a pretty shitty review. Game Informer never has good reviews. I usually just use Metacritic for reviews since I can get a good idea of what is good and bad about the game from several different sources. If you have one moron complaining about something but no one else, it's pretty obvious that that is a non-issue.
      Coach Kernzy -
      Good call mors, I use metacritic and gamerankings.com as well. Both give aggregate scores of all the reviews given. Great way to get a much broader view of a game rather that using one or two specific reviews.
      JeffHCross -
      Game Informer is the only review up so far (at either site, actually), but here's some quick links. Like you guys, I use both Metacritic and GameRankings.

Meta (PS3): http://www.metacritic.com/game/plays...aa-football-12
      Meta (360): http://www.metacritic.com/game/xbox-...aa-football-12
      GR (PS3): http://www.gamerankings.com/ps3/6246...-12/index.html
      GR (360): http://www.gamerankings.com/xbox360/...-12/index.html
      Unconquered -
      Mainstream reviewers are clueless about football in general and college football in particular. I'll wait for a review from TGT.
      gschwendt -
      Quote Originally Posted by Unconquered View Post
      Mainstream reviewers are clueless about football in general and college football in particular. I'll wait for a review from TGT.
      Our review is already in... "It's great."
      Agent AC27 -
      Quote Originally Posted by Unconquered View Post
      Exactly, i'm with you. I'll see what TGT has to say.
      Agent AC27 -
      Quote Originally Posted by gschwendt View Post
      Our review is already in... "It's great."
      LOL....that's what i was hoping to hear.
      Coach Kernzy -
      Just "It's great."

Is it the best of the current gen NCAA titles or might it even be the best of any NCAA title on any console?
      gschwendt -
      Quote Originally Posted by Coach Kernzy View Post
      Just "It's great."

Is it the best of the current gen NCAA titles or might it even be the best of any NCAA title on any console?
      I think I already put that answer in one of the Q&A threads (go find it!)

Just kidding.

Yes. I do consider this to be the best of not only this generation of consoles but also best of the entire NCAA Football series.
      One caveat is that I didn't really dive deep into NCAA until NCAA03 but have owned every one since then.

Regardless though, the "small touches" that were made to this game, have made this game! There's still lots that can be added but it's very nice to see the direction that they are taking the series from 11 to 12 and then looking towards the future.
      Coach Kernzy -
      Excellent news, thank you for that candid response
      oweb26 -
      Quote Originally Posted by gschwendt View Post
      I think I already put that answer in one of the Q&A threads (go find it!)

Just kidding.

Yes. I do consider this to be the best of not only this generation of consoles but also best of the entire NCAA Football series.
      One caveat is that I didn't really dive deep into NCAA until NCAA03 but have owned every one since then.

Regardless though, the "small touches" that were made to this game, have made this game! There's still lots that can be added but it's very nice to see the direction that they are taking the series from 11 to 12 and then looking towards the future.

Your not going to implode in a rant in about two months are you that totally goes against your review? OR do I have to wait two months to find out, you know that seems like the norm sometimes on the first reviews of these games.
      gschwendt -
      Quote Originally Posted by oweb26 View Post
      Your not going to implode in a rant in about two months are you that totally goes against your review? OR do I have to wait two months to find out, you know that seems like the norm sometimes on the first reviews of these games.
      I don't think so. I generally try to be conservative in my opinions just for that simple fact... I don't want to come back later and think "wtf was I thinking??!". Unless something drastic changes from today to 2 months from now, I imagine I'll still be standing by my opinion, much in the same way that I stood by my early opinion that NCAA11 was the best of this generation (honestly not a hard opinion to take).

I would be curious if you were to bump this in two months (set your calendar) to be able to look back at thoughts. Though going back from our pre-release coverage of NCAA11, it looks like those comments were fairly accurate through the course of the year.
      JeffHCross -
      Quote Originally Posted by oweb26 View Post
      Your not going to implode in a rant in about two months are you that totally goes against your review?
      We leave that to guys like I_OU, the king of rants that run contrary to his first impression
      Jayrah -
      Quote Originally Posted by ram29jackson View Post
      Corso not being in game is a tragedy
      No it is a blessing. He made it nearly impossible to listen to the announcers. Plus he's not (and hasn't been in any for a long time) game broadcasts to speak of.
      JeffHCross -
      Quote Originally Posted by Jayrah View Post
      No it is a blessing. He made it nearly impossible to listen to the announcers. Plus he's not (and hasn't been in any for a long time) game broadcasts to speak of.
      Has it really been 7 years (2004) since Corso did Thursday night games with Tirico and Kirk?