• NCAA Football 12: Game Track

In this quick clip from EA SPORTS, we learn more about Game Track, a new presentation aspect coming to NCAA Football 12.

Similar to ESPN college football broadcasts, Game Track will show game highlights while game commentators (Brad, Kirk, and Erin) will discuss specific game topics. These topics can be relatively simple in context (a great game by a running back) or rather specific (a great game by a freshman quarterback in the rain). Game Track will always appear following the opening kickoff of the third quarter and will also appear during the course of the action to highlight great performances.

After checking out the video, share your thoughts with the community.

Comments 48 Comments
      Rudy -
      I think this stuff looks really good but I don't like the way the devs use replay very much. I prefer more zoomed out looks and less uber zoomed in shots of guys. Last year's replay system was poor imo and I just hope there is a good variety of zoomed stuff but also pressbox type of replays as well.
      beartide06 -
      Ok CD guys, did y'all get to really see gametrack in depth or for long lengths of time any? If so, did it seem like it got repetitive at all? IMO gametrack sounds and looks really amazing and adds a lot of presentation and individuality to the game that it has been lacking in previous iterations. It is def something I have been looking for and this is a great step in the right direction.
      cdj -
      Quote Originally Posted by beartide06 View Post
      Ok CD guys, did y'all get to really see gametrack in depth or for long lengths of time any? If so, did it seem like it got repetitive at all? IMO gametrack sounds and looks really amazing and adds a lot of presentation and individuality to the game that it has been lacking in previous iterations. It is def something I have been looking for and this is a great step in the right direction.
      Aside from the guaranteed Start of Third Quarter Game Track, I didn't trigger it very often. The devs did say they added several commentary lines for each event, so though you may trigger a Game Track for one certain event a couple times in one season, you may have different commentary each time. If you trigger one Game Track even too often, I suppose it would get repetitive, but I'm not sure how often most will pop up (aside from the 3rd Qtr trigger, but that one could discuss a variety of things.

They can discuss player performance or even team performance such as a high number of sacks or a big upset in the making.
      Kwizzy -
      What I saw of it it was very nice. It adds quite a bit to that telecast feel that EA is trying to present. That being said, I don't know how repetitive it will get because that's tough to tell in the setting we've played the game in IMO.
      Paakaa10 -
      I triggered it once in the fourth quarter of a game after my halfback scored his third touchdown of the game; it was cool to see--showed replays of the scoring plays with the commentary overlay--and as the other guys have said, I think the only way you would get tired of it is if you were consistently having huge games with players at the same position.

The post-halftime Game Track is pretty inoffensive as well; I saw multiple "versions" of it that were well-suited to the tone and play of the game to that point in each case. They aren't limited to just "Team A is doing great" or "Team B is playing terrible" either; I had one post-halftime Game Track talking about how both teams were having trouble in the passing game because there were multiple INTs on each side.
      Tarhead10 -
      Yeah I liked the First Half Analysis, that was pretty cool.... Definitely adds a little nice touch to presentation and in-game feel....
      Gotmadskillzson -
      Hopefully Game Track is a stepping stone for pre-game, halftime and post game shows for next year. I mean how cool would it to be playing dynasty mode and during week 6, they show a game track highlight from one of your earlier games during the pre-game show to show how dangerous you been all season long.
      Paakaa10 -
      Quote Originally Posted by Gotmadskillzson View Post
      I mean how cool would it to be playing dynasty mode and during week 6, they show a game track highlight from one of your earlier games during the pre-game show to show how dangerous you been all season long.
      It would be very cool, but I think it would also be pretty memory intensive to 1) save the Game Track highlight from all of the games in your Dynasty and then 2) select the appropriate highlight from the saved directory and finally 3) seamlessly access that highlight file and integrate it into the presentation for the game that you are currently playing without crashing your current game session. It would take a significant amount of programming work under the hood in order to get it to a state where you don't have errors in the recall.

I definitely think this is a good step towards improving presentation for the future, but there will still be technical hurdles to overcome before something like what you mention here is feasible enough to clear all QA certifications.
      illwill10 -
      Will Gametrack be in RTG?
      Paakaa10 -
      Quote Originally Posted by illwill10 View Post
      Will Gametrack be in RTG?
      I didn't log enough game time--most of my Road to Glory playing was spent in practices--to be able to remember whether or not the mode has the specific Game Track presentation. That said, the Q&A with Alex Howell that went online yesterday--along with Alex's comments during the UStream today--have mentioned that there are specific presentational elements to highlight your player in Road to Glory mode.
      beartide06 -
      Thanks guys. Appreciate it. It sounds very promising from what you guys have stated. As y'all also said, I don't think it would get TOO repetitive at all since their are so many variations and mix and match opportunities. Even if it is a bit repetitive, this is their first go round at this and they can build off of what they have now and make even better strides next year and the years following. Like Gotmadskillzson said, it could open up fro pre-game shows and post game shows in the future or possibly highlight shows from week to week. However, I think that may be what the dynasty wire is for. For us to create our own stories and highlights online and put them into our OD's for all to see.
      illwill10 -
      Quote Originally Posted by Paakaa10 View Post
      I didn't log enough game time--most of my Road to Glory playing was spent in practices--to be able to remember whether or not the mode has the specific Game Track presentation. That said, the Q&A with Alex Howell that went online yesterday--along with Alex's comments during the UStream today--have mentioned that there are specific presentational elements to highlight your player in Road to Glory mode.
      JBH just told me that RTG has a montage thing like GameTrack called "Legend's Spotlight".
      pirates946 -
      I love this idea but im just afraid it will be triggered too often.
      steelerfan -
      I got it a couple of times for big games by d-linemen (where I play when on defense).

My knee-jerk would be to say that if you're getting the same ones over and over - adjust your sliders, lol.
      Pig Bomb -
      Game Track.... oh I thought it said Game Rack!! My bad....
      psusnoop -
      I think they sounded and looked good. It will add to the experience overall for sure.
      PeteyKirch -
      I wish there were more Broadcast Cam highlights.
      jaymo76 -
      Nice addition... I just hope it is triggered on a regular basis.
      jaymo76 -
      Quote Originally Posted by Pig Bomb View Post
      Speaking of triggers...
      Deuce -
      Quote Originally Posted by Pig Bomb View Post
      Daaayyyyuuummm!