• More Raw Gameplay Footage from NCAA Football 12 - Utah at Colorado and Alabama at Oklahoma State

EA has posted two new gameplay videos for NCAA Football 12, one featuring the two new PAC-12 members, Utah Utes at Colorado Buffaloes, and the other focusing on Zone Defense with Alabama at Oklahoma State. Continue after the break to check out the videos and let us know what you think.

Comments 122 Comments
      Kwizzy -
      Just clarified too, the game was set on All-American difficulty for this game.
      Flav -
      "I really liked the idea of trying to run, but the defense really made him pay for trying to run" ..........What? Other than that gameplay looks good
      gschwendt -
      Quote Originally Posted by Flav View Post
      "I really liked the idea of trying to run, but the defense really made him pay for trying to run" ..........What?
      He's talking about the quarterback giving the impression of scrambling... hence Brad saying "called his own number on that one".
      Treadstone6700 -
      Quote Originally Posted by Flav View Post
      "I really liked the idea of trying to run, but the defense really made him pay for trying to run" ..........What? Other than that gameplay looks good
      My favorite is "Sometimes as a quarterback you have so many things to worry about, what's the coverage, where's the pressure coming from and so on that you lose focus sometimes throwing a catchable ball. Here, he just missed the target."

...which happens right after the QB gets drilled and it's a complete miracle that he even got a "pass" away
      xGRIDIRONxGURUx -
      AHAAAAAAAAAAA thank you JESUS... ive been asking for it here or at Utopia... talking about hopefully them changing the play action where the player icon even in USER GAMES will swap to the guy you faked to then come back to the QB, and it is in NCAA 12... man that makes such a big difference when you face people who user the FS and have really sharp stick skills...

"E"
      xGRIDIRONxGURUx -
      @Oneback... @ 8:50 the play where he scrambles... the RCB (left of our screen) plays a perfect alley drill on the 2 seams... is this something you saw in the builds you played? because that is NOT in any previous version, he would immediately commit to the outside WR leaving the seams wide open... thats a VERY nice change...

"E"
      xGRIDIRONxGURUx -
      ok sorry for lighting this up but next play starting @ 9:08 i like when he checks down to the back, you can see what happens when you mistime the new tackle button... nice user move to cut back up for the 1st...

still havent seen that "over-powered bull rush" lol that was supposed to plague the game...

"E"
      Paakaa10 -
      Quote Originally Posted by xGRIDIRONxGURUx View Post
      still havent seen that "over-powered bull rush" lol that was supposed to plague the game...
      And not a single diving catch to be found either!

I really like the play at 4:55 of the video as an example that even though zone defense has been improved, it hasn't been improved to the point of being cheap or overpowering. With two receivers on the left side of the field and two defensive backs playing zones (one mid, one deep) it's just a great bit of recognition by the Utah player to see the sideline receiver with space.

EDIT: For people wanting to break that play down further, I believe the playcall was "Y Shallow Cross" on offense and "CB Dogs Zone" on defense.
      xMrHitStickx904 -
      game looks great, and it plays a bit slower than some of the videos from previous builds. commentary is getting muted, but I even do that with 2K, so no big deal lol. I'm noticing how much momentum and acceleration is coming into play. The LB who ran back the interception, was the same LB who got beat on that inside curl route by the RB for a first down. Having a fast LB core is really going to be crucial, especially against the spread attacks.
      JBHuskers -
      Yeah the bull rush was rare when we last had our hands on it....diving catches must have been toned down a hair though. I remember seeing them at least 2-3 times a game.
      Pig Bomb -
      this just gets me more fired up!
      xMrHitStickx904 -
      Quote Originally Posted by Paakaa10 View Post
      And not a single diving catch to be found either!

I really like the play at 4:55 of the video as an example that even though zone defense has been improved, it hasn't been improved to the point of being cheap or overpowering. With two receivers on the left side of the field and two defensive backs playing zones (one mid, one deep) it's just a great bit of recognition by the Utah player to see the sideline receiver with space.

EDIT: For people wanting to break that play down further, I believe the playcall was "Y Shallow Cross" on offense and "CB Dogs Zone" on defense.
      yeah, that was a given TD. The shallow cross was wide open, and the safety is supposed to account for the outside receiver. He was user controlled. so the guy played closer towards the middle, which left the outside streak wide open. If I realize that I have to manually cover two people, always cover the man with the deeper route to lessen the damage.
      Tarhead10 -
      Looks great... Also you can really tell that the lighting makes it look even better than last year(which looked great)... Looks more like saturdays than ever before!!
      Paakaa10 -
      Quote Originally Posted by xMrHitStickx904 View Post
      yeah, that was a given TD. The shallow cross was wide open, and the safety is supposed to account for the outside receiver. He was user controlled. so the guy played closer towards the middle, which left the outside streak wide open. If I realize that I have to manually cover two people, always cover the man with the deeper route to lessen the damage.
      After looking at the play again, it looks like the user-controlled defender was the LOLB for the majority of the play; the Colorado player only switched to the safety after the pass was already in the air and it was too late to adjust to make a play.
      xMrHitStickx904 -
      Quote Originally Posted by Paakaa10 View Post
      After looking at the play again, it looks like the user-controlled defender was the LOLB for the majority of the play; the Colorado player only switched to the safety after the pass was already in the air and it was too late to adjust to make a play.
      yeah, my mistake. The concept is still the same though, except he used the wrong LB imo. Just not a big fan of a corner blitz, especially sending both of them.
      xGRIDIRONxGURUx -
      Quote Originally Posted by xMrHitStickx904 View Post
      same LB who got beat on that inside curl route by the RB for a first down. Having a fast LB core is really going to be crucial, especially against the spread attacks.
      actually was the pivot route on the backside of the spot concept if i recall... the LB jumped the inside and trailed right away the way it should be... not the defender jumping the outside at the break of the route like we see on NCAA 11... but yeah was nice to see him stutter on that double move...

"E"
      th3 last tiger -
      What was Colorado wearing
      gschwendt -
      Quote Originally Posted by th3 last tiger View Post
      Both teams are wearing alternate uniforms... those are Colorado throwback uniforms.
      Tarhead10 -
      Yeah I wish they would have picked the throwbacks from the early 90's...I think those are the 30's unis...
      ram29jackson -
      Quote Originally Posted by gschwendt View Post
      Both teams are wearing alternate uniforms... those are Colorado throwback uniforms.

they were in the game last year too