• Announcing the Farewell to NCAA Football 11 Tournament

In an effort to say good-bye to NCAA Football 11, we'll be holding a site-wide tournament. Additionally, due to the outage of the PSN network at the time, this will serve in place of the tournament we had planned for our one year anniversary. Just a fun tournament, this will help us test our newly implemented tournaments & ladder system for the forum and give us a taste of something of the things we hope to do in the next year for NCAA Football 12.

We have tournaments for both the PS3 and the 360. To register for the PS3 tournament or for the 360 tournament, click the link for the tournament you want to join and then below the description, you'll see a button to "Join Tournament", click it to join.

The tournament will kickoff on Friday at midnight. The matchups will be drawn at random. Players are expected to play with basic fair play standards, I think most of us understand that but if you have any questions, feel free to ask. Games will be played as ranked games using 5 minute quarters, teams will be up to the two users to decide... if you both want to use powerhouses, feel free; if you both want to use cupcake teams, feel free.

As mentioned, this is a Farewell to NCAA Football 11, One Year Anniversary, and Test Tournament all rolled into one. We hope to do more with this throughout the next year including not only tournaments but also a year-long ladder system. Let us know any feedback as we progress through the tournament but let's have fun with it and best of luck to everyone.
    Comments 120 Comments
      CLW -
      I'd like to sign up but I'm afraid my moving will hold you guys up.
      psusnoop -
      I'd like to see some more involvement in this from the community so I'm bumping this back up top
      Justin66 -
      signed up for the 360 tourney gt is JCASH66 can play saturday at about 12 cst
      psusnoop -
      Nice and welcome to the boards Justin66.
      texacotea -
      In, and no offense Dr Death but the colors and image inserts annoy the piss out of me....thats just me though. Seems to me it would be easier to let things go as they are IMO (which means nothing)
      Buckeye -
      In - ps3. Haven't played '11 much...might as well get something out of it before the trade-in!
      psusnoop -
      Filling up now, got 3 spots till we hit 16 for the PS3 and there are 8 currently in for Xbox. Not bad, but some need to quit hiding () it's time for one more fun tourney before 11 gets sealed back up.
      Dr Death -
      Quote Originally Posted by psusnoop View Post
      Filling up now, got 3 spots till we hit 16 for the PS3 and there are 8 currently in for Xbox. Not bad, but some need to quit hiding () it's time for one more fun tourney before 11 gets sealed back up.
      Since I've never done one of these tournaments, what are the rules? How long are the quarters? What level? AA? Heisman? And what about rosters... if I have different rosters than others, how will this affect the game and/or connection? Sorry for the noob questions... just wondering.
      texacotea -
      Quote Originally Posted by Dr Death View Post
      Since I've never done one of these tournaments, what are the rules? How long are the quarters? What level? AA? Heisman? And what about rosters... if I have different rosters than others, how will this affect the game and/or connection? Sorry for the noob questions... just wondering.
      Rosters will be default rosters that are online, pretty sure its default AA and says 5 mins quarters. Rules are the standard "SIM" play rules.

someone correct me if im wrong
      hawkeyeguy -
      In for the Xbox one
      Dr Death -
      Quote Originally Posted by texacotea View Post
      Rosters will be default rosters that are online, pretty sure its default AA and says 5 mins quarters. Rules are the standard "SIM" play rules.

someone correct me if im wrong
      Okay. Thanks!
      psuexv -
      I take it we are waiting until it's completely full to start? Is there a deadline that we just go with what we've got?
      gschwendt -
      Quote Originally Posted by psuexv View Post
      I take it we are waiting until it's completely full to start? Is there a deadline that we just go with what we've got?
      Tournament starts this Friday at midnight... regardless of how many have signed up.
      psuexv -
      Quote Originally Posted by gschwendt View Post
      Tournament starts this Friday at midnight... regardless of how many have signed up.
      Thanks G -Now that I go back and pay attention to the 1st post I see that.
      kboth11 -
      i know u guys dont recognize me but ive followed this site for a while. i saw this tourney pop up so i wanted to see how my game fairs against u guys. i know when it starts at 12 on fri night but if u advance when r the rest of the games played? reason for asking is cause i work on sat during the day.
      steelerfan -
      Thursday night? Or do you mean Friday night?
      gschwendt -
      Quote Originally Posted by kboth11 View Post
      i know u guys dont recognize me but ive followed this site for a while. i saw this tourney pop up so i wanted to see how my game fairs against u guys. i know when it starts at 12 on fri night but if u advance when r the rest of the games played? reason for asking is cause i work on sat during the day.
      There's not a set advance schedule... we'll keep a steady pace but nothing set in stone. Just have to work with your opponent. Obviously if someone starts dragging then we'll go on without them. I'd prefer to have it run around a week so completed by the end of next weekend.
      Quote Originally Posted by steelerfan View Post
      Thursday night? Or do you mean Friday night?
      Games may begin Thursday night/Friday morning.
      steelerfan -
      Games may begin Thursday night.

Cue the man falling down the stairs gif.
      kboth11 -
      ok midnight start times r fine with me. ive never entered a tourney like this so i wanted to get an idea of the time frame. thanks
      psusnoop -
      LOL Steelerfan, I want you as my first draw and we'll play around 4am EST if that works for you.