• Announcing the Farewell to NCAA Football 11 Tournament

In an effort to say good-bye to NCAA Football 11, we'll be holding a site-wide tournament. Additionally, due to the outage of the PSN network at the time, this will serve in place of the tournament we had planned for our one year anniversary. Just a fun tournament, this will help us test our newly implemented tournaments & ladder system for the forum and give us a taste of something of the things we hope to do in the next year for NCAA Football 12.

We have tournaments for both the PS3 and the 360. To register for the PS3 tournament or for the 360 tournament, click the link for the tournament you want to join and then below the description, you'll see a button to "Join Tournament", click it to join.

The tournament will kickoff on Friday at midnight. The matchups will be drawn at random. Players are expected to play with basic fair play standards, I think most of us understand that but if you have any questions, feel free to ask. Games will be played as ranked games using 5 minute quarters, teams will be up to the two users to decide... if you both want to use powerhouses, feel free; if you both want to use cupcake teams, feel free.

As mentioned, this is a Farewell to NCAA Football 11, One Year Anniversary, and Test Tournament all rolled into one. We hope to do more with this throughout the next year including not only tournaments but also a year-long ladder system. Let us know any feedback as we progress through the tournament but let's have fun with it and best of luck to everyone.
    Comments 120 Comments
      Dr Death -
      Quote Originally Posted by beartide06 View Post
      Ahhh nothing like some heated NCAA football 11 convo.
      Check your PM Bear...
      beartide06 -
      Got it sir. Let's play a practice game.
      morsdraconis -
      Quote Originally Posted by JBHuskers View Post
      Enough of the back and forth bickering about the game.
      And what I just realized that makes it that much worse is they weren't even playing for the tournament. They were just playing a dumb ass meaningless game.
      steelerfan -
      Quote Originally Posted by morsdraconis View Post
      And, that's why I don't like playing against humans. The e-penis effect is usually too large to deal with.
      +1

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using Tapatalk
      Rudy -
      PSU - I guess it's me and you. Did you want to try and get a game in tonight? I probably can't play until 9 pm as I have to get the kids to bed and all that.
      JBHuskers -
      Quote Originally Posted by morsdraconis View Post
      And what I just realized that makes it that much worse is they weren't even playing for the tournament. They were just playing a dumb ass meaningless game.
      psuexv -
      Quote Originally Posted by Rudy View Post
      PSU - I guess it's me and you. Did you want to try and get a game in tonight? I probably can't play until 9 pm as I have to get the kids to bed and all that.
      9pm est is usually the best for me as well for the same reason. I have a Powerhouse game to play tonight but we could try and go after that if you want.
      HairyDawg -
      Buckeye, we are matched up in the first game. Here is my availability:

Friday: Allday and Night
      Saturday: Allday, I have to go to work a 1AM (sunday morning) til 7AM
      Sunday: will be a tuff day to play since I have church, a father in law and my dad to visit with.

Teams don't matter to me.

GL Dawg
      steelerfan -
      Hmm. I drew Escobar. Something tells me this was rigged. Lol.

JBHuskers -
      Quote Originally Posted by steelerfan View Post
      Hmm. I drew Escobar. Something tells me this was rigged. Lol.

psusnoop -
      Oneback, well it's time for a rematch it appears. When do you want to play? You know my schedule as I know yours so if your around tonight around 10pm or a little earlier EST we can battle. Teams don't really matter to me, u can pick first and I'll match up.
      Buckeye -
      Quote Originally Posted by HairyDawg View Post
      Buckeye, we are matched up in the first game. Here is my availability:

Friday: Allday and Night
      Saturday: Allday, I have to go to work a 1AM (sunday morning) til 7AM
      Sunday: will be a tuff day to play since I have church, a father in law and my dad to visit with.

Teams don't matter to me.

GL Dawg
      Cool! Lets try to get this done today. I'll login ~ 7pm Central after work, so lets shoot for around that time-frame if it works for you. I will let you know latest by 3pm if my plans change due to work (shouldn't, but just in case).

Meanwhile, please add me on PSN - Scorpion404. Thanks!
      Rudy -
      Quote Originally Posted by psuexv View Post
      9pm est is usually the best for me as well for the same reason. I have a Powerhouse game to play tonight but we could try and go after that if you want.
      Just let me know when. I'm an old man that falls asleep but 10 pm is doable lol.

We using Michigan against Penn State?
      Rudy -
      Rudyjuly2 is username and I sent you a friend request on PSN . Tweet me if you want to get the game in tonight.
      gschwendt -
      Quote Originally Posted by Rudy View Post
      Rudyjuly2 is username and I sent you a friend request on PSN . Tweet me if you want to get the game in tonight.
      I think he was playing an OD game at 9pm ET so he's probably in the middle of that right now. Obviously he may catch you afterwards.
      xGRIDIRONxGURUx -
      MC1 i believe we are up... im a tad behind on the tournament... so can someone fill me in on the house rules for the tournament?

"E"
      xGRIDIRONxGURUx -
      scratch that scheduling bit... i found the correct place for scheduling... =)

but still is it ranked or unranked for the games?

"E"
      gschwendt -
      Quote Originally Posted by xGRIDIRONxGURUx View Post
      scratch that scheduling bit... i found the correct place for scheduling... =)

but still is it ranked or unranked for the games?

"E"
      Ranked, use at minimum basic fair-play gaming.
      beartide06 -
      I played and won against hawkeyeguy 27-19. He was Iowa and I was Virginia Tech. Great game might I add. He is a very legit player and I respect that greatly. Good game.
      HairyDawg -
      Buckeye and HairyDawg game is played, with Georgia (HairyDawg) beating Nebraska (Buckeye) 22-16