• Announcing the Farewell to NCAA Football 11 Tournament

In an effort to say good-bye to NCAA Football 11, we'll be holding a site-wide tournament. Additionally, due to the outage of the PSN network at the time, this will serve in place of the tournament we had planned for our one year anniversary. Just a fun tournament, this will help us test our newly implemented tournaments & ladder system for the forum and give us a taste of something of the things we hope to do in the next year for NCAA Football 12.

We have tournaments for both the PS3 and the 360. To register for the PS3 tournament or for the 360 tournament, click the link for the tournament you want to join and then below the description, you'll see a button to "Join Tournament", click it to join.

The tournament will kickoff on Friday at midnight. The matchups will be drawn at random. Players are expected to play with basic fair play standards, I think most of us understand that but if you have any questions, feel free to ask. Games will be played as ranked games using 5 minute quarters, teams will be up to the two users to decide... if you both want to use powerhouses, feel free; if you both want to use cupcake teams, feel free.

As mentioned, this is a Farewell to NCAA Football 11, One Year Anniversary, and Test Tournament all rolled into one. We hope to do more with this throughout the next year including not only tournaments but also a year-long ladder system. Let us know any feedback as we progress through the tournament but let's have fun with it and best of luck to everyone.
    Comments 120 Comments
      xGRIDIRONxGURUx -
      ill bring my loaded gun to the PS3 side of this... will be fun...

"E"
      JBHuskers -
      Quote Originally Posted by xGRIDIRONxGURUx View Post
      ill bring my loaded gun to the PS3 side of this... will be fun...

"E"
      Hope that doesn't mean what I think it means
      Kansacity88 -
      Okay, I am guessing NO on the TB team, eh? Okee-dokee....
      MC1 -
      Quote Originally Posted by psusnoop View Post
      Just click the bolded part of G's first post in this thread. Then click "Join" I think should be middle of the screen.
      Hey thanks 4 the heads up...now this happens this friday midnight edt, 11p central right?
      MC1 -
      This is gonna be good!
      gschwendt -
      Quote Originally Posted by Kansacity88 View Post
      Okay, I am guessing NO on the TB team, eh? Okee-dokee....
      Sorry, read it the first time you posted it but was in a meeting so forgot to come back & reply. I'll leave it up to you and your opponent but I personally would feel better that we didn't use TeamBuilder teams.

The reason being is that I know there are ways to manipulate the team ratings by "hiding" players... ie give a player great ratings except AWR (which effects gameplay very little). Not saying anyone would do that but at the same time, better to eliminate the possibility IMO.
      steelerfan -
      Quote Originally Posted by gschwendt View Post
      Sorry, read it the first time you posted it but was in a meeting so forgot to come back & reply. I'll leave it up to you and your opponent but I personally would feel better that we didn't use TeamBuilder teams.

The reason being is that I know there are ways to manipulate the team ratings by "hiding" players... ie give a player great ratings except AWR (which effects gameplay very little). Not saying anyone would do that but at the same time, better to eliminate the possibility IMO.
      +1

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using Tapatalk
      gschwendt -
      I've setup the 360 tournament as well so feel free to join that tournament if you're interested.
      http://www.thegamingtailgate.com/for...p?do=view&id=6
      Kansacity88 -
      You're right......I never thought about that! Well, I guess that shows why I am not running this thing! Ha! Okay, sounds good! Thanks for the response!
      MC1 -
      Quote Originally Posted by gschwendt View Post

I hope this is just a regular team tournament, I started playing after the PSN meltdown, so I have no experience with TeamBuilder
      Kansacity88 -
      It is......no worries! I was just inquiring about a thought I had. Sorry I brought it up guys! Had to ask though.
      Dr Death -
      Before I commit to this I just want to make sure my playing style will be acceptable to those on the 360 side of the tournament. I play 5-wide and throw... I am, after all, a huge Run & Shoot fan... I don't cheese, I won't go for it on 4th and 4 from my own 26, I don't use "cheat" plays... I just like to air it out.

I read the defense and approach the game as I would in real life... ala Mike Leach/June Jones. I don't want to commit to this though if some people will not like playing against me because of this.

The only thing I will do, if people are fine w/ this and I commit, I will want to be and my first move will be to place Adam James in the woodshed permanently. If this acceptable, let me know!
      Architekto -
      would love to join the 360 tourney
      CloneFan4 -
      Quote Originally Posted by Dr Death View Post
      Before I commit to this I just want to make sure my playing style will be acceptable to those on the 360 side of the tournament. I play 5-wide and throw... I am, after all, a huge Run & Shoot fan... I don't cheese, I won't go for it on 4th and 4 from my own 26, I don't use "cheat" plays... I just like to air it out.

I read the defense and approach the game as I would in real life... ala Mike Leach/June Jones. I don't want to commit to this though if some people will not like playing against me because of this.

The only thing I will do, if people are fine w/ this and I commit, I will want to be and my first move will be to place Adam James in the woodshed permanently. If this acceptable, let me know!
      Completely acceptable by me. The run and shoot is a realistic type of offense that is becoming more and more popular. If anybody has a problem with people using different types of offenses they need to get over themselves and grow up. We all have the same advantage of using the same type of plays and offenses. I know just how much T Tech likes to pass since I'm a big Iowa State fan. Too bad it didnt phase us last year. Haha go Clones.
      Dr Death -
      Quote Originally Posted by CloneFan4 View Post
      I know just how much T Tech likes to pass since I'm a big Iowa State fan. Too bad it didnt phase us last year. Haha go Clones.
      You'll notice I said Mike Leach... not Tommy T... And thanks for the post!
      xGRIDIRONxGURUx -
      Quote Originally Posted by JBHuskers View Post
      Hope that doesn't mean what I think it means
      what do you think it means? dont get the comment...

"E"
      beartide06 -
      Yeah, a TB team would be fun. My question is this: Is midnight EST or CST or West Coast time? I would assume it's EST, but just want to make sure.

EDIT: I'm on 360 too...

That makes 5 360 players... as long as BearTide doesn't join, I'm in!

{BearTide is a BEAST!}
      I'm in, death!!! HAHA! So ummm watta ya say we play the first game buddy

EDIT: P.s. I do not cheese at all I promise. All fair gaming. No cheese plays, and no going for it at unrealistic moments. How is that even fun realistic football anyways? Ask Death, he will vouch for me I hope lol.
      Dr Death -
      Quote Originally Posted by beartide06 View Post
      I'm in, death!!! HAHA! So ummm watta ya say we play the first game buddy

EDIT: P.s. I do not cheese at all I promise. All fair gaming. No cheese plays, and no going for it at unrealistic moments. How is that even fun realistic football anyways? Ask Death, he will vouch for me I hope lol.
      BearTide is good. Damn good. One could even say... G--Damn good. So, BearTide, if you're in, the only way I will play is if you are or or some other crap team. Because if you're even someone halfway decent, you will win easily.

Trust me guys... I know. He's won every tournament in his town every year dating back some five or six years and when I play him I end up so frustrated... I end up killing the neighbors! That's why nobody moves in next to me anymore!

And the last one that did... that girl was cute. Damn shame...
      beartide06 -
      BearTide is good. Damn good. One could even say... G--Damn good. So, BearTide, if you're in, the only way I will play is if you are or or some other crap team. Because if you're even someone halfway decent, you will win easily.

Trust me guys... I know. He's won every tournament in his town every year dating back some five or six years and when I play him I end up so frustrated... I end up killing the neighbors! That's why nobody moves in next to me anymore!

And the last one that did... that girl was cute. Damn shame...
      Haha very nice! I appreciate the generous praises my friend. If we can get a practice game in with me being one of those teams, I really would be a sorry team and play. I have faith in my game that I can do well! I once beat my friend with UCF and he was notre dame when they had Brady Quinn and that bunch. He's a great player too. So, If you give me a practice game to see if I even stand a chance, I will gladly accept that challenge! Lol. Death brings death to the neighbors.... Tell them I'm sorry haha. Does that mean I'm charged with helping in the murder since I drove you to do such things!?
      Dr Death -
      Quote Originally Posted by beartide06 View Post
      Haha very nice! I appreciate the generous praises my friend. If we can get a practice game in with me being one of those teams, I really would be a sorry team and play. I have faith in my game that I can do well! I once beat my friend with UCF and he was notre dame when they had Brady Quinn and that bunch. He's a great player too. So, If you give me a practice game to see if I even stand a chance, I will gladly accept that challenge! Lol. Death brings death to the neighbors.... Tell them I'm sorry haha. Does that mean I'm charged with helping in the murder since I drove you to do such things!?
      How do you think I got the name Dr Death??? And yes... if you walk into any government office in this town, your photo is right there next to mine... as an accomplice!

I've been playing some Play Now games and I am rusty as an old gate... I think I'll be sitting this one out! I haven't played in a long time. I was playing at and the score was 6-3 at the half... and that's only because I kicked a FG as time ran out. When I can't score a TD on the CPU... oh Lord...