• 2011 EA SPORTS Game Changers Championship Series

The EA SPORTS Game Changers Championship Series returns with with the launch of NCAA Football 12!

The EA SPORTS Game Changers Championship Series is a 4 week NCAA Football 12 online competition played on the XBOX 360 and the PS3. Players will go head to head and play as many games as they want in order to be at the top of the polls at season's end for a chance to win a FREE copy of Madden NFL 12.

Who you play against, what team you use, and how you play the game will all be factored into the polls. At the end of the four-week period there will be numerous bowl games for each system that will be sponsored by different NCAA and Madden fan sites (including The Gaming Tailgate) where the winner will receive a prize. There will also be awards also to those who may not have been selected to go to a bowl game, so anyone can win something in this competition.

Some of the fan sites sponsoring Bowl Games and providing great prizes are: MyMaddenPad, The Gaming Tailgate, Madden Bible, Thru The Uprights, leagueManager, MaddenMatrix, and Madden News.

In the inaugural EA SPORTS Game Changers Championship Series, there were nearly 1000 games played on each system during the four week event and we look to boost this even more in year two.

So how does it work? MyMaddenPad has created a site where you can register for the competition. This website will track your games, list your wins and losses, show your feedback, and more. You’ll be able to set your rivals, your favorite team, a motto to live by, and an avatar. This site will have the latest polls but we will also be using the EA SPORTS NCAA Football 12 Forums to provide information and for you to call out the great game you had against another opponent.

So are you excited yet? This virtual football season will be the best yet and what better way to start it off than joining this competition and joining your friends on a quest to be #1 in the nation.

Competition starts Midnight on July 12, 2011, so register now and set up your profile at http://gamechangers.mymaddenpad.com.

Use the thread linked here to schedule games with your fellow TGT competitors.
    Comments 32 Comments
      NatureBoy -
      How many games will each person play? Is it as many/as little as a person want to play or a set amount. Thanks cdj.
      cdj -
      It's as few or as many as you want. Shopmaster (and others) will look at games played & teams used to come up with the Top 25 to put together bowl match-ups.

EDIT - Also, this is put together and organized by Shopmaster at MyMaddenPad.com. He deserves the credit.

TGT will be providing prizes to the bowl game we will be sponsoring. The prize pack will include a TGT Koozie and also a larger prize which is to be determined.
      xMrHitStickx904 -
      Just signed up, I love these competitions.
      I OU a Beatn -
      Signed up. I've been waiting for this since the end of last year's tournament. I played over 50 of those 1,000 last year.
      NatureBoy -
      Quote Originally Posted by cdj View Post
      It's as few or as many as you want. Shopmaster (and others) will look at games played & teams used to come up with the Top 25 to put together bowl match-ups.

EDIT - Also, this is put together and organized by Shopmaster at MyMaddenPad.com. He deserves the credit.

TGT will be providing prizes to the bowl game we will be sponsoring. The prize pack will include a TGT Koozie and also a larger prize which is to be determined.
      Thanks for the info. I went ahead and signed up. I'm looking forward to it.
      JBHuskers -
      Signed up again....was well done last year.
      ram29jackson -
      Quote Originally Posted by I OU a Beatn View Post
      Signed up. I've been waiting for this since the end of last year's tournament. I played over 50 of those 1,000 last year.
      i'll play you more than a few times again..it can be called practice
      CoreySA -
      Quote Originally Posted by JBHuskers View Post
      Signed up again....was well done last year.
      I'm most definitely in for this years series. Should be fun!
      psusnoop -
      I enjoyed this last year and I missed out on making the prize bowls by just a small margin. I will be deligent on making sure that doesn't happen this year
      Cody -
      Signing up
      iBrandon -
      I would join, but I don't feel like I have the time to put towards this. Plus, I'm sure there are tons of "cheesers" involved. You run into them during random games, I can only imagine how many there will be when prizes are involved.
      gschwendt -
      Quote Originally Posted by iBrandon View Post
      I would join, but I don't feel like I have the time to put towards this. Plus, I'm sure there are tons of "cheesers" involved. You run into them during random games, I can only imagine how many there will be when prizes are involved.
      In all of the games I played last year, I never ran into any issues of cheese. I was a bit leery about it myself throughout but never had a problem.
      Pig Bomb -
      Quote Originally Posted by iBrandon View Post
      Quote Originally Posted by gschwendt View Post
      In all of the games I played last year, I never ran into any issues of cheese. I was a bit leery about it myself throughout but never had a problem.
      the menu is not active right now on the their site...can anyone tell me what "rules" if any they use

is this no holds-anything goes-cage match, or sim style event, or something in the middle?
      gschwendt -
      Quote Originally Posted by Pig Bomb View Post
      the menu is not active right now on the their site...can anyone tell me what "rules" if any they use

is this no holds-anything goes-catch match, or sim style event, or something in the middle?
      I don't remember the specific rules last year but if memory serves correctly, they were sim-style rules. As well, there is a feedback section so afterwards, if you had a problem you can report it.
      ram29jackson -
      I don't remember the specific rules last year but if memory serves correctly, they were sim-style rules. As well, there is a feedback section so afterwards, if you had a problem you can report it.
      yeah, so be aware, youll still get some lousy guy that can beat you doing cheesy crap and then he'll give a negative review to top it off. Just get games with everyone here to balance that
      psusnoop -
      I never ran into any cheese last year, everything was pretty good. Feedback is the key, as positive feedback is what you are striving for and any negative feedback is really bad and neutral I think was another choice if my memory serves me right.
      iBrandon -
      So the more games you can play the better? So do you have single guys playing 50 + games, of course giving them a better shot at the prizes?
      I OU a Beatn -
      There are no rules. That's what the feedback system is for.

As far as I know, it's based on record...or something. I wasn't really sure. I ended up being the #3 seed even though I had the 2nd best win percentage and played the 2nd most games of anyone. But yeah, if you want to have a shot at the top, you might as well figure on playing at least 20+ games. Anything less wont get you near the top.
      jwallace0317 -
      Has anyone else had problems registering on this gamechangers site? When I click on the link in my email (or copy/paste it into my browser) it gives an error message as if the site is down. When I ask for another password to be generated, I get an email with another link and that one doesn't work either.
      skipwondah33 -
      I participated in last year's tourney. Since I was hesitant about getting in I just stuck to playing guys from this site (most OneBack, G and CLW) I did run across what guy who was a bit cheddar though.