• NCAA Football 12 Demo Full Details Announced

The NCAA Football 12 demo will be available on June 28 featuring two match-ups: Oregon at Texas and Alabama at Florida State.

The demo will contain two match-ups and allow users to unlock five 2010 Nike Pro-Combat uniforms (Miami, Boise State, Florida, Oregon State, Alabama) for use in the retail version of the game. Sharing the demo with friends will unlock these uniforms. [Additional 2010 Nike Pro-Combat uniforms will be available at launch for EB Games/GameStop pre-orders and made accessible for all later in the year.]

The demo will feature four two-minute quarters for each game with selectable difficulty levels. As well, the demo will support the live tuner packs to help the demo feel more like the retail version of the game.

Click here to view archived video of the uSTREAM event where in addition to demo information, Road to Glory designer Alex Howell answers questions about the mode.

Comments 164 Comments
      cdj -
      The demo will contain two match-ups and allow users to unlock five 2010 Nike Pro-Combat uniforms (Miami, West Virginia, Florida, Oregon State, Alabama) for use in the retail version of the game. [The other five 2010 Nike Pro-Combat uniforms - Boise State, TCU, Ohio State, Pittsburgh, Virginia Tech - will be available at launch for EB Games/GameStop pre-orders and made accessible for all later in the year.]

The match-ups within the demo have not been announced.

You can view the page at http://www.thegamingtailgate.com/for...ilable-June-28
      th3 last tiger -
      Iowa is a lock to be in the Demo!

Spoiler: show
      They aren't
      beartide06 -
      Quote Originally Posted by xMrHitStickx904 View Post
      20 long days. I'll have the game by then lol.
      hook me up my man haha. 3 weeks is too long of a wait for the demo compared to last year. I wonder what the match ups wills be? I was thinking Florida and Alabama and then maybe West Virginia and Oregon State since Miami was in last years to play.
      I OU a Beatn -
      Ugh. That's a good thing and a bad thing.
      morsdraconis -
      Holy shit, WVU is actually gonna be in the demo? Damn, now I will have to play it!
      Hustleman -
      I wish we got it sooner, but glad we have a date for the demo now!
      jaymo76 -
      That sucks!!!! The 28th???
      Paakaa10 -
      Quote Originally Posted by morsdraconis View Post
      Holy shit, WVU is actually gonna be in the demo? Damn, now I will have to play it!
      No teams have been confirmed for the demo yet; the only West Virginia connection we're aware of right now is that playing--and presumably "sharing"--the demo will unlock five Pro Combat uniforms in the full game, and WVU's jersey is in that group of five.
      morsdraconis -
      Quote Originally Posted by Paakaa10 View Post
      No teams have been confirmed for the demo yet; the only West Virginia connection we're aware of right now is that playing--and presumably "sharing"--the demo will unlock five Pro Combat uniforms in the full game, and WVU's jersey is in that group of five.
      Oh. I misread it. Well that sucks. Nevermind then.
      Rudy -
      I'm glad the demo is out later. I think releasing a demo too soon can be counter productive. Two weeks before release is perfect and if a later demo means a more polished demo that better represents the final product I'll be happy.
      Tarhead10 -
      Wow this is a bummer.. I was hoping it was going to be next week, like the month before release we got last year.... I was so ready to play this game...
      Jayrah -
      Quote Originally Posted by Rudy View Post
      I'm glad the demo is out later. I think releasing a demo too soon can be counter productive. Two weeks before release is perfect and if a later demo means a more polished demo that better represents the final product I'll be happy.
      It doesn't mean anything from that standpoint. The demo was released several weeks ago and hasn't been touched. Its just a date thing that has nothing to do with how polished of a demo it is

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk
      Jayrah -
      Quote Originally Posted by Tarhead10 View Post
      Wow this is a bummer.. I was hoping it was going to be next week, like the month before release we got last year.... I was so ready to play this game...
      Yup and we were able to TEAR IT UP for that entire month before we realized not all the issues transferred to retail. A couple did but most of the major ones had already been resolved.

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk
      JeffHCross -
      Quote Originally Posted by Jayrah View Post
      It doesn't mean anything from that standpoint. The demo was released several weeks ago and hasn't been touched. Its just a date thing that has nothing to do with how polished of a demo it is
      Yes, and no. The demo was branched off from main development at some earlier date, yes. But if that date was two weeks later than it was last year (since, I believe, the demo will be two weeks later this year than last), then that could indicate it will be closer to the retail version. Theoretically, at least.
      Paakaa10 -
      Some early information about tuner sets and the demo from Christian McLeod of OperationSports based on a conversation he had with Ben Haumiller:

rudyjuly2: @Bumble14_OS Thanks for all your thoughts on NCAA 12. Any info on how the tuning packs will work this year?

Bumble14_OS: @rudyjuly2 Tuning will be similar to last year, can't select like NHL. Was told by Ben that demo will also be tuned based on feedback.

Paakaa10: @Bumble14_OS Meaning that the NCAA demo itself may be tuned once it's out? Similar to what happened with FIGHT NIGHT Champion?

Bumble14_OS: @Paakaa10 Yes sir. Exactly
      Jayrah -
      Quote Originally Posted by JeffHCross View Post
      Yes, and no. The demo was branched off from main development at some earlier date, yes. But if that date was two weeks later than it was last year (since, I believe, the demo will be two weeks later this year than last), then that could indicate it will be closer to the retail version. Theoretically, at least.
      Ok that makes sense.
      Jayrah -
      Quote Originally Posted by Paakaa10 View Post
      Some early information about tuner sets and the demo from Christian McLeod of OperationSports based on a conversation he had with Ben Haumiller:
      Why on earth would you care to tune the demo?
      SmoothPancakes -
      Why on earth would you care to tune the demo?
      To get an idea, depending on how close the demo is to the actual retail version, of what tuning changes will need to be made to the retail version when it hits the shelves, so they can get those problems tuned and corrected right away instead of having the community bitch about it for a month before they are able to get the data collected and the changes made and get a tuning set out the door.

Take for example, the defensive line. If the defensive line stuff has not been changed at all since the time the demo as split off from the retail version, then if there are changes that the community sees and tells EA needs to be made regarding the pass rush or something, they can tune that stuff in the demo and see what will be needed to replicate that corrected level of the retail version and get a tuning set out maybe on release day or release week to correct that issue right away.
      Jayrah -
      Quote Originally Posted by SmoothPancakes View Post
      To get an idea, depending on how close the demo is to the actual retail version, of what tuning changes will need to be made to the retail version when it hits the shelves, so they can get those problems tuned and corrected right away instead of having the community bitch about it for a month before they are able to get the data collected and the changes made and get a tuning set out the door.

Take for example, the defensive line. If the defensive line stuff has not been changed at all since the time the demo as split off from the retail version, then if there are changes that the community sees and tells EA needs to be made regarding the pass rush or something, they can tune that stuff in the demo and see what will be needed to replicate that corrected level of the retail version and get a tuning set out maybe on release day or release week to correct that issue right away.
      I mean for the time available. If they had released the demo another week or so out this would have been very helpful, but tuning the demo will be limited with only 2 weeks available.
      SmoothPancakes -
      I mean for the time available. If they had released the demo another week or so out this would have been very helpful, but tuning the demo will be limited with only 2 weeks available.
      Yeah, I thought about that exact same thing, just didn't take the time to edit in another paragraph.

I agree though, if it was a month between the demo and retail release like usual it would be perfect for helping find things needed to be tuned and tweaked, more so than in two weeks. Granted, who knows, between the hardcore communities like us, the game changers, the community day guys, etc, two weeks may still be enough time to get an idea of things that need to be tweaked and tuned.