• E3 2011: Unedited NCAA Football 12 Gameplay Footage

In a trio of E3 videos, EA SPORTS Live Team member AJ takes on NCAA Football 12 Producer Ben Haumiller in one quarter of unedited HD gameplay. The first match-up features Alabama vs. Auburn, the second features Ohio State at Nebraska, and the third shows South Carolina vs. Clemson.

Comments 164 Comments
      NaptownMVP -

In this E3 video, EA SPORTS Live Team member AJ takes on NCAA Football 12 Producer Ben Haumiller in one quarter of unedited HD gameplay of Auburn vs. Alabama. After watching the video, share your thoughts with the community.[PRBREAK][/PRBREAK]

You can view the page at http://www.thegamingtailgate.com/for...meplay-Footage
      morsdraconis -
      Yeah, the pass rush wasn't much of anything without blitz, but, that's just how it is. They've already said, there's no way they're ever going to make the pass rush truly realistic because most people wouldn't be able to handle 3-4 seconds in the pocket to make plays (that and the way receivers run routes so slowly, you'd never be able to do anything besides slants before getting sacked).
      Paakaa10 -
      Delete.
      umhester04 -
      Thankfully, sliders can fix the Defensive Line problem
      I OU a Beatn -
      Not online they can't.
      Gotmadskillzson -
      Ben is one blitz happy guy.........
      umhester04 -
      Also the commentary really should be a focal point for next years game, way too many dead spots.
      NaptownMVP -
      Sorry. I didn't see the thread in this forum. Some of the other videos had been posted in the other forum, so I just searched through there.
      Paakaa10 -
      Good thing for this crowd here is that I didn't see any of those scary bull rushes or diving catches in that video . Just kidding, guys.
      illwill10 -
      "

pastapadreBryan Wiedey

got a full game of NCAA 12 in. More subtle in terms of improvements but plays a bit cleaner than Madden.

12 minutes agoFavoriteRetweetReply"
      th3 last tiger -
      As a bit of a playbook nut, I notice that a few plays listed as offset. Any guesses as to what that is? My gut feeling is that they added an offset halfback looks for inside zone plays out of the shotgun. Additionally note the new formation @ 5:20 in the video where it is an H-back look out of the shotgun.
      Tarhead10 -
      Quote Originally Posted by umhester04 View Post
      Also the commentary really should be a focal point for next years game, way too many dead spots.
      I have to agree....This game looks great, but next years focus has to be commentary... This game has already out grown the commentary, and its time for some upgrade especially in between plays when commentators should be talking about info and stats stuff...
      Justin66 -
      still not much a pass rush guess that will never be fixed they also did not run a read option with auburn to see if thats fixed.
      Jaredlib -
      Is Ben just not very good at the game? Honestly
      Pig Bomb -
      Quote Originally Posted by Jaredlib View Post
      Is Ben just not very good at the game? Honestly
      He's not good.... it's typical though...many in the business of making these games are so busy working on various aspects that they are not able to become as good at the game as we are. This is one reason why sites like TGT are so important...EA needs feedback from hardcore pros who play the game way more than some of the staff ever could.
      Jaredlib -
      Yeah, I hear you there.

Honestly the video shows some good stuff. The tackling in my opinion looks great. I think the d-line needs to be savage and more dynamic but oh well.
      Dr Death -
      One thing I noticed, early in the video, when Ben is on defense, just after they show the mascot, the play-call screen flips to Ask Coach quickly, and in the background of the play-call screen you see , it then happens again as Ben is trying to change defensive coverages... so my question is this... since we all know Ben is an fan, when you pick your "favorite" team at the onset, will that always be what shows up in the play-call screen or is it always ?

As far as the commentary, they absolutely need a total overhaul next year. I did notice that he said how many plays and yards the TD drive was, which I believe is new, but the entire commentary has just gotten old. We've heard these same lines now for how many years?

Still want to see more game play, especially HUM vs CPU, and I have to believe they were playing on default settings, as the game looked ridiculously fast to me. I would assume we will have the option, like last year, to adjust game speed.
      Jaredlib -
      Has anyone else pointed out on here that the Alabama QB throws a perfect pass while on the run and a guy hanging off of him
      gschwendt -
      Quote Originally Posted by Dr Death View Post
      One thing I noticed, early in the video, when Ben is on defense, just after they show the mascot, the play-call screen flips to Ask Coach quickly, and in the background of the play-call screen you see , it then happens again as Ben is trying to change defensive coverages... so my question is this... since we all know Ben is an fan, when you pick your "favorite" team at the onset, will that always be what shows up in the play-call screen or is it always ?
      It's always Florida State... that's the same image as it is on NCAA11. Just like as he goes to By Formation, it shows an Ohio State player.
      xMrHitStickx904 -
      Game looks pretty good. Commentary is definitely old though, probably either play it with just the crowd on, or just have by Beats on. It seems like a polished '11, which is good news, and the consecutive hit tackles adds more to the game as well.