• NCAA Football 12: Week of E3 Recap

E3 2011 is in the books. After no mention of NCAA Football 12 during day one's media briefing or EA SPORTS uSTREAM event, lots of game news, media, and hands-on impressions came out during the course of the week.

Among the highlights: The NCAA Football 12 demo will be available June 28, we now know all 120 team ratings and prestige (courtesy Hellisan at TSO), and EA SPORTS released three unedited gameplay clips: Alabama vs. Auburn, Ohio State vs. Nebraska, and Clemson vs. South Carolina.

For complete E3 discussion with The Gaming Tailgate community, visit our E3 2011 Discussion thread.

Continue on to see the full list of info and media released during the week of E3 2011.

Comments 236 Comments
      morsdraconis -
      $10 says it's just the leaked information from that one website that posted it by accident and then retracted it a bit later where they revealed quite a bit about it all. For anyone that read that article, it's probably highly unlikely that there's going to be anything new added to that.
      illwill10 -
      Quote Originally Posted by morsdraconis View Post
      $10 says it's just the leaked information from that one website that posted it by accident and then retracted it a bit later where they revealed quite a bit about it all. For anyone that read that article, it's probably highly unlikely that there's going to be anything new added to that.
      I agree with that id you are talking about RTG.
      I still think there might be more small stuff about it, though
      cdj -
      I would guess there will be videos, images, official blogs, media hands-on previews, etc. Pure text info - published or intentionally leaked - doesn't do game improvements (NCAA FB, MW3, or any game) justice.
      joshuahuskers -
      Hoping to hear something new about TeamBuilder. When will you guys be able to talk about TeamBuilder (either to confirm nothing has changed, or tell us about improvements)?
      Paakaa10 -
      Thanks for setting this up, Chris. Love E3 in that we get a lot of new information about games that we're excited for, but it can definitely get difficult to keep up with all of that information when everything is coming out at once. Will you be able to post links to archives of any UStreams in the event that people here aren't able to watch? I'm planning on watching the EA SPORTS bits live, but sometimes plans change.
      Jayrah -
      I'm just ready to see some more game footage.
      psusnoop -
      Quote Originally Posted by Jayrah View Post
      I'm just ready to see some more game footage.
      Exactly, and we all know this means we are closing in on demo day as well!
      ram29jackson -
      i'll just wait for this site to get its grubby hands on something and look at that haha
      jaymo76 -
      All I want is a demo date announcement!!!
      souljahbill -
      Quote Originally Posted by jaymo76 View Post
      July 11th. :p

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      SmoothPancakes -
      Quote Originally Posted by souljahbill View Post

It'll be in December or January. EA's going to join the various other companies and release a demo 5-6 months after release date, like various games have, such as: Modern Warfare 2, Black Ops, Fable III, and others.
      jaymo76 -
      Quote Originally Posted by souljahbill View Post

Is that fact Soulja or an educated guess??? Either way, I'm good with the 11th of June. It will allow me to finish up the current NCAA 11 sched...
      RussellWilson -
      I hope in RTG you can transfer schools... also in RTG to be a kicker because I think it'll be interesting to see.

In RTG I hope theirs different freaking colors because the colors except orange blew donkey vagina... But to transfer from a school to another would be pretty cool!
      I OU a Beatn -
      Is that fact Soulja or an educated guess??? Either way, I'm good with the 11th. It will allow me to finish up the current NCAA 11 sched...
      He was joking as NCAA '12 comes out the 12th of July. I would assume it would release either June 14th, 21st, or 28th.
      jaymo76 -
      Quote Originally Posted by I OU a Beatn View Post
      He was joking as NCAA '12 comes out the 12th of July. I would assume it would release either June 14th, 21st, or 28th.

Oops... I thought he put down JUNE 11TH as in this week ~ Lloyd Christmas moment... "my friend's a little slow in the head"
      SmoothPancakes -
      Quote Originally Posted by RussellWilson View Post
      I hope in RTG you can transfer schools... also in RTG to be a kicker because I think it'll be interesting to see.
      Please, for the love of God, this! Yes, to the devs, and probably to 99% of those who actually play RTG, kicker is worthless as a playable position, but just once, I would love to give RTG a go as a kicker, being called out on the field for the game winning field goal, or the game winning extra point. I want that chance, even if I'm only one of like 10 other people who want it.

Since I highly doubt it's an option this year, Community guys, please add this to your list of things to mention to the developers for next year. Please bring up the idea and topic of making kicker a selectable and playable position in RTG next year.

Quote Originally Posted by I OU a Beatn View Post
      Oops... I thought he put down JUNE 11TH as in this week ~ Lloyd Christmas moment... "my friend's a little slow in the head"
      Yeah, I'm putting my money on June 14th. It'll be a month before the release date, which is what EA has pretty much averaged for demo releases. Plus from what the devs have said about it already working it's way through the verification system and waiting for approval from MS and Sony for a little while now, June 14th would work out pretty well for length of time to go through the various processes from MS and Sony and be ready for release.
      I OU a Beatn -
      I personally hope they don't release it til like June 28th or July 5th, mainly because I don't want to play a demo. I'm nervous that if I do play it and it turns out to be a huge debacle like last year's demo, I may actually get pissed and not buy it, which would be terrible because it's an easy platinum.

Of course, I guess it could surprise me and be really solid. Last year's demo definitely left a really bad taste in my mouth, though, so I just hope it doesn't have the same types of issues.

You're probably right, though - June 14th sounds about right.
      morsdraconis -
      I've stopped really caring about the demo at all. I only played last years long enough to unlock the jerseys and really it was just for the hell of it as I never used them and never planned on using them. The demo does nothing for me as it's never truly indicative of how the game is actually going to play.
      I OU a Beatn -
      It's pretty close. The main thing is it gives them a chance to get some early feedback implemented on the first patch or tuner tweak. Last year's demo was really close to how the final game played, IMO. Some of the really major issues were tweaked on the first patch, too, which was released relatively quickly and ended up at least allowing me to complete a few games online.

That wouldn't have happened if some of the issues prevalent in the demo weren't identified and tweaked.
      beartide06 -
      Some guy I know said on his PS3 it ran across the screen and said that the demo was coming out June 7th