• NCAA Football 12 uStream Developer Chat - Recap

EA SPORTS held a monthly uStream event today that focused on NCAA Football 12. While the majority of the show featured in-depth developer discussion regarding Presentation and Gameplay upgrades, some new information was released regarding the demo and also a new game feature - Coach Mode. Continue on for more info.

Some of the show highlights:
    • The demo will feature two match-ups (TBA) that will allow users to unlock five Nike Pro-Combat uniforms. The other five will be available for EB Games/GameStop pre-orders. However, Producer Ben Haumiller disclosed that the pre-order uniforms will be made available at a later date for all NCAA 12 gamers.
    • There is no current release date for the demo, but it is expected to be available after E3, which is held in early June.
    • In response to a community question, Designer Greg Heddlesten stated that stat overlays will be more frequent and not only indicate yardage milestones, but also average (and below average) performances.
    • Four of the different crowd audio recordings were played to showcase the difference users will hear when playing at a large stadium as compared to a smaller stadium.
    • Executive Producer Roy Harvey visited the set and announced a new feature: Coach Mode. This mode will allow users to call the plays and pre-snap adjustments while watching the CPU execute the plays in a broadcast style camera.
    • A new screenshot was shown, featuring a night game between Alabama vs. LSU.
    • Dynasty info will begin to emerge on May 23 while information regarding Road to Glory improvements will be announced around E3.

Click here to view the archive of this uStream event.
    Comments 115 Comments
      CLW -
      Quote Originally Posted by steelerfan View Post
      According to JB, gifs of cats is another.
      Here Kitty Kitty......
      morsdraconis -
      Lol, haven't you stated, multiple times, that you are done with console gaming and thereby, NCAA? If someone else is enjoying the talk, let 'em.
      I am done with console gaming, but I still have a vested interest.
      ram29jackson -
      so, are they going to say anything or will it be more of "we cant answer that yet "...?

3 hours is a long time for unpolished, promo fodder for the kiddy's.
      gschwendt -
      Consider that a lot of the Facebook crowd doesn't interact on forums or anything to keep up with the steady stream of news. I'm sure if it does actually go three hours, we'll see full games played as well as Q&A, etc. But honestly I'll be surprised if it lasts more than an hour.
      ram29jackson -
      Quote Originally Posted by gschwendt View Post
      Consider that a lot of the Facebook crowd doesn't interact on forums or anything to keep up with the steady stream of news. I'm sure if it does actually go three hours, we'll see full games played as well as Q&A, etc. But honestly I'll be surprised if it lasts more than an hour.

they say 5 to 8...not that I have any idea how to fill 3 hours haha ?
      JeffHCross -
      Quote Originally Posted by ram29jackson View Post
      3 hours is a long time for unpolished, promo fodder for the kiddy's.
      So ignore it and then read the chat later.
      gschwendt -
      As expected, the chat will last for approximately an hour today (now scheduled 5pm to 6pm).
      cdj -
      Confirmed on developer uStream chat:

- Half of Pro-Combats available via demo, half via GameStop pre-order. However, those uniforms will be made available to everyone at a later date. NCAA 12 will still feature the Pro-Combats from last season.
      cdj -
      Next EA SPORTS uStream
      June 6 1:30 PT
      Live from EA Press Conference at E3
      souljahbill -
      Quote Originally Posted by cdj View Post

- Half of Pro-Combats available via demo, half via GameStop pre-order. However, those uniforms will be made available to everyone at a later date. NCAA 12 will still feature the Pro-Combats from last season.
      Now, if only we could get PSN back up before the demo drops........

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      cdj -
      Demo going through certification process, no date. Probably after E3.

Unlock Pro-Combat Uniforms via two match-ups TBA.
      skipwondah33 -
      That stadium noise test gave me goose bumps I will admit hearing 80,000 roar
      Deuce -
      Ya, that was pretty damn cool.
      ram29jackson -
      Quote Originally Posted by cdj View Post

yeah, but is the palm tree on the sleeve or not ? haha
      steelerfan -
      Is there a format that would allow those of us who reject Facebook to view this?
      gschwendt -
      Is there a format that would allow those of us who reject Facebook to view this?
      http://www.ustream.tv/easportslive
      cdj -
      EP Roy Harvey now on....giving away Presentation Cam (Broadcast Camera) in full fledged Coach Mode.
      steelerfan -
      Quote Originally Posted by gschwendt View Post
      Thank you, kind sir!
      Deuce -
      I really do like Roy Harvey. I think he's going to continue to have a great impact on the game
      steelerfan -
      Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
      I really do like Roy Harvey. I think he's going to continue to have a great impact on the game
      +1