• NCAA Football 12 uStream Developer Chat - Recap

EA SPORTS held a monthly uStream event today that focused on NCAA Football 12. While the majority of the show featured in-depth developer discussion regarding Presentation and Gameplay upgrades, some new information was released regarding the demo and also a new game feature - Coach Mode. Continue on for more info.

Some of the show highlights:
    • The demo will feature two match-ups (TBA) that will allow users to unlock five Nike Pro-Combat uniforms. The other five will be available for EB Games/GameStop pre-orders. However, Producer Ben Haumiller disclosed that the pre-order uniforms will be made available at a later date for all NCAA 12 gamers.
    • There is no current release date for the demo, but it is expected to be available after E3, which is held in early June.
    • In response to a community question, Designer Greg Heddlesten stated that stat overlays will be more frequent and not only indicate yardage milestones, but also average (and below average) performances.
    • Four of the different crowd audio recordings were played to showcase the difference users will hear when playing at a large stadium as compared to a smaller stadium.
    • Executive Producer Roy Harvey visited the set and announced a new feature: Coach Mode. This mode will allow users to call the plays and pre-snap adjustments while watching the CPU execute the plays in a broadcast style camera.
    • A new screenshot was shown, featuring a night game between Alabama vs. LSU.
    • Dynasty info will begin to emerge on May 23 while information regarding Road to Glory improvements will be announced around E3.

Click here to view the archive of this uStream event.
    Comments 115 Comments
      Cipher 8 -
      Quote Originally Posted by psusnoop View Post
      I've never really done a complete coach mode, but it could be interesting to do an online dynasty using that format.
      I like the recruiting portion of the dynasty mode more than anything so doing a dynasty like this would allow me to get through the games faster + brings a nice broadcast style and feel of actually watching the game play out which could be neat. I'll probably do at least one side-dynasty like this in NCAA Football 12. Just to get my recruiting fix in and take full advantage of the awesome presentation in this years game.
      psusnoop -
      Quote Originally Posted by Cipher 8 View Post
      I like the recruiting portion of the dynasty mode more than anything so doing a dynasty like this would allow me to get through the games faster + brings a nice broadcast style and feel of actually watching the game play out which could be neat. I'll probably do at least one side-dynasty like this in NCAA Football 12. Just to get my recruiting fix in and take full advantage of the awesome presentation in this years game.
      I'm thinking real hard about getting in one like this as well. Could be interesting to try and hey if it isn't my cup of team so be it, but I want to atleast try it out. I enjoy the recruiting as well, and would like to see how things pan out just coaching the kids up a little bit. I could see myself yelling even more at the game though too.
      gschwendt -
      A couple of video clips from Friday's uStream:

psusnoop -
      Be cool if there was a way in dynasty to watch user vs user games. I know psuexv and I, and Oneback has as well streamed them and it was a blast to watch the games.
      xMrHitStickx904 -
      yeah, a spectator mode without lagging the people playing would be incredible . shameless plug here, but I need friends on PSN. just got a ps3, its xMrHitStickx757, add please lol.
      JBHuskers -
      Quote Originally Posted by xMrHitStickx904 View Post
      yeah, a spectator mode without lagging the people playing would be incredible . shameless plug here, but I need friends on PSN. just got a ps3, its xMrHitStickx757, add please lol.
      I want that mode as well, but there is a LOT that goes into it to it work right; which is why it hasn't made the cutting room floor.
      psusnoop -
      Oh for it is a pipedream, but something that would be awesome!!

Add psusnoop hitsticks
      Jayrah -
      Quote Originally Posted by gschwendt View Post
      A couple of video clips from Friday's uStream:

Looking at the diving catching again, I'm really surprised that there was no defensive dive "bat away" animation added to match and defend the diving catch animation. I'm a little disappointed there will not be a viable defense vs this technique.

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk
      xGRIDIRONxGURUx -
      if you are trailing and the dive animation triggers and they catch the ball then you would still miss it anyways... ive looked at it this way... if someone WANTS to dive and catch it, ill allow them, they are down there, and as long as you keep the flats covered with the upgraded zone it wont be that bad... thats the only places i can see someone really dropping darts for them to dive and catch it perfect'ish like in the video... just my 2 cents

"E"
      Jayrah -
      Quote Originally Posted by xGRIDIRONxGURUx View Post
      if you are trailing and the dive animation triggers and they catch the ball then you would still miss it anyways... ive looked at it this way... if someone WANTS to dive and catch it, ill allow them, they are down there, and as long as you keep the flats covered with the upgraded zone it wont be that bad... thats the only places i can see someone really dropping darts for them to dive and catch it perfect'ish like in the video... just my 2 cents

"E"
      So what though?! The offense gets an extra 1 or 2 yards to make up ground while the defender is helpless but to watch.

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk
      xGRIDIRONxGURUx -
      i dont understand... the one or two times i have seen it with a defender there he doesnt stop running, he is just trailing so bad he doesnt have time to catch up to it...

"E"
      oweb26 -
      Quote Originally Posted by xMrHitStickx904 View Post

You can add me oweb2 on both consoles PS3 and Xbox 360, Put TGT in the subject or something.
      Jayrah -
      i dont understand... the one or two times i have seen it with a defender there he doesnt stop running, he is just trailing so bad he doesnt have time to catch up to it...

"E"
      Again, so what? I just want to see an effort from my defender LOL. However contrary to the videos, what about when the defender is even with the guy, and could get there, but the offense is the only one with the animation to get to it? Maybe it's not so prevalent in the videos so far, but I guarantee there will be an important catch that will be made that should have been defended and couldn't be, in just about everyone's dynasty.

I guess this will make up for the past 7 years of super lbs making plays they shouldn't have
      rhombic21 -

"E"
      There's one instance in the Missou-OK State game video where the receiver catches a slant and the LB completely stops chasing him for a second. It looked like a user error initially because there was a sudden jerking animation that took the LB completely out of the play, but then if you go back and watch it the player is completely AI controlled.

It was clearly some kind of glitch.

EDIT: Didn't read the initial post clearly enough. Thought you were talking about something else.
      Jayrah -
      Quote Originally Posted by rhombic21 View Post
      There's one instance in the Missou-OK State game video where the receiver catches a slant and the LB completely stops chasing him for a second. It looked like a user error initially because there was a sudden jerking animation that took the LB completely out of the play, but then if you go back and watch it the player is completely AI controlled.

It was clearly some kind of glitch.

EDIT: Didn't read the initial post clearly enough. Thought you were talking about something else.
      yeah that was weird. notice ben didnt comment on it lol