• NCAA Football 12 uStream Developer Chat - Recap

EA SPORTS held a monthly uStream event today that focused on NCAA Football 12. While the majority of the show featured in-depth developer discussion regarding Presentation and Gameplay upgrades, some new information was released regarding the demo and also a new game feature - Coach Mode. Continue on for more info.

Some of the show highlights:
    • The demo will feature two match-ups (TBA) that will allow users to unlock five Nike Pro-Combat uniforms. The other five will be available for EB Games/GameStop pre-orders. However, Producer Ben Haumiller disclosed that the pre-order uniforms will be made available at a later date for all NCAA 12 gamers.
    • There is no current release date for the demo, but it is expected to be available after E3, which is held in early June.
    • In response to a community question, Designer Greg Heddlesten stated that stat overlays will be more frequent and not only indicate yardage milestones, but also average (and below average) performances.
    • Four of the different crowd audio recordings were played to showcase the difference users will hear when playing at a large stadium as compared to a smaller stadium.
    • Executive Producer Roy Harvey visited the set and announced a new feature: Coach Mode. This mode will allow users to call the plays and pre-snap adjustments while watching the CPU execute the plays in a broadcast style camera.
    • A new screenshot was shown, featuring a night game between Alabama vs. LSU.
    • Dynasty info will begin to emerge on May 23 while information regarding Road to Glory improvements will be announced around E3.

Click here to view the archive of this uStream event.
    Comments 115 Comments
      ram29jackson -
      well, i'm going to need to see replay...
      Tarhead10 -
      I have to agree about Roy Harvey... Everytime he talks about something or does a blog, it always gives me great confidence in the direction of this series...
      ebarws6 -
      The video archive was made private by EA? I was in the middle of watching it (about 25:00 in) and then the video stopped. I reloaded the page and a message came up saying the video was made private. What would be the reasoning for that?
      JBHuskers -
      Yeah Roy is definitely a great guy who has a great vision for this franchise.

The addition of Coach Mode will definitely be welcome for quite a few guys in the community.
      cdj -
      Quote Originally Posted by ebarws6 View Post
      The video archive was made private by EA? I was in the middle of watching it (about 25:00 in) and then the video stopped. I reloaded the page and a message came up saying the video was made private. What would be the reasoning for that?
      Try this link.
      Rudy -
      I loved having 4 different games in the demo last year. They spoiled us! They can't go backwards! (unless they give us 3 minute quarters).
      OSUCowboyofMD -
      I just want to know all the 30 new entrances they have added...if anyone knows?
      Rudy -
      The volume was really low. Does Russ think he's the new Ian Cummings lol? He's rocking his hat backwards. A tribute perhaps?
      psusnoop -
      Quote Originally Posted by JBHuskers View Post
      Yeah Roy is definitely a great guy who has a great vision for this franchise.

The addition of Coach Mode will definitely be welcome for quite a few guys in the community.
      I've never really done a complete coach mode, but it could be interesting to do an online dynasty using that format.
      JeffHCross -
      Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
      I really do like Roy Harvey. I think he's going to continue to have a great impact on the game
      If anyone (besides AustinWolv) who's connected with Michigan can count me as a fan, you know he's done well.
      Tarhead10 -
      So the University of Tennessee will not release rights for players to run through the T....That sucks for Vols fans, but oh well nothing you can do about it....
      Tarhead10 -
      Also for Michigan fans, Ben said that he was pretty sure that the new scoreboard made it in...
      steelerfan -
      Just watched the whole show. It's exciting to hear the devs reference the Wishlist Tournament and to hear them use community-coined phrases like "psychic man coverage". Hopefully, this serves as evidence to those of you who have not met these guys - they are listening to forums like TGT and they watch the Wishlist Tournament closely. It's important to vote when TGT has the tourney, and to post the reasoning behind your votes.
      Paakaa10 -
      Quote Originally Posted by steelerfan View Post
      Just watched the whole show. It's exciting to hear the devs reference the Wishlist Tournament and to hear them use community-coined phrases like "psychic man coverage". Hopefully, this serves as evidence to those of you who have not met these guys - they are listening to forums like TGT and they watch the Wishlist Tournament closely. It's important to vote when TGT has the tourney, and to post the reasoning behind your votes.
      + 1,000,000
      Tarhead10 -
      I cant watch past 25:00 mins...It says my shockwave plugin has crashed???
      JeffHCross -
      Quote Originally Posted by Tarhead10 View Post
      I cant watch past 25:00 mins...It says my shockwave plugin has crashed???
      Got Chrome? That can happen when your memory maxes out. Close down other tabs and such and it might help.
      xGRIDIRONxGURUx -
      some out there may think coach mode isnt worth 2 cents... but i am genuinely pumped for it... to finally do coach mode dynasty and not worry about the sticks being touched... that, will be a blast

"E"
      morsdraconis -
      Quote Originally Posted by xGRIDIRONxGURUx View Post
      some out there may think coach mode isnt worth 2 cents... but i am genuinely pumped for it... to finally do coach mode dynasty and not worry about the sticks being touched... that, will be a blast

"E"
      +1

Most definitely man. Gonna be great that that is finally truly in there.
      gschwendt -
      The only negative I will say regarding the coach mode is that you have to snap the ball each time. It might seem like a small deal but in the little I played, I became annoyed with it. I'd prefer to call the play and just sit back but obviously they want to give the option to do hot routes, etc.
      Tarhead10 -
      Quote Originally Posted by JeffHCross View Post
      Got Chrome? That can happen when your memory maxes out. Close down other tabs and such and it might help.
      Yeah with Chrome I had to go get a updated version of shockwave... Thanks man